MP Megatron Illegal in Australia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically Australia just consistantly updated and evolved it's laws and regulations regarding Guns. Now it might seem silly to you in the US, but we (Australians) don't like to promote gun culture, like in the USA. Most Australians haven't even seen or picked up a gun in person... Now I know 2nd amendment of the US constitution, which to us Australians seem absurd that it's still in place. I mean seriously, when was the last time the King or Queen of England tried to walk into your house??? By the way semi-automatic weapons are illegal down here also. You can get rifle etc but with a licence...

So that why a semi-realistic look gun toy is illegal down here. Having said that it is possible to get it down under is you have a collector's or replicas licence. That's how I got mine.

Same goes for swords replicas and knives. Not sure if all the states followed suit, but in Victoria it's a real wank. I don't know who was behind it, but a local store, that supplied these collectibles, was given a hard time for just having them in the store.

When you aint got guns handy, you go for sharp instruments. Now they are banned. You can buy a knife, but you're not allowed to have it on your person. Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Eng and Kang were chased by a guy with a nail in a stick. :lol

Same goes for swords replicas and knives. Not sure if all the states followed suit, but in Victoria it's a real wank. I don't know who was behind it, but a local store, that supplied these collectibles, was given a hard time for just having them in the store.

When you aint got guns handy, you go for sharp instruments. Now they are banned. You can buy a knife, but you're not allowed to have it on your person. Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Eng and Kang were chased by a guy with a nail in a stick. :lol

Are you a Melbournian too?

England is passing a similar law about replica weapons.

Couple of years ago a cop shot a guy who was inside a house and wearing a costume. The guy was waving a toy gun.

As a film student I was shooting a scene inside a diner using rubber guns. There were film lights all over the diner and there was no attempt to conceal what we were doing. We were beseiged by the cops - we're talking 4 squad cars, shot guns, bullhorns with "come out with your hands up".

Wish I'd gotten that part of it on film. I don't really know what this has to do with Megatron though...

Thats a hell of a situation to find yourself in Dave :lol

Yeah Britain is very strict on firearms. Next month new laws are coming into force that will make it illegal to import even replica and toy guns into the country. This sucks because I really wanted to get a pulse rifle at some point :( Not too long ago a guy was taken down and arrested for carrying a toy gun whilst dressed as a Stormtrooper outside a convention or something lol

England is passing a similar law about replica weapons.

Couple of years ago a cop shot a guy who was inside a house and wearing a costume. The guy was waving a toy gun.

As a film student I was shooting a scene inside a diner using rubber guns. There were film lights all over the diner and there was no attempt to conceal what we were doing. We were beseiged by the cops - we're talking 4 squad cars, shot guns, bullhorns with "come out with your hands up".

Wish I'd gotten that part of it on film. I don't really know what this has to do with Megatron though...

as a drama student, i starred in an independent film from a director going to film school. i of course was a thug. he contacted the local p.d. to notify them of his intention to film a mock holdup at a local liquor store and had to pay for a one time filming license.

Did you have a filming permit?

Basically Australia just consistantly updated and evolved it's laws and regulations regarding Guns. Now it might seem silly to you in the US, but we (Australians) don't like to promote gun culture, like in the USA. Most Australians haven't even seen or picked up a gun in person... Now I know 2nd amendment of the US constitution, which to us Australians seem absurd that it's still in place. I mean seriously, when was the last time the King or Queen of England tried to walk into your house??? By the way semi-automatic weapons are illegal down here also. You can get rifle etc but with a licence...

So that why a semi-realistic look gun toy is illegal down here. Having said that it is possible to get it down under is you have a collector's or replicas licence. That's how I got mine.

Hate to break the news to you...but I disagree completely!! Having Guns in the citizens hands is what is keeping the U.S. still a FREE COUNTRY! Read our Constitution...We were given the right to bear Arms to stand up against a Tyrannical Government such as were are starting to have now.WE THE PEOPLE!!! If everyone surrenders their guns then they become a SLAVE! and CONTROLLED! and cannot defend themselves against Tyranny from Government nor defend themselves against Criminals.If you want to be enslaved,then fine, but Give me Liberty or give me Death! it is OUR God Given right to be FREE! Wake up people,thats all I got to say!

Well that's what your government wants you to think,but the reality is that government institutions don't want there populations having weapons because then they(the GOV.) wouldn't be in total control,and gun control is just that,CONTROL.Trust me not having weapons in Australia only benefits the Australian Gov. not Australians.

The only reason the U.S. still has fire arms is because the U.S. Gov. has this grand scheme and want's to have a little chaos,they want to have someone to chase around and shoot at because they make money off it.

It's like these DUI laws they have,whats the point of telling someone they can't drink & drive when drinking is legal and there are bars and liquor stores every were you look,I mean c'mon how else are people suppose to drive home after having a couple of drinks at the bar:lol,which in the Government's mind 2 drinks is legally drunk(what a joke).

I once said about 5 years ago that driving your car while using a phone will be banned and now their starting that too.Pretty soon you wont be able to eat & drive.

Hate to break the news to you...but I disagree completely!! Having Guns in the citizens hands is what is keeping the U.S. still a FREE COUNTRY! Read our Constitution...We were given the right to bear Arms to stand up against a Tyrannical Government such as were are starting to have now.WE THE PEOPLE!!! If everyone surrenders their guns then they become a SLAVE! and CONTROLLED! and cannot defend themselves against Tyranny from Government nor defend themselves against Criminals.If you want to be enslaved,then fine, but Give me Liberty or give me Death! it is OUR God Given right to be FREE! Wake up people,thats all I got to say!

:rock::rock:rock:rock

I once said about 5 years ago that driving your car while using a phone will be banned and now their starting that too.Pretty soon you wont be able to eat & drive.

Some people shouldnt even be allowed to breathe and drive at the same time.... Give me an airplane any day over a car! :lol

I think the fewer guns the better. Just out of curiosity, is the crime or death by shooting rate low in Australia?

It's completely flip'n bizarre. It's a toy gun, if you're stupid enough to point one at a police officer you deserve to be shot. If the police are so incompetent to shot people who's just holding a toy gun and not pointing it at anyone, then they're trigger happy morons.

Banning replica swords, equally bizarre. You can just as easily kill someone with a pipe as you could with a sword. What's next, banning plumbing pipes?

I think the fewer guns the better. Just out of curiosity, is the crime or death by shooting rate low in Australia?

Actually is a proven statistic that the more guns,the less crime there is!
A criminal does not fear anyone who isnt armed! Guns keep the peace! and put fear into people from trying to take over! here is an example-Imagine someone breaks into your home and tries to hurt any of your loved ones but you have no gun to defend them or yourself.He has a gun and you cant defend yourself!! Do you think criminals believe in Gun Control?? No,they'll have a gun regardless! Hitler also believed in Gun Control too!!

The world is in a much safer place of having guns in the hands of Law Abiding
Citizens

The only reason the U.S. still has fire arms is because the U.S. Gov. has this grand scheme and want's to have a little chaos,they want to have someone to chase around and shoot at because they make money off it.

Well,its been called for a New World Order and One World Government.If the Government can disarm us,then they can have their dictatorship,power and New World Order.Thats why its important that we understand and know our Constitution and Bill of Rights which our Government is trying to destroy.
Ever read the Patriot Act?? it will make you sick to your stomach

Well,its been called for a New World Order and One World Government.If the Government can disarm us,then they can have their dictatorship,power and New World Order.Thats why its important that we understand and know our Constitution and Bill of Rights which our Government is trying to destroy.
Ever read the Patriot Act?? it will make you sick to your stomach

Yeah most of the laws in this country make me sick to my stomach.
What I ment by in my last post is that are goverment really doesn't need to ban fire arms or anything else that they see as a threat completly,they just need to control it,that way they can make money off of the conviction's and tax payers.If they really wanted to stop it they would completely ban guns altogether except for police having them,but they wont do that because there's no money in a complete ban.

Just like with prohibition they tried that sh%# and it didn't work.They realized that with banning alcohol the mobsters were making all the money and the government wasn't,so they changed the law back:lol.The only reason the government makes laws in the first place is so they can make money off them,to quote my favorite comedian George Carlin "they don't give a sh%# about you".

They call it the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.

Yeah most of the laws in this country make me sick to my stomach.
What I ment by in my last post is that are goverment really doesn't need to ban fire arms or anything else that they see as a threat completly,they just need to control it,that way they can make money off of the conviction's and tax payers.If they really wanted to stop it they would completely ban guns altogether except for police having them,but they wont do that because there's no money in a complete ban.

Just like with prohibition they tried that sh%# and it didn't work.They realized that with banning alcohol the mobsters were making all the money and the government wasn't,so they changed the law back:lol.The only reason the government makes laws in the first place is so they can make money off them,to quote my favorite comedian George Carlin "they don't give a sh%# about you".

They call it the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.

Well that statement is true, they really dont give a crap about you and it is all about money aswell, BUT, The reason why they havnt banned guns yet is because of US!! THE PEOPLE!! Until people stop speaking and allow a gun ban to happen,then we'll all be in trouble.As long as we still have OUR Bill of Rights and second Ammendment,people will keep fighting for it.People need to understand how important it is to have the right to bear arms to defend against Tyranny and Slavery (Yes, it can happen in the U.S. if we let it)

"Guns dont kill people,people kill people"

Back