PDA

View Full Version : More Hot Toys Superman?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

bluesparrow
09-24-2007, 01:41 AM
Guess so. Just got the newsletter, which had this blurb:

"Superman Returns in October? - Shuhhhhhh......in fact, this is not the right time to reveal, but we just canít wait! Yes, we are going to bring him back......Well, itís not the same one which launched before. Iím sorry, but I can only say itíll be two more MMS collectibles - oneís outfit is in silvery white......SUPERMAN, CLARK KENT or who else?!? Thatís all for this month! If you really wanna know what exactly they are, you know what to do, right? "

Also they officially announced the RE4 line, announced the AVP:Requiem license, and set the Power Loader release date as October.

King Darkness
09-24-2007, 01:57 AM
Guess so. Just got the newsletter, which had this blurb:

"Superman Returns in October? - Shuhhhhhh......in fact, this is not the right time to reveal, but we just canít wait! Yes, we are going to bring him back......Well, itís not the same one which launched before. Iím sorry, but I can only say itíll be two more MMS collectibles - oneís outfit is in silvery white......SUPERMAN, CLARK KENT or who else?!? Thatís all for this month! If you really wanna know what exactly they are, you know what to do, right? "

Also they officially announced the RE4 line, announced the AVP:Requiem license, and set the Power Loader release date as October.

Glad to hear they have the AVPR license, that more money too HT and less for my wallet.

Rob
09-24-2007, 03:04 AM
announced the AVP:Requiem license:chew:chew:chew:rock:rock:rock

Reinhardt
09-24-2007, 04:21 AM
this was a great newsletter!!!!

The Mike
09-24-2007, 08:06 AM
Silvery white is indicating a Kryptonian suit....the question is whether they'll do Kal-El in his return suit or Jor-El. Toys R Us came out with a Jor-El tribute figure so its a possibility. As for the other its most likely Lois Lane, they teased her back when Clark was announced and never did anything with her past that so I'm about 100% sure it'll be her. We definitely need a Lex Luthor in this line as well.....

Darren Carnall
09-24-2007, 08:12 AM
where are you getting these newsletters? lol

The ill Jedi
09-24-2007, 08:48 AM
where are you getting these newsletters? lol
You sign up for it at Hot Toys' site. :cool:

pjam
09-24-2007, 08:53 AM
Silvery white may be Supes suit to Krypton, we saw it in the Kent farm crash site when he first appeared but it was all sooted out, more a grayish color.

Or Maybe it IS Jor-EL, I don't know. I'm guessing the other is either Lois or Lex, both make sense to do, Lois works for Clark and Supes.

Either way, great news!

Darklord Dave
09-24-2007, 10:14 AM
I can't see them doing Lois before Lex. A Brando Jor-el would be welcome though.

pjam
09-24-2007, 10:19 AM
I can't see them doing Lois before Lex. A Brando Jor-el would be welcome though.

If they do a Jor-El, Lois makes sense, saving Lex for later. Lois works with Supes and Clark. Jor-El sounds more like a stand alone but I agree, would be amazing news.

Darren Carnall
09-24-2007, 10:22 AM
You sign up for it at Hot Toys' site. :cool:

*goes off to google to find it*

The Mike
09-24-2007, 10:24 AM
In the initial release description they mentioned Lois already....have said nothing about Lex. I'll see if I can finish out the initial release somewhere...

pjam
09-24-2007, 10:25 AM
In the initial release description they mentioned Lois already....have said nothing about Lex. I'll see if I can finish out the initial release somewhere...

So most likely Supes in Krypton suit and Lois then.

I really hope it's a Jor-EL though, fingers crossed.

I wonder if they'll paint Kate's eyes accurately, she has one blue eye and one brown eye but she may have worn colored contacts in the film, not sure.

nash
09-24-2007, 11:08 AM
im hoping for superman instead of jor-el. and lois would be cool

The Mike
09-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Odds are that Kal-El in the silver arrival suit would be more likely than a Jor-El only because Jor-El was seen only in Hologram form through the film. Lois I think is a lock especially with Elizabeth Swann coming in the POTC line, I think HT is trying to offer diversity in their licenses and not just males.

Bardoon
09-24-2007, 01:02 PM
I'd pass on Lois Lane...don't care for her at all.

I'd certainly be interested in Kryptonian suit Supes, Lex and Jor-El

The Mike
09-24-2007, 01:04 PM
One has to wonder though with so much coming out with Superman Returns why no Bruce Wayne, Ducard or Rachael Dawes supporting Batman Begins?

TheObsoleteMan
09-24-2007, 01:08 PM
One has to wonder though with so much coming out with Superman Returns why no Bruce Wayne, Ducard or Rachael Dawes supporting Batman Begins?

It boggles my mind that they didn't make a League of Shadows Bruce Wayne.

EVILFACE
09-24-2007, 01:13 PM
I'd be down for Jor-El but no one else.

TheObsoleteMan
09-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Jor-El would be amazing, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Supes in that silver space suit which is something I can do without.

pjam
09-24-2007, 01:51 PM
im hoping for superman instead of jor-el. and lois would be cool

Call me a dollie wuss but I think Lois would be cool, hanging off Supes in flying pose or with Clark...

A Lex would be better yes and i'm sure its coming but Jor-EL would be the ultimate.

Gatack
09-24-2007, 06:29 PM
I'd welcome anything from them. Jor El is what I'm hoping for tho'. Although I'd anything Superman from them.

The Mike
09-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Even though we're probably getting this figure:

http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/1979/kalelreturnsoh3.jpg

This fits the description a little better:

http://www.peterfries.com/junk/rtk/rtk03.jpg

I'm starting to wonder....

Money is still on Lois for the other figure though.

galactiboy
09-24-2007, 07:12 PM
That'd be sweet to get a Jor-El... but HT loves reusing stuff so my guess would be another superman in the silver suit.

The Mike
09-24-2007, 07:13 PM
If they did do Kal-El I hope its with the newer Superman sculpt and not the original....

Darklord Dave
09-24-2007, 07:14 PM
The silver travel suit is most likely. They not only have the sculpt, but the pattern for the suit and the mold for the "s" shield. An extremely easy regurgitation - much like the 2nd Sao Feng PotC figure.

EVILFACE
09-24-2007, 08:20 PM

It would rule for them to release this figure. Brando's presence and voice made the beging of the moive. The Donner Cut of Superman II is priceless.

The Mike
09-24-2007, 08:25 PM
We're supposed to find out in October right? I'm on pins and needles.

bluesparrow
09-25-2007, 01:40 AM
I'd really dig a Hot Toys Lois Lane figure to be honest. Also the spacesuit Supes. Brando would be crazy insane good luck. But then again Hot Toys has delivered the apparantly impossible(Power Loader, ED-209) before.

Someone mentioned earlier the lack of other Batman Begins stuff, I too was disappointed in that. I'd really love a Rhas al Ghul and ninja Bruce Wayne figure. Not to mention the Scarecrow. The license was probably limited to Batman though, there WERE 5 companies making 1/6 Batman Begins figures(Hot Toys, Takara, Medicom, DCD, Mattel), and all of them only did the batsuit version. Takara managed to get the alternate head with theirs but I think if Medicom could've done a Bruce Wayne figure in a suit they would have, even just as an exclusive. Superman Returns license seems more open-ended.

screamingmetal
09-25-2007, 08:23 AM
I might be interested in a Brando Jor-El or a Superman in his return outfit. But I really wish they would just re-release the damn Superman suit figure. I hope they get to make the figures from the sequel whenever that gets made. :rolleyes:
Or better yet, a Christopher Reeve Supes.

The Mike
09-25-2007, 10:03 AM
When Man of Steel gets out of preproduction Hell and starts shooting (word is that its been delayed now that Justice League has the greenlight) I wonder if they'll pull a Batman on Supe's costuming and play with the suit itself a bit. I wouldn't put it passed Singer and Co. to make the suit a bit different and offer up some explanation through the storyline.

galactiboy
09-25-2007, 01:29 PM
I hadn't thought about the Justice League movie and collectibles... man HT could make some awesome DC figures that would leave me broke as a joke :rock

I'd kill for a 1/6 Darkseid :rock

The Mike
09-25-2007, 02:18 PM
The interesting thing about HT JL figures is that for at least Batman and Superman they'll differ from their respective film counterparts Bale and Routh....

galactiboy
09-25-2007, 02:46 PM
I was just reading that... probably don't need more modern characters so I'd probably focus more on the other characters, especially if we got some sweet villians.

The Mike
10-11-2007, 11:30 AM
We're half way though October almost and no news on this? :confused:

Darth Caedus
10-12-2007, 09:18 AM
We're half way though October almost and no news on this? :confused:

:monkey2:monkey2 A Kryptonian Jor-El or even Kal-El would be awesome. My wallet hates me.

The Mike
10-13-2007, 11:16 PM
If I had my way I'd get Kryptonian Kal-El, Jor-El, Lex Luthor, Lois Lane and while it wouldn't be popular Jimmy Olsen. Out of all of those though I seriously think we need Lex and Lois next.

toylion
10-18-2007, 03:06 AM
Hello, first post on the new Sideshow Freaks board. Was on the old board. Anyway here's my spacesuit Kal-El.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc309/toylion/Toy%20Collection/Picture031.jpg

Reinhardt
10-18-2007, 03:10 AM
welcome to the board!! is that a custom spacesuit?

toylion
10-18-2007, 03:30 AM
Thank you. Yes it's a custom. used the extra Clark Kent head.

toylion
10-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Been ask about the Spacesuit a few times, thought I'd post the answer for anyone else interested.

"Hi, yes I put the outfit together. I say that becuase I didn't sew the oufit. Bought it from Rauty, he makes custom outfits for Captain Action. He just happened to have this grey suit when I email him. You could request a custom from him, but some times he's booked up. I believe it was meant to be an older version of Batman. The "S" was from the Barbie and Ken Superman Returns, I just painted it. Glad you liked it. Here's Rauty site, just click on "New Captain Action Costumes". He also sells on Ebay."

Leo

http://www.rautystoyshop.com/

xenoviper
10-22-2007, 03:42 AM
http://www.boy-toy.net/bbs/UploadFile/2007-10/200710221615033.jpg

gdb
10-22-2007, 05:00 AM
You have got to be kidding me!

Jorel!!!

Thank you xenoviper.

zedex9r
10-22-2007, 05:24 AM
WOW ! Nice find Xenoviper !!

Another Superman version. Looks like they changed his outer briefs to more of the movie style. Looks like a new headsculpt too, or at least a repainted headsculpt

Jor-El looks nice. Father and Son :)

Jor-El is such an intergral part of the entire Superman movie series it seems fitting that he stands there besides his son. Plus for those with Reeve versions of Superman will find the Hot Toys Jor-El a great addition to that figure.

It also looks like Superman will also come with Clark Kent's outfit. I imagine that is what it means by 2 in 1 version ?

Looks like my current Hot Toys Superman will be upgraded to this version. :)

I hope my wish of a Hot Toys Silver spacesuit Superman comes about one day. Also I would give my toupee for a Lex Luthor :D :D :D

cheers

PS : I don't really wear a toupee :o

Cocoboloboy
10-22-2007, 05:53 AM
Great pics xeno!
Is it me or does Supe's new suit have a slight pattern to it?

EVILFACE
10-22-2007, 05:58 AM
AWESOME!!!!

Does this mean we might get a Christopher Reeve Superman maybe sometime????

Rogue Trooper
10-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Jorel is mine, don't need superman as i already got him.
But if HT are bring out a new version of him maybe they'll bring out a new Hicks for all those people who have to pay a stupid price for him, much more accruate maybe?

Darklord Dave
10-22-2007, 10:55 AM
I didn't dream it could be Jor-El, that's great news! I'm sure it's only because they used him in SR that it's possible, but it would be very cool if this did mean they could do Reeve Superman figures.

pjam
10-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Jor-El dreams do come true!

That is mine. Big Time!

Looks like a new sculpt for Supes to accomodate a Kent suit (prolly drilled areas to fit glasses). I have both so no need for that

But JOR-EL, are you kidding me?! Great News, thanks Xeno!

Note: Jor El's costume looks white in those pics but HT hinted at a silvery costumed fig, So maybe it will be a Silvery reflective material. Hope so. HT is fairly accurate with their Costumes so I believe it will be.

Rock83
10-22-2007, 12:31 PM
I didnt buy the first Hot Toys Version because i didnt like the head,but this one is worth buying,FOR SURE!Thanks for Posting.

The Mike
10-22-2007, 12:42 PM
That's a new headsculpt because its got that determined look on it, its also better paint apps at least from this angle. 2 in 1? I'm assuming it allows for full costuming changes although I might get it just to have a better looking Supes next to the original.....Considering the fact it'll include all clothing and a headsculpt alternative, you could essentially buy a GL HT Body and have both figures for a relatively nice pricing....

Jor-El is a FANTASTIC SURPRISE! I never thought they'd do it but I'm ready to PreOrder Now!!! HT is amazing!!

The Mike
10-22-2007, 12:47 PM
Great pics xeno!
Is it me or does Supe's new suit have a slight pattern to it?

It looks like it does and Clark's suit looks Brown which is different than this:

http://www.action-hq.com/store/images/Clark_Kent4.JPG

and more along these lines:

http://beta.asoundstrategy.com/sitemaster/userUploads/site77/routh810clarkkent1.jpg

I may actually sell my V1 Superman Returns in favor of this one....

Bardoon
10-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Wow!Joe-El...very nice Hot Toys!!!!

I'll be picking him up along with the new Superman/Clark Kent 2-pack as well!

Rogue Trooper
10-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Is jorel's stomach padded out is or is it the pose.

Batty
10-22-2007, 02:14 PM
A Jor-El figure?! HT never ceases to amaze!

Gatack
10-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Jor-El dreams do come true!

That is mine. Big Time!

Looks like a new sculpt for Supes to accomodate a Kent suit (prolly drilled areas to fit glasses). I have both so no need for that

But JOR-EL, are you kidding me?! Great News, thanks Xeno!

Note: Jor El's costume looks white in those pics but HT hinted at a silvery costumed fig, So maybe it will be a Silvery reflective material. Hope so. HT is fairly accurate with their Costumes so I believe it will be.

I called it. Jor-El! :)

metaphorge
10-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Very very nice, Both are definite pickups, especially Jor-El. I've got a kitbashed Super with Hot Toys parts in a Medicom suit, but I should be able to find a use for most of those parts.

I wonder if Sideshow will manage to import them this time?

bwayne
10-22-2007, 02:50 PM
I passed on the others, but I think I might be tempted to get this one.

Rock83
10-22-2007, 03:05 PM
There will most likely be 2 more Superman movies,so i always knew there was gonna be a new and improved figure out sooner or later.

TheObsoleteMan
10-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Holy crap, we're actually getting Jor-El! :blissy

Grange Wallis
10-22-2007, 05:53 PM
:monkey5:chew:D:google
I'm selling my orginal for that one! Look 20,000 x better!
And Jor-El ****** Yeah!:chew:rotfl:chew:rotfl

gdb
10-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Is jorel's stomach padded out is or is it the pose.

Zoomed in, looks like it's the pose.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9713/30804459bm9.png (http://imageshack.us)

Damn... still processing the coolness of it all.
Jor-F'ing-El!!

Bardoon
10-22-2007, 07:06 PM
If that is Hong Kong Dollars on there for the Supes/Clark 2-pack...using a converter puts it at about $100 USD!!!

Though I really doubt that 2-pack will be sold at $100....

Ven
10-22-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm really excited for jor-el... but what really confuses me is what the heck? more superman returns figures but no new batman begins figures? WTH!!!!

The Mike
10-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Without question Jor-El is the number one figure I look forward to the most this upcoming collecting year. I honestly don't care about anything else until I get that figure PreOrdered.

metaphorge
10-22-2007, 08:14 PM
If that is Hong Kong Dollars on there for the Supes/Clark 2-pack...using a converter puts it at about $100 USD!!!

Though I really doubt that 2-pack will be sold at $100....

I get the impression it is not a two-pack, but one figure with two heads and outfits. I can't read chinese so I can't be sure, though. (Obviously it doesn't matter a lot if it is just the heads and outfits 'cos all we'll need is an extra body and hands.)

xenoviper
10-22-2007, 08:14 PM
Arghhhh HT sure knows how to screw us over.... this coming up one has a new head sculpt and new superman costume with correct patterns etc....

Hmm.... now im thinking if i should sell the first version......... damnnnnnnnnn you HT.........................
HT Robocop 1 & 3...........deja vu ............ *Faint*

xenoviper
10-22-2007, 08:16 PM
I get the impression it is not a two-pack, but one figure with two heads and outfits. I can't read chinese so I can't be sure, though. (Obviously it doesn't matter a lot if it is just the heads and outfits 'cos all we'll need is an extra body and hands.)

Yep it is one figure with 2 heads and 2 costumes..
$750 HK dollar for pre-order or $780 HK dollar retail
works out to be around USD$97 or USD$100... very good price for a figure with 2 heads and 2 costumes!

Grange Wallis
10-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Not to mention with the Australian Dollar being so high at the moment Jack, it great to be an Aussie collector!

xenoviper
10-22-2007, 08:38 PM
YES! Definitly!
Im still waiting for the day of AUD$1 = USD$1 :D

The Mike
10-22-2007, 08:43 PM
What's really exciting is that if those prices stick Jor-El should be around $88....

Gatack
10-22-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm excited, I can't wait. The Brando is practically a dream piece.

Grange Wallis
10-22-2007, 11:47 PM
So what do we reckon the turn around time is on some decent pictures for these awesome additions...

Rock83
10-23-2007, 02:59 AM
It would be cool if HT did the same thing with a Batman Begins figure,i dont have the first one,so i would buy a second version if it will be made like this Superman figure.

Cocoboloboy
10-23-2007, 04:09 AM
That's a great price if it holds true. Like xenoviper I'm debating whether or not to sell my Supes figure.

Hot Toys Rocks!

Reinhardt
10-23-2007, 05:17 AM
although it's really cool that Hot Toys is doing another Superman figure, it sucks for those that picked up the first one. Especially considering this one looks improved.

Like someone else said with the whole Robocop, Robocop 3 fiasco - they are milking it a bit too much now.

Jor El kicks ass though!!

pjam
10-23-2007, 09:38 AM
I don't know, I love my HT Supes and would never sell it. And CK, love it too this was the suit he wore when we first saw him at the Daily Planet and the HS is a Clark one, so that makes a difference if they don't include it... Just not diggin the brown suit either. Matter of taste I guess...

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/pjam07/DSC03067.jpg

I still don't think a V1 HT Supes with repaint can be beat...

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/pjam07/DSC02390.jpg

The Mike
10-23-2007, 09:45 AM
and the HS is a Clark one, so that makes a difference if they don't include it... Just not diggin the brown suit either. Matter of taste I guess...

I don't understand this comment. According to what we can see from what little information we have the figure will include both costumes, both headsculpts and one body....

pjam
10-23-2007, 10:00 AM
I don't understand this comment. According to what we can see from what little information we have the figure will include both costumes, both headsculpts and one body....

It's very simple. The Clark HS looks different as does the suit, it is brown. Like I said, matter of taste. I like the original CK HS better but good to know they are including a CK HS too.

And I don't think the original HT Supes with a repaint can be beat. I just like that sculpt better too.

The big news here though is Jor-El IMO, can't wait to pose him with my Reeve Supes...

The Mike
10-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Does the Clark HS look different? I can't tell a difference....If it is different then essentially what we have is a Clark v2 and a Supes v2

pjam
10-23-2007, 10:17 AM
Does the Clark HS look different? I can't tell a difference....If it is different then essentially what we have is a Clark v2 and a Supes v2

Hard to tell but from that pic it looks a little different to me, maybe it's not.

What we do know. Different Supes HS. CK suit is brown. I just like the original Versions better... but this 2 for 1 offering is a great deal for sure. :D

lerath666
10-23-2007, 02:54 PM
WOW. Soo happy, get a shot at the HT superman! Grandmother Started me on action figures my first christmas with the old superfriends superman figure back in 1982. So i don't really get a choice with this one. those of you with Different actor headsculpts for your Superman figures, ( like reeves) Is there any way to get those, or do I just get to sculpt it myself? Must.... Get...... Tom.... Welling.... headsculpt :rofl Can't help it, so far he's my favorite superman, and we might not ever see him in the suit.

You know, with the JLA movie comming out, we might even see some more Great DC characters in 1/6. Too Bad they went with John Stewart Over Hal jordan for GL. Never Liked John Stewart Much after what the justice leage cartoon did to him. Stewart is a great character, But He's no HAL jordan, no matter how hard They try to make him.

bwayne
10-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Any ideas when this will be out? I already saw a preorder on ebay for this for $119 and Toy Square doesn't have it up for preorder yet.

gdb
10-23-2007, 03:28 PM
They both say 2007 so I'd expect an official annoncement from Hot Toys very soon and then it's off to the races for pre-orders.

lerath666
10-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Perhaps sideshow will announce them during spooktacular?

gdb
10-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Unless something has changed, Sideshow won't be carrying them. It'll be up to Toys Square and eBay and other importers.

Cocoboloboy
10-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Toy Square all the way for me. Jor-El will be ordered from them as soon as it's available.

The Mike
10-23-2007, 07:21 PM
2007? I wonder if these are targeted for Q4? Man.....that'll be expensive considering all the other crap I have coming

EVILFACE
10-24-2007, 03:36 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/wahdee/super022.jpg

More Pics: http://dailyholocron.proboards77.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=sr&thread=1190624626&page=1

Grange Wallis
10-24-2007, 04:29 PM

Damn that those sculpts are so much better - Definately sell the orginal HT Superman for this one!

Jor-El is Spot on! Going of my un-trained eye - Jor-El looks like a Yurri (Spelling) sculpt!

Rock83
10-24-2007, 04:37 PM
I dont like the head sculpt on Clark Kent,whats up with that smile?But superman and Jor-el is just awesome!

kain4521
10-24-2007, 04:39 PM
I passed on Superman the first time around I will not make the same mistake twice.

Rock83
10-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Its a matter of time before we see a superman in spacesuit now.

I know it will take a while,but i know a Christopher Reeve Superman will show up eventually,that would be my ultimate Collectible!

fanboyz
10-24-2007, 05:09 PM
It's nice to see an expression on Clark's face, goofy and all. Too often we don't get an expression on one sixth heads.

gdb
10-24-2007, 07:02 PM

More Pics: http://dailyholocron.proboards77.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=sr&thread=1190624626&page=1

Maybe Brando's shirt is padded...

Looks like they might have changed the pattern on the Superman suit.

Thanks for the new picture Evil Face.

The Mike
10-24-2007, 07:19 PM
I'm definitely nabbing both, the goofy look on Clark will look great next to the standard and my standard will now be ripping his shirt open because it'll go better with the expression. I love the new Supes and it'll contrast great with the V1 since the sculpts are so different. Can't wait to PreOrder...

Bardoon
10-24-2007, 07:43 PM
From these pics...the Superman sculpt is still not quite Brandon Routh but is definitely quite awesome! And it is painted much better than the original and even the Supes head that came with the original Kent.

Jor-El definitely looks like Brando and you can see the likeness there! It looks even more like Brando than Sideshow's Godfather PF!

Can't wait till these go on pre-order!

Batty
10-24-2007, 08:11 PM
I don't know if I'll be getting the new Superman. I'm pretty happy with V1. And I still can't get over Jor-El.

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/160/super011vn4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

EVILFACE
10-24-2007, 08:23 PM
My only gripe is Jor-El's symbol is not correct.

Batty
10-24-2007, 08:28 PM
My only gripe is Jor-El's symbol is not correct.

Is it just a matter of making the "S" thinner? It's a bit hard to tell in that shot.

DarkArtist81
10-24-2007, 08:33 PM
I'll be getting Jor-El for sure. Might get Clark, not sure yet. Superman is an easy pass for me, as I already have a good enough version for myself. Though, if I DO see that sculpt loose on Ebay I will buy it up in a second. :lol

pjam
10-24-2007, 08:37 PM
I dont like the head sculpt on Clark Kent,whats up with that smile?But superman and Jor-el is just awesome!

Yup, I thought it was different at first and it is, a different expression for sure and I'm not so sure I dig it either, not that it matters, I have an original HT CK and love it.

Jor-El is absof'n-lutely amazing, great sculpt, but where are the silvery white clothes? I see white but no silver. Bet it comes with Crystals...

And yeah Josh, I love my original Supes w/FML repaint below and yours kicks all kinds of ass too, Big Time, great stuff Bro!

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/pjam07/DSC023372.jpg http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/pjam07/DSC02327.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/pjam07/DSC02322.jpg

Thanks EF!

gdb
10-24-2007, 09:47 PM
If he doesn't come with crystals, we'll need to find some for him!

Scarlet
10-24-2007, 09:55 PM
Now that's awesome. Love the new headsculpt. And I love the fuller shorts.

Scarlet
10-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Okay wait, are wetting the new fuller shorts or the small older type.

I hope it's the new one.

EVILFACE
10-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Is it just a matter of making the "S" thinner? It's a bit hard to tell in that shot.

The original is much more rounder, not straight like the Returns shield.

Okay wait, are wetting the new fuller shorts or the small older type.

I hope it's the new one.

I'm sure it would be the fuller style.

Ven
10-24-2007, 11:05 PM
The original is much more rounder, not straight like the Returns shield.

yup, as you can tell the new body shots are just the new headsculpt + old superman figure.. because you can't see the new patterns on the suit.

Scarlet
10-25-2007, 02:50 AM

Awesome.
Cant wait!

JediFirefly
10-25-2007, 03:35 AM
I'll be getting Jor-El for sure. Might get Clark, not sure yet. Superman is an easy pass for me, as I already have a good enough version for myself. Though, if I DO see that sculpt loose on Ebay I will buy it up in a second. :lol

Just so you know Superman and Clark come in a 2 pack. And form what I have read you only get 1 body but both sets of clothes so that you can choose how to display him. I will be getting this (I dont have ether of the originals) and possibly looking for a second body so I can display both of them.

piccolodaimaoh
10-25-2007, 03:50 AM
I am extremely excited over this news.
With the Resident Evil and Appleseed figures coming out it makes me wonder what bomb shell Hot Toys will hit us with next month.
This market is heating up and setting all my cash on fire!!

Rock83
10-25-2007, 03:59 AM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/pjam07/DSC023372.jpg http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/pjam07/DSC02327.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/pjam07/DSC02322.jpg

This repaint looks incredible,better than the new release also!

fanboyz
10-25-2007, 09:02 AM
I wonder what Brando will looks like in the Superman Outfit...

Darklord Dave
10-25-2007, 10:59 AM
I hadn't noticed that Jor-El's symbol was wrong - hopefully they'll change it before release. The Movie "S" is quite different from the comic book "S" that the prototype is wearing. I'm not sure I like how they did the clothes either. Of course they can't glow like in the movie - but something a little shinier might have looked better. But it's still a great looking figure.

screamingmetal
10-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Just so you know Superman and Clark come in a 2 pack. And form what I have read you only get 1 body but both sets of clothes so that you can choose how to display him. I will be getting this (I dont have ether of the originals) and possibly looking for a second body so I can display both of them.

Wow they're re-releasing their Superman! Man I missed the first one so I have to get this one, but if it does come in a two uniform set it might put this out of my price range. But I swear that Clark Kent figure has a different head sculpt then that Superman.
I wonder if they're going to re-release Their Batman Begins or release a Bale Bruce Wayne?

The Mike
10-25-2007, 01:47 PM
I wonder if they'll offer two stands with it. If not would the stand say just "Superman" or "Superman/Clark Kent"

Cocoboloboy
10-25-2007, 02:42 PM
I wonder if they'll offer two stands with it. If not would the stand say just "Superman" or "Superman/Clark Kent"

I'm guessing a removable nameplate with CK on one side and Supes on the other.

gdb
10-25-2007, 03:25 PM
Historically Hot Toys' stands can say quite a mouthful. So I would expect either "Superman/Clark Kent" or "2 in 1 Version Superman/Clark Kent."

Superman seems to be a reissue with slight modifications with some stripped down Clark Kent pieces -- just a two piece suit instead of a three piece with trenchcoat (and using the pre-existing patterns). There's two different head sculpts of course. The hands seem to be a compromise as it doens't seem to come with the grasping hands of Clark Kent or the karate chop hands of Superman. Instead it looks like it's Superman's fists and a pair of bendy hands.

That's all to suggest that this doesn't look like the ultimate Superman to end all Supermans. Just a really, really nice Superman with some Clark Kent clothes and head thrown in. If anyone missed either CK or Superman before now, they have no excuse to pass on this set.

TheObsoleteMan
10-25-2007, 03:39 PM
I hadn't noticed that Jor-El's symbol was wrong - hopefully they'll change it before release. The Movie "S" is quite different from the comic book "S" that the prototype is wearing. I'm not sure I like how they did the clothes either. Of course they can't glow like in the movie - but something a little shinier might have looked better.

Now that we've gotten a better look at Jor-El, I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed with the outfit myself. Looks like he's in a terrycloth bathrobe and pj's. Feels kinda half-assed for HT.

Rock83
10-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Many pre-orders up on ebay now...

bwayne
10-25-2007, 05:20 PM
I don't trust preorders on ebay.

Rock83
10-25-2007, 05:23 PM
I don't trust preorders on ebay.

depends,i feel comfortable with a Hong Kong seller i have bought several times from,gets the figures quicker also.

The Mike
10-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Hopefully Toy Square gets their chance for PreOrders soon...

bwayne
10-25-2007, 05:29 PM
depends,i feel comfortable with a Hong Kong seller i have bought several times from,gets the figures quicker also.

I just hear too many horror stories about ebay preorders. I will wait for Toyanxiety to list it.

pjam
10-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Use a dealer you know... as far as US Dealers, I don't think there have been any for the HT Superman line so Toys2 for me. I figure Jor El will be 115, don't know about Supes, probably more because there is more to it.

Rock83
10-25-2007, 05:46 PM
i have bought almost all of my Hot Toys figures from a Hong Kong seller on ebay,so i stick with him,i have bought 2 times from toys2.net also,very good service and fast shipping.

captain sack
10-25-2007, 06:15 PM

in the richard donner film, jor-el has the "george reeve's" "S". the hot toys figure has the generic superman "S".

captain sack
10-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Now that we've gotten a better look at Jor-El, I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed with the outfit myself. Looks like he's in a terrycloth bathrobe and pj's. Feels kinda half-assed for HT.

don't worry. if you don't like this version, i'd wager they'll be releasing jor-el in his black outfill later on.

pjam
10-25-2007, 06:27 PM
When HT first hinted at a silvery white costumed Supes fig, they obviously were talking about Jor EL. The outfit in the proto pics is white as previously mentioned but I am betting that is a proto and HT had not yet figured out what material to use and will release Jor El with a "silvery white" costume. HT is known for delivering on details as clearly necessary as this and I wouldn't put it past them.

I am not as hopeful about the "S" Shield, I think that is what we will probably get this go 'round.

captain sack
10-25-2007, 08:56 PM
When HT first hinted at a silvery white costumed Supes fig, they obviously were talking about Jor EL. The outfit in the proto pics is white as previously mentioned but I am betting that is a proto and HT had not yet figured out what material to use and will release Jor El with a "silvery white" costume. .

in reality, when the lights were off, the costume was white. but when the lights were on it glowed. what hot toys should do is make the costume a shiny silver.

gdb
10-25-2007, 11:06 PM
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4407/cksupermanol5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Grabbed this from http://dailyholocron.proboards77.com/index.cgi?board=sr&action=display&thread=1190624626&page=2

I'm thinking the new head looks sort of Superboyish.

bluesparrow
10-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Both those new sculpts are nice, I like the original Clark better though.

Grange Wallis
10-25-2007, 11:59 PM
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4407/cksupermanol5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Grabbed this from http://dailyholocron.proboards77.com/index.cgi?board=sr&action=display&thread=1190624626&page=2

This one owns the original!

Ven
10-26-2007, 12:17 AM

I don't think this sculpt's chin is strong enough like the first one.. though paint apps are better on the 2nd version, I like the orginal better.

pjam
10-26-2007, 12:25 AM

I'm so glad I have the original CK, look at those Super ears and stupid grin... :lol

Supes sculpt is a matter of taste. :D You get an improved pattern suit and all the extras so it's a great 2 for 1 deal.

nash
10-26-2007, 02:56 AM
This looks freakin cool, when can we order it? Damn ive been out of the loop on things for 2 weeks or more.

Rock83
10-26-2007, 03:57 AM
The reason people like this new one better is because of a better paint job than the first one,the sculpt in itself isnt any better,the headshape looks more accurate on the first release.

Cocoboloboy
10-26-2007, 06:29 AM
Yeah, like the suit and the paint apps but hate those ears and Clarks grin...I'm still gonna get him though.:o

Gruff Old Bear
10-26-2007, 06:55 AM
I really like Clark's knowing grin. It captures him in the moment Lois walks away never dreaming...you know. It's subtle. And get a load of Superman's new spit curl -- that's some kinda whirly-curly hank of hair...

These new sculpts are the work of the fabulous Yulli (http://blog.naver.com/yulli63), who did the POTC trio, Prison Break brothers, Rambo v3, and Appleseed Deunan. Click the link for a better glimpse of Brando as Jor-El.

Darth Caedus
10-26-2007, 09:07 AM
This looks freakin cool, when can we order it? Damn ive been out of the loop on things for 2 weeks or more.

You are me both, I'll pretty much buy anything Supe related

Darklord Dave
10-26-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm betting the Superman head isn't a different sculpt - but this does look like an improvement on the paint.

That little piece of Jor-el's cloak that we can see in the pic makes it look like it's a shiny white material.

Rogue Trooper
10-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Im fine with my original superman but the jor-el is mine.

The Mike
10-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Can't see the pic of the new Supes HS but the Jor-El looks amazing

pjam
10-26-2007, 10:25 AM
These new sculpts are the work of the fabulous Yulli (http://blog.naver.com/yulli63), who did the POTC trio, Prison Break brothers, Rambo v3, and Appleseed Deunan. Click the link for a better glimpse of Brando as Jor-El.

From Yulli's site, the pics of Jor El's outfit look white, almost like a terry cloth, can't see the shine in it, the "S" Shield has silver Trim.

Thanks for the link Gruff.

UPDATE: Toys2 should have Jor El and Supes up on their site for Pre-order Monday. Don't know price points yet.

galactiboy
10-26-2007, 10:49 AM
The material doesn't look so nice, but still its Jor-El! A definite must have :rock

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2009/1759237006_26b8893e43_b.jpg

pjam
10-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Great sculpt, thanks for that pic GB. I see ABC Express has them for under 100 less shipping so I hope Toys2 will be a similar price point...

galactiboy
10-26-2007, 11:01 AM
That'd be a great price...

I like the detail of the new Supes sculpt... but he looks a bit too teen angsty for my tastes. I still prefer the original.

galactiboy
10-26-2007, 11:02 AM
I also hope Jor-El comes with more than just those open meathooks. I don't like that relaxed hand sculpt. I think it hurt the Prison Break figures.

Cocoboloboy
10-26-2007, 12:23 PM
The fact that they're relaxed doesn't bother me but I just don't think HT makes a very natural looking relaxed hand pose. Sideshows force hand looks better than HT's as a relaxed pose.

TheObsoleteMan
10-26-2007, 01:16 PM
The material doesn't look so nice, but still its Jor-El! A definite must have :rock

Yeah, despite the costume issues, it's still a must have for me too.

galactiboy
10-26-2007, 01:19 PM
The fact that they're relaxed doesn't bother me but I just don't think HT makes a very natural looking relaxed hand pose. Sideshows force hand looks better than HT's as a relaxed pose.

Exactly, I'm fine with relaxed... but these don't look very nice

carbo-fation
10-26-2007, 02:27 PM
The sculpt is awesome. Must have for me as well!:rock

gdb
10-26-2007, 04:53 PM

I've placed the smile on Clark's face. It reminds me of Kevin from Sin City...

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/1006/sincity41pu2.jpg
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/4588/sincitykevingu0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Darth Caedus
10-26-2007, 05:21 PM
uhhhh, already have first HT Superman Returns...now I suppose I'm going to have to get this one too.

gdb
10-26-2007, 05:29 PM
uhhhh, already have first HT Superman Returns...now I suppose I'm going to have to get this one too.

If you're not really feeling it, you can always wait. I don't think this will be your last opportunity to buy a Superman/Clark Kent from Hot Toys. I figure a couple more rounds of Superman Returns then Justice League Superman before Man of Steel Superman.

Darth Caedus
10-26-2007, 05:37 PM
If you're not really feeling it, you can always wait. I don't think this will be your last opportunity to buy a Superman/Clark Kent from Hot Toys. I figure a couple more rounds of Superman Returns then Justice League Superman before Man of Steel Superman.

Uhhh, that is also true. But I don't know if this Supes will become hard to get much like the SR became.

gdb
10-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Uhhh, that is also true. But I don't know if this Supes will become hard to get much like the SR became.

Well you gotta think long term. Do you want a shelf of SR Supermans? The first one next to this one next to a Justice League next to a Man Of Steal Superman next to...

Ah, what the hell, if you don't have Clark, pick this guy up. Hell, buy a Hot Toys body and boom, you can have two Supermans flanking Clark Kent.

Darth Caedus
10-26-2007, 05:47 PM
Well you gotta think long term. Do you want a shelf of SR Supermans? The first one next to this one next to a Justice League next to a Man Of Steal Superman next to...

Ah, what the hell, if you don't have Clark, pick this guy up. Hell, buy a Hot Toys body and boom, you can have two Supermans flanking Clark Kent.

Hmm, that's one hell of an idea you have.

gdb
10-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Hmm, that's one hell of an idea you have.

My original idea for me was to sell my V1 Superman that I modified to be true 1:6 -- he's over 12 1/2 inches instead of 11 3/4 -- on eBay with the V2 head that came with Clark Kent; buy the new Superman, swap on the V1 head, grab a spare Hot Toys body, give two more leg inplants and boom! I'd have a triptych: Clark, transforming Clark and Superman. But I'm not doing it as I'm just not digging on the new pattern on the suit. The scale of the diamond pattern bugs me.

The Mike
10-26-2007, 10:27 PM
I love the new Supes sculpt but not feeling the Clark goofy grin after looking at the last pic shown. I still will try and nab a second HT body and have them both next to their v1 counterparts.

Darren Carnall
10-27-2007, 02:42 AM
have they not been able to get brandon routh's likeness rights or something? None of the Ht supes figures have looked like him to me. (great figures i'm sure, I'm not doubting that ... but just not brandon)

seems odd they can get stallone, keira knightly, marlon brando.... but not brandon routh?

Also, and it could be the photo... but the scale of his head next to his body makes him look like he's got the physique of a slim Japanese man

Lord Vicious
10-27-2007, 12:58 PM
If anyone is looking to sell his old v1 HT Supes, pm me :D

Darklord Dave
10-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Likeness is subjective. I think all the HT Supermans and Clarks look like Routh - how much depends on the paint job, but it's obvious it's a portrait of BR.

OSCORP
10-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Absolutely stunning, anyone know when these will be available to order?

wax murderer
10-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Just checked the HT site, and the new 'Returns" figures aren't even listed.Someone has terrifyingly good intel here...PS

Rock83
10-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Absolutely stunning, anyone know when these will be available to order?

They are up for pre-order allready,i ordered from abc-express on ebay,Hong Kong seller that ive bought from several times,gets the items faster and provides excellent service.

hydrobud
10-28-2007, 07:09 PM
http://www.pineapple.com.hk/~abc/ebay/sellproducts/j26c004.jpghttp://www.pineapple.com.hk/~abc/ebay/sellproducts/j26c002.jpg
http://www.pineapple.com.hk/~abc/ebay/sellproducts/j26c001_opening.jpghttp://www.pineapple.com.hk/~abc/ebay/sellproducts/j26c003.jpg
http://www.pineapple.com.hk/~abc/ebay/sellproducts/j26c005.jpg

OSCORP
10-28-2007, 07:12 PM
:drool

This fig(Jor-El) is gonna sell out fast i think judging by the responses in this thread alone

edwint
10-28-2007, 08:55 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/wahdee/jorello.jpg

TheObsoleteMan
10-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Looks much better with the white boots.

Great sculpt, but it seems a bit too textured.

EVILFACE
10-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Yea, Brando was prolly in his mid 50's in Superman. But since the likeness is there, I can look past the excessive wrinkles. And the white boots look much better, I'm sure the black were just prototype test runs.

TheObsoleteMan
10-28-2007, 09:08 PM
The white boots are really making me feel better about the whole outfit. It all ties together now, and just looks... better.

The bad part is knowing that Christopher Reeve and Terrence Stamp figures aren't likely to follow. :monkey2

The Mike
10-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Well a Christopher Reeve figure is definitely a long shot but who knows in Man of Steel we might get Supes reflecting on the Phantom Zone, quick shot of Zod and then he becomes a figure possibility.

metaphorge
10-28-2007, 09:14 PM
I've placed the smile on Clark's face. It reminds me of Kevin from Sin City...
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/1006/sincity41pu2.jpg
[URL=http://imageshack.us]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/4588/sincitykevingu0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Why'd you have to go and post that? now it reminds me of how much I want Hot Toys Marv and Kevin figures....

gdb
10-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Why'd you have to go and post that? now it reminds me of how much I want Hot Toys Marv and Kevin figures....

There's a sequel or two coming out. Hot Toys may yet do Sin City figures.

gdb
10-28-2007, 09:21 PM
The white boots are really making me feel better about the whole outfit. It all ties together now, and just looks... better.

The bad part is knowing that Christopher Reeve and Terrence Stamp figures aren't likely to follow. :monkey2

If Jor-El is a huge seller for Hot Toys I wouldn't put it past them to approach the Reeve family. Maybe give a portion of the proceeds to the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation.

galactiboy
10-28-2007, 09:27 PM
That Jor-El is looking awesome... will probably have to get one. I'd love for this to translate into a Reeves Superman, but I think that's just a pipe dream :monkey2

wookster
10-29-2007, 02:57 AM
Links to official specs-

supes-

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26075

Daddy-

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26076

bwayne
10-29-2007, 03:46 AM
If Jor-El is a huge seller for Hot Toys I wouldn't put it past them to approach the Reeve family. Maybe give a portion of the proceeds to the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation.

Would they even have to? Since they are based outside of the US, I thought they could get away with unofficial likenesses kind of like that super expensive Indyaina Jones from a few years ago.

ragacin
10-29-2007, 05:31 AM
I am diggin the new Supes. I will probably keep my original Clark Kent as I like the suit and headsculpt better.

gdb
10-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Would they even have to? Since they are based outside of the US, I thought they could get away with unofficial likenesses kind of like that super expensive Indyaina Jones from a few years ago.

It's a good point but Hot Toys has grown a lot since back then and something tells me it's no longer how they want to do business. I think they're trying to make friends with Hollywood.

Grange Wallis
10-29-2007, 04:18 PM
I am diggin the new Supes. I will probably keep my original Clark Kent as I like the suit and headsculpt better.

I'm with you on this comment... I'll be selling my Superman & keep the original Clark Kent, two suits and heads are better than one! I just hope the neck joints are the same as the Original Clark Kent as the new one!

carbo-fation
10-29-2007, 05:18 PM
I am definitely getting both. The new Sup will serve as a Clark Kent though. I am perfectly happy with my old supes. Do you reckon, sideshow will be selling these? I don't want to purchase from Toys2 because shipping is a killer.

Rock83
10-29-2007, 05:20 PM
I don't want to purchase from Toys2 because shipping is a killer.

Thats because they only ship express mail,at least to me,im in Norway.

Rock83
10-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Im looking forward to see what they can do with a third Brandon head sculpt,they have made progress,and im positive that we will see a Superman in spacesuit next.

Look what they managed to do with the Rambo figures,from the very first figure and up to the latest one,they have reached their goal on getting Stallones likeness,in my view...so a third Brandon should be good.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5930/rambojacketakf2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The Boot
10-29-2007, 05:32 PM
I don't want to purchase from Toys2 because shipping is a killer.

I've never ordered from Toys2 before, just how killer are those shipping fees?

Ball park, naturally. I realize that different zones bring different rates, but what are we talking about here (for a typical U.S. customer)? 30 bucks a pop? 20?

UTtoyfan
10-29-2007, 05:39 PM
I've never ordered from Toys2 before, just how killer are those shipping fees?

Ball park, naturally. I realize that different zones bring different rates, but what are we talking about here (for a typical U.S. customer)? 30 bucks a pop? 20?
Mine came out to about $21 for shipping.

Grange Wallis
10-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Shipping is the same for me as I'm in Austalia and am used to those prices!

Mr. Fusion
10-30-2007, 11:12 PM

Especially since the Jor-El figure says Superman Returns. Bummer. But at least the figure looks awesome.

gdb
10-30-2007, 11:49 PM
It occured to me that Clark Kent came out about this time last year. And I remember there being a second run of Routh Superman Returns from Hot Toys around that time too, though I can't find detailed comfirmation so maybe I got that wrong. Either way, I wonder if releasing a Superman figure or two is going to be an annual event for Hot Toys.

2009 will surely see a Justice League Superman and 2010 will probably have a Man of Steel Routh Superman (maybe 2011). I bet we'll see more rereleases and more characters put out in the off years. Like spacesuit Superman and Judges robes Jor-El next Dec -- though judges robes Jor-El would cross the line from Superman Returns to just plain Superman. So maybe Lois Lane down the line, maybe Lex. And maybe, just maybe, a Chris Reeve Superman at one point. (insert fingers-crossed emoticon here)

galactiboy
10-31-2007, 12:06 AM
I don't like the new headsculpt as much as the original. I love the extra detail of it and how realistic it is... however I think the original Supes looks more like Routh, especially after a repaint. I'll be keeping the original.

Grange Wallis
10-31-2007, 02:15 AM
I don't like the new headsculpt as much as the original. I love the extra detail of it and how realistic it is... however I think the original Supes looks more like Routh, especially after a repaint. I'll be keeping the original.

Galactiboy, you have one of the best, most diverse collections here... My point being you have a great eye for collecting and the what akes a good collectible. So I can't believe you can think the original is even on par with this one... I respect your opinion, just surprised... I have the original and the Clark Kent and I can honestly say this one beats it the original on all fronts... Sculpt, likeness (imo, especially) & especially the tailoring of the suit... Love the diamond textile, which brings out the definition of the body more, the improved trunks and hopefully, I highly doubt though, they may have corrected the fact that on boot is bigger than the other!

Each to his own, but this one is truely superior to the original hands down!:lol

Grange Wallis
10-31-2007, 04:24 AM
Order Place... Relaxed and happy with new figures on order!

Gatack
10-31-2007, 01:05 PM
Galactiboy, you have one of the best, most diverse collections here... My point being you have a great eye for collecting and the what akes a good collectible. So I can't believe you can think the original is even on par with this one... I respect your opinion, just surprised... I have the original and the Clark Kent and I can honestly say this one beats it the original on all fronts... Sculpt, likeness (imo, especially) & especially the tailoring of the suit... Love the diamond textile, which brings out the definition of the body more, the improved trunks and hopefully, I highly doubt though, they may have corrected the fact that on boot is bigger than the other!

Each to his own, but this one is truely superior to the original hands down!:lol

It looks great but I have yet to see the head that truly captures Brandon Routh. I've seen the first head look pretty good after a repaint job. All three heads are good (some better than others but not by much) but none have "nailed" the look.

Protozaius
10-31-2007, 05:18 PM
This just might be the first Hot Toys figure I'll buy! :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

No, I'm not counting the loose George Lucas head I bought on Ebay a few years back. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

DarkArtist81
10-31-2007, 07:54 PM
The new Supes head looks great, but really it's the same figure. The clothing is exactly the same, just a better paint job. I still like my repainted original just fine. :rock

Though, this is an excellent opportunity for those that missed the ship the first go round.

gdb
10-31-2007, 08:05 PM
They played with the clothes, too. From this...

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/803/htsupes5tz.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

to this...

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/4Superman2in1.jpg

I love the idea of adding a daimond pattern but my problem is the ones on the suit are like 1:1 with the diamonds on the costume...

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/332/supermancostume12ir.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I hope they find a compromise for the next iteration of Superman figures.

The Mike
10-31-2007, 08:12 PM
Got mine....I was worried. Can't wait for them to ship!

Grange Wallis
10-31-2007, 09:15 PM
Here a comparison of the two...
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o58/grangewallis/HotToysSupermanComparison.jpg
The main differences as I see them, far better head sculpt, diamond textile on suit, looks tighter as well as I can see more the figure's definition, The trunks are a more accurate cut - like breifs, not the speedo cut the first one had... I personally think it a far better offer than the first.

galactiboy
10-31-2007, 09:24 PM
Galactiboy, you have one of the best, most diverse collections here...

And I thank you for the compliment, I appreciate it...

So I can't believe you can think the original is even on par with this one...

Oh, and now you must die!!! :lol

I actually completely agree with a lot of what you are saying... but for me something about the new sculpt just doesn't look right. Its hard to pin-down, but he's almost too pretty (even though Brandon's a pretty-boy). Don't get me wrong the new sculpt quality and detailwise is mindblowing... but I prefer the simpler version.

I never got into the Kent figures so I'm not as worried about having that one.

galactiboy
10-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Hmmm... now looking at the pictures I'm starting to doubt myself. Damn it... must stay away from these threads :lol

I have the same problem with my Aoshima Endoskeleton, I love the figure. Especially that its Die-Cast, but the new HT version is so badass it makes choosing difficult :monkey2

Grange Wallis
10-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Oh, and now you must die!!! :lol

I just laught really loud at work... Everyone turned and looked at me... embrassing!:monkey3

galactiboy
10-31-2007, 09:28 PM
You crazy Aussies and being on a different time schedule :lol I'm just getting ready for bed.

Grange Wallis
10-31-2007, 09:42 PM
You crazy Aussies and being on a different time schedule :lol I'm just getting ready for bed.

I'm in the future baby!

galactiboy
10-31-2007, 09:49 PM
That might be it :lol And your toilets swirl in opposite directions... too freaky for me :monkey1

OSCORP
10-31-2007, 10:00 PM
Just 5 supermans left and 8 Jor-els at toys2 go get em guys if your on the fence.

Amir
10-31-2007, 10:30 PM
Are these limited in number made?

OSCORP
10-31-2007, 10:34 PM
Superman is, to what i dunno

OSCORP
11-01-2007, 03:26 PM
And now Superman is out of stock. 4 Jor-El's left.

Grange Wallis
11-01-2007, 03:44 PM
And now Superman is out of stock. 4 Jor-El's left.

WOOP!

Glad I've got mine ordered lock, shock & Barrell! Now if the pre-authorisation would drop of my debit card, I'll be laughing... How long does it take for that to come off? Any one know?

OSCORP
11-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Been a couple days for me it's still on there...Hopefully it comes off tomorrow.

metaphorge
11-02-2007, 05:46 PM
WOOP!

Glad I've got mine ordered lock, shock & Barrell! Now if the pre-authorisation would drop of my debit card, I'll be laughing... How long does it take for that to come off? Any one know?
This is why I specified payment by money order. Too much coming this month to tie up my cards with a pre-auth.

UTtoyfan
11-02-2007, 11:02 PM
This is why I specified payment by money order. Too much coming this month to tie up my cards with a pre-auth.

Same here! That money order option is great as a pre order. You just pay them when they are about to get it in stock.

Grange Wallis
11-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah, but I, unfortunately, am in Australia and the Money Order option is wise for me. Posting it and possibly missing the deadline and having the order cancelled etc. I'd rather not worry myself... Being in Australia means I'll just have to sweat this out... No real biggy...

Bardoon
11-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Nash! How many Superman 2-in-1's did you get!? :lol

nash
11-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Nash! How many Superman 2-in-1's did you get!? :lol

Got 3 of course! :lol:cool:

Eli26
11-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Why.... ..... lol

nash
11-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Why.... ..... lol

because that's how I roll. :lol

Bardoon
11-04-2007, 09:29 AM

I'm with you Nash! I got a few too! :chew

I did get only one Jor-El though! :o

Rock83
11-04-2007, 01:46 PM
sold out of toys2.net allready...

Jase
11-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Only 11 of the Supes/Clark, 12 Jor-El, and 33 Tak Batman left at BBTS.

edwint
11-04-2007, 06:11 PM

i was ready for u this time, nash!!!i got 3 as well!!!wahaha...no way u doin this toi us this time..no way!!!!heehee:D

Cocoboloboy
11-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Jeez loueez, you multi figure buyers are nuts.:D

Do you guys just throw all your MIB figs on the bed and roll around in them like Demi Moore in Indecent Proposal?

Bannister
11-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Jeez loueez, you multi figure buyers are nuts.:D

Do you guys just throw all your MIB figs on the bed and roll around in them like Demi Moore in Indecent Proposal?

No, they throw them on ebay and roll around in the money that they bring in.

JediFirefly
11-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Does BBTS pre authorize your card? Also how easy/hard is it to cancel an item? Thanks to anyone who answers.

TheObsoleteMan
11-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Does BBTS pre authorize your card? Also how easy/hard is it to cancel an item? Thanks to anyone who answers.

Canceling's a snap at BBTS, you do it right in the pre-order section of your account. You don't have to write them or anything, and no cancellation fees.

JediFirefly
11-04-2007, 09:00 PM
Canceling's a snap at BBTS, you do it right in the pre-order section of your account. You don't have to write them or anything, and no cancellation fees.

Thanks for the info. So what about pre authorizing your card? I really want to pre order this and takara bat but cant have that much money put on hold.

Jase
11-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the info. So what about pre authorizing your card? I really want to pre order this and takara bat but cant have that much money put on hold.

I ordered the Tak Bats and the HT Supes from BBTS....didn't see any preauth on my card.

JediFirefly
11-04-2007, 09:18 PM
I ordered the Tak Bats and the HT Supes from BBTS....didn't see any preauth on my card.

Thanks for the info. I emailed to double check because I really cant afford to have them hold my funds. Hopefully they get back to me tomorrow with the answer that I want and the figures are still available.

OSCORP
11-04-2007, 09:39 PM
They don't pre-auth

Bannister
11-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Toy Square has more available. 23 Jor-el and 22 Superman.

The Mike
11-05-2007, 04:37 PM
These can't come fast enough. I'm just hoping some eBay sellers follow the normal pattern of breaking these up into pieces there. I definitely need to snag an additional body and additional stand so I can display both.

Cocoboloboy
11-05-2007, 04:46 PM

I figured they would do that. Nothing creates a buying frenzy like the quantity number dropping.:monkey1 I suspect these are going to be produced in a little larger quantity than the original Supes and CK.

OSCORP
11-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Good news for those that missed.

carbo-fation
11-05-2007, 05:31 PM
I am still on the fence.....need to think this through.

DarkArtist81
11-05-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm actually beginning to get on that fence as well. I want to have this simply because it's a 2 for 1. I have an extra HT body, I can make a Clark and have an extra Supes. So that's pretty cool for me.

And I'm just curious to see the figure up close. Decisions decisions. :monkey2

EVILFACE
11-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Snooze and you lose!

gdb
11-05-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm actually beginning to get on that fence as well. I want to have this simply because it's a 2 for 1. I have an extra HT body, I can make a Clark and have an extra Supes. So that's pretty cool for me.

And I'm just curious to see the figure up close. Decisions decisions. :monkey2

Dude, you should do it so you can paint them up and sell them individually on eBay. Or at least sell one of your 2 Supes.

DarkArtist81
11-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Dude, you should do it so you can paint them up and sell them individually on eBay. Or at least sell one of your 2 Supes.

That's almost what I am thinking. Just sell my original repainted Supes and use that cash to pay Toys2 ahead of time. :rock

gdb
11-05-2007, 09:41 PM
That's almost what I am thinking. Just sell my original repainted Supes and use that cash to pay Toys2 ahead of time. :rock

You might get more if you wait to sell him, but wanting having money beforehand is understandable.

DarkArtist81
11-05-2007, 09:43 PM
You might get more if you wait to sell him, but wanting having money beforehand is understandable.

Good thing is, I've had offers for him before... so it might work out. At least it's repainted... so it has a slight edge over the competition. :lol

gdb
11-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Good thing is, I've had offers for him before... so it might work out. At least it's repainted... so it has a slight edge over the competition. :lol

That's an understatement! :rock2

King Darkness
11-06-2007, 09:21 AM

Canceled my order with BBTS last night!

With Toys2 I save about $20, and hopefully will get it sooner too:rock :rock :rock

OSCORP
11-08-2007, 09:50 PM
It's nice to have BBTS as a back up though

Jase
11-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Looks like BBTS has sold out of the Superman/Clark preorder.

OSCORP
11-16-2007, 05:41 PM
http://www.hottoys.com.hk/photo/32310_JorEl_2_3x4.jpg:cool:

The Mike
11-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Looking at Jor-El is great but when I saw this thread bumped I got excited that some were shipping....bittersweetness.

OSCORP
11-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Just a white boots pic:D

captain sack
11-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Just a white boots pic:D

looks like his "S" is changed too.

piccolodaimaoh
11-16-2007, 09:33 PM
http://www.hottoys.com.hk/photo/32310_JorEl_2_3x4.jpg:cool:

Looks like his shield has been changed to reflect the Superman Returns shield, which we all know is incorrect. Either way I can't wait for this figure to come out.

The Mike
11-16-2007, 09:37 PM
Incorrect to the standards that we the fans of Superman have but definitely more consistant the film which it represents. You'd imagine that Jor-El's shield would match Kal-El's even though it wasn't such in the original 70s film....I guarantee the shield change came from DC and WB themselves. Its really no matter I guarantee when this hits you'll see more accurate costuming and a black homemade variant within weeks of shipment.