What did I get myself into....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill-Jr

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi all! Just another newbie collector coming on board with a brief introduction.

I've been admiring many of these great collectable figures on SideShow and other sites for a few years but just could never bring myself to actually spend the kind of $$$ these figures cost.....until about a month ago. I took a chance and picked up an Elder Predator for a good price on Ebay just to see what it was like. After receiving the figure I was amazed at the detail! Since then it's been non-stop shopping! It's very addicting! I'm HOOKED!

After my first purchase I was doing some research on a couple of other AvP figures and I came across this site...and boy I'm glad I did. Almost every night since then I've been here reading through many subjects, looking at all of the great displays and collections of figures you guys have. This site is most Excellent...to say the least.

While I'm more of a lurker in most forums I certainly hope this will change by being a member here.

Thanks for listening in and bearing with another newbie...and for this GREAT forum!

Bill

I've been admiring many of these great collectable figures on SideShow and other sites for a few years but just could never bring myself to actually spend the kind of $$$ these figures cost.....until about a month ago.

After receiving the figure I was amazed at the detail! Since then it's been non-stop shopping! It's very addicting! I'm HOOKED!
Bill

I thought the same thing too. While I was looking at the Plan B dark crystal busts, I stumbled across the SideShow WETA LOTR busts, the price immediately scared me off. I never thought I would spend that sort of money on a single bust/statue, let alone several of them. But once received, they truly are incredible in detail. I also appreciate the fact that these are a limited release, making them more rare and more collectible with time.

G'day from Down Under...hope to see some pics. What's your main flavour?
1/6 only or are you a statue and bust man also :D

G'day from Down Under...hope to see some pics. What's your main flavour?
1/6 only or are you a statue and bust man also :D

I'm interested in primarily 1/6 scale but have recently picked up a couple of PF's as well. I love the detail of the PF's but I don't have a ton of display space to properly show them off. Working on that minor problem.... :D

I'd love to eventually get into busts...but unfortunately I don't have the real estate to display them at the moment. Maybe down the road.

Like some of the other collectors here I'm not concentrating on any specific area. SW, Predator, Aliens, Terminator, Marvel, etc. are all great. Any figs that look cool (to me) I add to my wish list. I generally won't buy figs that I consider low priority just to complete a collection.

:lol:lol:lol
Another addict, at least you are not into statues....yet.:D

Yeeeeaaapppp....I'm an addict and proud of it! ...and I'm into statues too! :D

Hey, zedex! Great customs work! I really love the TV series Adam West Batman and Burt Ward Robin! How did you make them? Did you cast the heads yourself? Did you stitch or create the outfits too? Let me know. I'd love to make a set of them of my own someday. Great work....keep it up! :D

Last edited:
Hey, zedex! Great customs work! I really love the TV series Adam West Batman and Burt Ward Robin! How did you make them? Did you cast the heads yourself? Did you stitch or create the outfits too? Let me know. I'd love to make a set of them of my own someday. Great work....keep it up! :D

G'day JediMike71

I wish I could take the credit for the great Batman and Robin customs, but my skill is not that good :eek:
These are actually production peices made by Wetsky studios that I picked up on Ebay . I think they were being sold through Art of Toys/ Heroes club a while back.

Being a Fan and growing up with the TV show and Movie, I jumped on the chance to grab them.

I am just glad that there are many great customisers out there that can provide quality work like these and many others :)

cheers

Back