Anyone popped the top off of Buffy yet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just got my waitlisted Buffy - but it will be awhile before I can experiment. Has anyone removed the hair yet? I'd like to get a skull circumfrance measurement so I know what size wig to order. If anyone has done that yet, let me know!

I just got my waitlisted Buffy - but it will be awhile before I can experiment. Has anyone removed the hair yet? I'd like to get a skull circumfrance measurement so I know what size wig to order. If anyone has done that yet, let me know!

You can order wigs for figures? :confused:

will you please post pics of you styling a blonde wig on your Buffy doll Dave?
:monkey5

Buffy didn't wear bangs much though. I remember that she had bangs for a few episodes during one of the seasons, but it didn't look too hot.

i think that hair would suit a season 7 buffy, since she had a fringe for a few episodes (Him and a few others) Though, i would try and go with a straight parted one.
theres other dolls wigs you can get, though i dont know the website.
But i would be curious to see this
Wayne

And eBay buyer tried popping the hair off of my v.1 Buffy, and when he couldn't get it all the way off without breaking it, he sent it back to me, claiming it broke in shipping. :emperor You can see the scratch on her face from where he pried at it. Wanker.

I don't think it's enough to get a circumference measurement off of it, but I thought I'd rant some more about it...

There are a ton of wigs on that site - I'm hoping that I can find one that looks like this...

waxbuffy.JPG

So is it just a bald head underneath or is there a hole or something that the hair plugs into. If it's just a smooth bald head someone should post bald Buffy pics.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Heres a website i found that might help you. they have a lot of styles, that look like they could work for buffy

https://www.monique.com/MoniqueGoldCollection.html

they even show you how to measure her head properly

https://www.monique.com/howto.html

I dont have a PF Buffy yet, but i measured the 12" Buffy, and the head size was approximately 4inches. SO, the PF Buffy head should, if im right, be around 6 inches. which is the smallest size they do, so it should work out nicely :D

EDIT:

Just found this one, which could do nicely for a season 2 Buffy

MT436t.jpg

https://secure.wavi.com/allaboutdolls/cgi-bin/shopper?key=MT436&preadd=action

Hope that helps

Wayne

Last edited:
Whew . . .when I first saw the title of this thread, I thought Dave was referring to Buffy's blouse when he spoke of "popping it off". :lol

OUCH those prices.

I can't believe how much some of y'all are willing to put into a figure to get it to perfection.

$50 for a sculpt or $50 for custom repaint of $20 for hair or $20 for boots or $20 to replace the Buck body or what have you.

In the end a $50 SSC figure can cost a $120-$150 total.

I don't deny the improvements are great. Just hard to imagine doing it myself.

OUCH those prices.

I can't believe how much some of y'all are willing to put into a figure to get it to perfection.

$50 for a sculpt or $50 for custom repaint of $20 for hair or $20 for boots or $20 to replace the Buck body or what have you.

In the end a $50 SSC figure can cost a $120-$150 total.

I don't deny the improvements are great. Just hard to imagine doing it myself.

I can understand that. I guess it depends what people are after.... a big collection of action figures... or actor accurate replicas... mini shrunken down versions of the full size things. That's what I aim for.... and having a few of those on a shelf is just wonderful to me :D

Whew . . .when I first saw the title of this thread, I thought Dave was referring to Buffy's blouse when he spoke of "popping it off". :lol

lol....thats what I thought it was....I would have popped the shirt before i went for the hair....anyone else with me???:rotfl

Back