Grond33's collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grond33

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, I'm still a newbie here. I've been wanting to take pictures of my collection for a long time now but I kept putting it off because I haven't had time to re arrange my shelves lately. But I finally decided to go for it even though some things are still quite a mess right now. My photography skills are not great and there are way too many reflective surfaces in here.

I'm coming up on my third anniversary of collecting. I started with the Gentle Giant Luke in Stromtrooper disguise bust which I bought from my neighbor. Since then I've been hooked.

Let me know what you think.

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

That's one of the nicest looking and nicest arranged collections I've ever seen.

I'm getting ready to build a display cabinet similar to the black one you have. Where did you get your wood framed display cabinets at? They look fantastic!

Thanks for the kind words.

The wood cabinets came from a variety of places. The Black one was from Shopko (used to be brown put I painted it) as well as the tall skinny one with the LOTR stuff in it. The Large wood one with the bulk of my LOTR items came from a local furniture store (RC Willey) and was a scratch and dent item. I got for a great price because the bottom mirror was broken. $40 to replace the mirror and I was in good shape.

Looks awesome - what are you using as risers under the GG Star Wars busts and where did you get them?

The risers are little craft containers I bought at Walmart. They are are a clear plastic case with a screw on lid. They are just the right size for the base of a GG bust. They are in the craft section at Walmart but last time I went to pick up some more at my local store they were all gone and the place they were located was filled by another product so they might not be carrying them anymore. It's been a while but I think they came in a four pack but only one lid per pack and they were under $2 a pack. They still work well without the lid on them.

Back