I hate the postal service (it's USCM Related)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lerath666

Super Freak
Reaction score
So a week ago I picked up this offa evilbay
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290158076923&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=019

Had to play tag with the post office to get it, and when I got it home last night ( the box was beaten a bit, and had a hole in it) I find that they are in fantastic shape, will all their parts, Except for Drake.
Drake's smartfun is broken in a few places, the mounting on the support arm is snapped, the breastplate has no way to attach to his harness, And some pieces of the breastplate ( the little hinge like thing on the upper left corner) Is missing completely. It's nothing i cant fix with some superglue, a pin vice, a few papre clips an some patience, but It's crap like this that makes me ONLY use UPS. Anyone else have trouble with their Local post office?

The package was insured, but i'm not sure if i should file a claim, or even how to do that. By the time i got the box open at home, the office was closed yesterday, and no post on sundays eithe. Ods are they'll just say i broke it to get money from them, knowing their worthless methods. Still, it's a freaking pain.

I'm usually fine with the Post Office, but I hate FedEx, they never seem to get **** right and my packages are always delayed by one dumb thing or another.

I filed a claim for a Statue with them and it took me calling everyday to get my $$ in 2 months. I say you keep what you got cause you got a great deal! most of those sale for $200 each if i was you i would sale the Drake and get a new one! he is still cheap for $90 but that just me!:chew

i was supposed to receive something from SS from FedEx on Saturday and I was home all day and guess what?...no delivery and no sticker saying they were there and noone was home. i had to look it up on the internet to see they they "attempted" to deliver. the guy probably wanted to get home to watch the football game because he didn't come by my house.

i was supposed to receive something from SS from FedEx on Saturday and I was home all day and guess what?...no delivery and no sticker saying they were there and noone was home. i had to look it up on the internet to see they they "attempted" to deliver. the guy probably wanted to get home to watch the football game because he didn't come by my house.

DUDE i hate when that **** happens!!! OMG AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

I had one the other day where it was out for delivery but never showed up. I looked online and it said the guy didn't even attempt to deliver it. I guess my Bly bust was just too much for him.:lol:lol:lol

Exactly what happed to me Friday... my package was supposed to be here on Thursday. Never showed up, then it finally showed up as out for delivery on Friday. I was home waiting and finally gave up and left. Came back at 9p and checked at it said I wasn't home for delivery at 8:49p!?! Although there of course was no door tag.

Finally arrived yesterday at 8p... ****ers!!!

No problmes with USPS or Fed Ex here ( knock on wood ), but UPS can blow me. They broke a Saruman WETA statue and it was insured and they "investigated" the matter and said I could piss off in not so many words. They refused the claim and I was just SOL. Screw UPS.

I haven't had any problems with the Post Office; though their high shipping rates are off putting nowadays.
Fed Ex isn't too bad. I've had more experience with them and for the most part they're reliable and my packages rarely arrive damaged. UPS is worse, I've had lots of drop off rescheduling, damaged boxes, and them not getting a signature when it's required. By far the worse is DHL.

I think it has everything to do with your location combined with where the packages are sent from determining the best shipper. Some services are better for certain areas then others.

I'd still try to file a claim, especially if things were packed securely enough to not insure damage. Then you know they were really doing something to the package to make stuff break.

Honestly, you're lucky this happened to Drake...he's still easy to find and cheap as well. If it was Hicks...well...lets just say that thank God it wasn't him.

I haven't had any problems with the Post Office; though their high shipping rates are off putting nowadays.
Fed Ex isn't too bad. I've had more experience with them and for the most part they're reliable and my packages rarely arrive damaged. UPS is worse, I've had lots of drop off rescheduling, damaged boxes, and them not getting a signature when it's required. By far the worse is DHL.

I think it has everything to do with your location combined with where the packages are sent from determining the best shipper. Some services are better for certain areas then others.

:lecture:lecture:lecture
It really all depends where you live.

Yeah, I guess it really is a crapshoot as to what service is gonna suck in your area. I think the issue with FedEx here is that our closest station is in Tulsa (about 1 hour away).

Although even when I've been closer to one I've still had more headaches from them. Just now its pretty much a given :monkey2

The worst part was they were all open and had clearly been "used.":monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

BAh, don't care that they're open:) I woulda opened them up and put them on my shelf anyways:) Having the stands would have been nice, but I can do without, I can allways get aftermarket ones :) and the boxes would have taken up too much room anyways :)

BAh, don't care that they're open:) I woulda opened them up and put them on my shelf anyways:) Having the stands would have been nice, but I can do without, I can allways get aftermarket ones :) and the boxes would have taken up too much room anyways :)

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
I think you clearly missed the point of my post and what I was responding to.

I had to pay $27.50 to ship Nash his Bacara bust. Why? Because they said the box was a little too big. Nash paid $13.00 to ship me mine. What a crock of ****! The box wasn't that big.

I had to pay $27.50 to ship Nash his Bacara bust. Why? Because they said the box was a little too big. Nash paid $13.00 to ship me mine. What a crock of ****! The box wasn't that big.

Should have shipped it UPS.:lol:lol:lol Their new dimensional weight charges are bull****.

John UPS ground would turn out to be cheaper than USPS Parcel post?

Back