Brotherhood of Arms - Your comments

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Doomhammer

For months I've been lurking at this line, but now that I've completely fallen victim to the 1/6 format it's getting to hard to ignore. I already have Grant and the Potomac Officer coming, but there's a few more that have caught my attention.
The interesting thing with this line is that certain figures look amazing but have a bad aura surrounding them. The most obvious example is Custer, best known in Europe for certain things that he should not have done. I'm not sure how Americans feel on this subject. Then there's Bedford Forrest, a great looking figure as well but... you know.
Then again I have the Napoleon Premium Format 'towerring' over my desk and the DiD NSDAP Figure next to my monitor, and I sure as hell don't feel like gloryfying those.

I'd like to know from You guys which figures You have and how You feel about them, in terms of quality but if You're willing to discuss it in terms of historic value as well.

Now's Your chance to educate one of the olden Yurpean people in the ACW :p

Hey Doom Eff you. How's that? does that do something for your formality? The 1/6th have gotten into your blood. Nothin wrong with that. Embrace it, dont hide behind that bull dust. I'm an Aussie. Don't care a zip about acceptability. The historic figues capture the times. The uniqueness, the formality of the times. They're exquisite. They rock. Get down and boogie, ya ol fart.

Huh? What's educashion?

Wake up creech, history is for old farts :speech
And you're right, it needn't be about acceptability. It's more about representing aspects of the past. But that doesn't mean that one feels comfortable with every figure coming out.
The more vividly it brings up feelings and opinions about that person, be it good or bad, the better a figure it is.
Yet my question remains, what's worth getting in the Brotherhood of arms series?

Just buy the figures that interest you, and research the ones you are not sure about to make a decision. Its one of the things that makes this hobby fun. I think Sideshow needs to take a break from personalities, and make some Union & Confederate Artilleryman and Sailors.

Doomhammer is asking which specific Brotherhood of Arms figures are worth getting based on the quality of the end product.
I don't own any so I can't comment, I did buy a Bayonets and Barbed Wire British Lewis Gunner that was on sale and was completely disappointed by the quality of the figure. Almost all the damn buckles broke within the first hour and was cursed by extremely lose joints. I'm not sure the same can be said about the Brotherhood figures.

I have at least one of everything Sideshow has put out on this series. It has been an era I have been hoping someone would produce. As for which figures to buy. My favorite boxed Union figure would be the 2nd Wisconsin, and for the Confederates I would pick ANV bugler, with the 1st Texas a close second. In the carded outfit sets hands down it has to be the 88th N.Y. infantry "Irish brigade". I also agree that Sideshow should start making more common soldiers. With the celebrity figures you only need one of each, but you need many foot soldiers to follow.

As for quality. IMO Sideshow has a style all there own. They may not be as super detailed as a Dragon or DID figure, but the headsculpts are incredible and the uniforms are well made. I hope that Sideshow will continue this line and the WWI for many years to come.

That must be an impressive collection, any pics of those?
Not too fond of the bugler myself but 2nd wisconsin and 1st texas look great.
What are your thoughts on the 100th penn and 29th alabama infantry? I really like the more ruggid facesculpts, and the overcoat is at least a nice addition.

I just started with the 12" figures, I have a feeling I am doomed. They are much more cost efficient and I find them to be quite enjoyable.

From the particular line you are mentioning, I have the Lincoln (and the Washington on order); I love what he stood for, and the figure is very nicely done. I can understand your hesitancy in wanting to get a less than noble figure, but I think it depends on how you display it, you can recreate a less than noble portion of history in a honest matter. Just my 2 cents. :speech

I have every character in the BOA line including two stone wall displays. The only thing I'm missing is the federal 6 pound field gun. I wish that Lincoln was at least 14" to show his height difference. I wish that they would make some color guards for this line. I can't wait for the Washington figure either.

How about Jefferson Davis? It would make it fair and ballanced. I think Union and Confederate seamen would be great too! I believe color bearers for both sides is a good idea,and maybe 54th Mass. Infant.

THANKS,
Brent:ent

I agree about the Jefferson Davis. This would be a very unique character for SS. I don't know if any other company has ever released a Jefferson Davis? I really wish SS would also make at least a standard color bearer for each side. Does anyone have the federal 6 pounder? How is it?

Federal 6 pounder

I purchasaed the 6 pounder from SideShow when it first became available. It is extremely detailed. Some one did their homework. I was a re-enactor with the 2nd, Maryland Inf.,Co C, CSA. It is right on from what I know about Civil War Artillary. If you get a chance to buy one, I beleive you won't be sorry.

:bliss Brent:bliss

Re: Federal 6 pounder

Thanks Musketball,
I can't seem to find one anywhere. It seems as though no one is willing to part with theirs. Might you know of any place that might still be selling this?

federal 6 pounder

Stickman. The only place I have seen the cannon is on ebay, and that is rare! I wish I could find a few more to make up my battery. By the way I forgot about the 100th Penn. and 29th Alabama. I guess the only problem with the Pennsylvania and Alabama figure is there weren't enough to go around. Unlike the others that you can build squads with.

Re: federal 6 pounder

Stickman I found the cannon listed on the "waiting" list on the SideShow website. It may be worth your while to add your name just in case they get a few more in. I'll keep an eye out for one.
Brent

Re: federal 6 pounder

Thank you so very much. I have put my name on the waiting list!

"The most obvious example is Custer, best known in Europe for certain things that he should not have done. "

What could these be? Advancing without proper field intelligence?

Then there's Bedford Forrest, a great looking figure as well but... you know.

We do? We know that he was found innocent by an inquiry led by a former enemy...

"Then again I have the Napoleon Premium Format 'towerring' over my desk and the DiD NSDAP Figure next to my monitor, and I sure as hell don't feel like gloryfying those."

Uh, ok. :lol

I can think of several foreign leaders (mostly European, including Napoleon) who did "certain things that he should not have done".

So what is the purpose of this thread??

:mwaha

For me, I am on the fence about certain personalities. The main one is Mary Walker(Miller).

On one hand she was the first civilian and woman recipient of the CMH.

On the other hand she was kind of a condescending misanthrope (sufferagette type).

Militarily she earned her place, so on that account she deserves recognition.

Back