10 minutes of new Batman movie - watch while U can

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this the ten shown during Smallville last? Shows a lot of good stuff....

Very interesting.

This movie is next on my list.

I haven't looked at it, but if it is the Smallville extended trailer - go watch. That was great and if I hadn't already been convinced about the film that did it for me.

Hmmmm......its no Burton flick, but it does look pretty good now that I've seen this footage.

its no Burton flick
Nope, doesn't seem to be even close to what Burton did. This one looks to have an interesting story and developed characters...

It looks ok....nothing special though.

It needs a good score (theme) like Burton's Batman film had.

I am a huge fan of Batman and Returns so there is no way this one can live up to those two, at least for me.
I loved the Keaton/Elfman/Burton team.

This one will EASILY be better than Schumacher's films though. :)

oh great, another Batman in a rubber suit movie. How's a world expert martial artist and gymnast supposed to move and and fight when he can't even turn his head. They should've went with the traditional black and grey costume. It worked for Spider-man, I'm sure it would work for the Bat

This film keeps looking better and better.

There's no way Chris Bale would have looked convincing in a cotton suit. He's too skinny and trying to pad him up would have looked ridiculous.

batman

they could've used the muscle suit under the cotton suit like spider-man. Something more like the Batman Dead End suit

Re: batman

I imagine I'll wind up preferring Burtons flicks, but this looks to be more appealing than 3 & 4 were.

Movies usually try to make things more "real world" than they are in the comics. Spider-man has superpowers, he doesn't need kevlar. But Batman is just a man.

This one looks to have an interesting story and developed characters...

I prefer Burton's visual style above anything. Maybe the characters were just an inch deep, but on the other hand, we know plenty of info about our superhero's. And you gotta admit that Jack did a hell of a Joker....

I liked the 2 Burton pics and the performances in both. But Burton tends to favor visuals over a story. In Returns I was really interested in the Catwoman/Batman story but Burton wanted to focus on the Penguin kidnapping or blowing up the kids of Gotham.

Begins, despite still having 2 villains, seems to have more a story. But I'll withhold judgement until I see it, but I am very hopeful.

i've been excited about this one ever since i heard that bale was going to be involved -- did anyone else see equilibrium? bale was a great choice as wayne imho -- i liked keaton, but he had a touch of quirkiness, that, while cool, seemed somewhat misplaced -- bale, tho' does intensity in an understated, yet powerful way --- having said that, hopefully the script gives everyone involved something to work with :bat

I haven't watched the 10 min. clip yet, as I'm trying to go into this film knowing very little. I will go on record as saying that Christopher Nolan is one of my favorite young directors working today.

Memento was nearly perfect, and Insomnia was very good. I always hate it when Hollywood remakes excellent foreign films into "star driven" blockbuster vehicles, but Insomnia was still good (I need to pick up the Criterion DVD of the Skarsgard version sometime). Hell, even Following is good for what it is.

That being said, I have high hopes for Batman Begins. I think that Nolan is a much better director than Burton, and I have high expectations for this film. My uncle has worked on several Burton films, including Big Fish, so I've heard many strange stories of the man. I hope that Nolen can live up to the first two Batmans.

Yeah I don't think this movie will do too good. I mean, what's next? That gay cowboy from Brokeback Mountain as The Joker!? LOLERZ!!1!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back