Hot Toys/ Medicom Buffy/Angel?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Medicom/ Hot Toys Buffy/Angel- Would you buy it?

• Total voters

Kain's Ancient Blade

Super Freak
Reaction score
Will it ever happen? I really need my fix, and I don't mind paying a little extra to get it. How about you guys? Do you think it could happen? If so, would you shell out the extra cash to get it?

"Vae Victus"

Sadly no, I don't think it's feasible.

Buffy has been off air for too long now, and one by one manufactures are dropping their licenses.

I still think they're a market out there if the product is good quality, but many others don't seem to think so.

I know these two, especially HT would knock it out of the park, but its really unlikely.

I think SSC could easily resurrect it, as long as its not disregarded like it was before.
The "1/6 Priority thread" has pointed out that the only 1/6 SSC is doing is Star Wars, LOTR and the Dead. Maybe once this collaboration with Hot Toys gets in full swing they'll revisit it and actually advertise it. Put a page in Darkhorse comics, buy a spot on the BBC when Ripper airs. I can't imagine the number of Buffy/Angel fans that DON'T know Sideshow toys exists.

Won't happen, but HT Buffy/Angel figures would be killer. As sueworld said, the shows have been off the air for a while now, and the fanbase is shrinking by the minute (not that the Angel series ever had a huge fanbase to begin with). I don't think we'll see any new figures unless Buffy nostalgia kicks in say 10 years or so from now, but who wants to wait that long?

If HT were to make them, I'd have to choose between them and the SSC ones I have now. I wouldn't want to have both....and since I have several of SSC's and HT is more expensive...I'm going to have to say I'd pass on them altogether.

Since Buffy's already been done (with many characters made), I'd prefer it if HT stuck to liscenses that haven't been done or had very little done with them.

I know these two, especially HT would knock it out of the park, but its really unlikely.

Actually these figures don't play to the either Medi's or HT's strengths. HT is great with weapons and more detailed type figures. Medi is better with comic-book type stuff not dependent on likenesses.

Neither is well suited to just human being figures in regular clothes. It's not something they'd go after and it's not something they'd do well.

Hot Toys are getting on the ball, you have to admit. Them Prison Break figures are pretty damn good looking.

Actually these figures don't play to the either Medi's or HT's strengths. HT is great with weapons and more detailed type figures. Medi is better with comic-book type stuff not dependent on likenesses.

Neither is well suited to just human being figures in regular clothes. It's not something they'd go after and it's not something they'd do well.

I'm not to sure about that. I mean, like creecher said those prison break figures kick ass. And what about the Pirates, Rambo Rocky, Bruce lee,Superman, likeness. I think Hot toys could handle the liknesses.

I'd love to see either company, or both, tackle at least Buffy, Willow, Faith, Spike, and Angel. Or at least just Buffy. Buffy is my favorite TV show so I'd totally be in for these.

I'm not to sure about that. I mean, like creecher said those prison break figures kick ass. And what about the Pirates, Rambo Rocky, Bruce lee,Superman, likeness. I think Hot toys could handle the liknesses.

Not only the likenesses, but their tailoring is top notch. I'd love to see a Spike with HT tailored clothing.

I would kill for a 5 o'clock shadow, gun shooting Wesley from Hot Toys. I also think they could do a killer uber vamp, not to mention Caleb.

Also, in regards to the series dying, didn't the season 8 comic series do phenominal sales? I know there are still people out there who will support a 1/6 scale line. Like my friends at the Making Strides against Breast Cancer Say: " Hope Starts with Me".

This is my point. The Buffy season 8 sold out very quickly and I wonder how many people who bought the comic know that Buffy figures from Sideshow exist?

Well, the thing about the Buffy fanbase is that it continues to grow...not shrink. It will only gain momentum over time I think. Figure companies will realize that eventually I think. :D

Wouldn't it be great if Eliza Dushku would start liking the idea of a steady paycheck and launch a Faith series, traveling cross country battling vamps and demons....

No. If Buffy has lackluster sales at $50/figure, imagine what it would be at $90-120/figure. :google

But maybe Josh is right. The fan base is growing and someday in the future interest in 1:6 BTVS will resurrect.

No. If Buffy has lackluster sales at $50/figure, imagine what it would be at $90-120/figure. :google

But maybe Josh is right. The fan base is growing and someday in the future interest in 1:6 BTVS will resurrect.

Do you think lacluster sales could be due to poor sculpting? I mean come on, Faith, Willow. Giles, Xander, Darla, were so so. I think with proper sculpting and limited release, the series could to very well.

Selling out a comic book isn't the same as having millions of tv viewers with Buffy fresh on the brain. If the fanbase really were growing, companies would be rushing to get new product out, not cancelling it.

I would kill for a 5 o'clock shadow, gun shooting Wesley from Hot Toys.
Wes is my favorite character, so that would be a dream come true for me. Knowing Wes was the next one up in the Angel line before Sideshow canceled it still breaks my heart. :monkey2

Nah, the Buffy fanbase is shrinking. More and more communities and websites are shutting their doors or changing to multifandom themes.

I do agree though that shoddy likenesses didn't help matters, and that if a really good set of characters were produced, with superb likenesses, I think that they would sell quite well to a limited audience.

I do agree though that shoddy likenesses didn't help matters, and that if a really good set of characters were produced, with superb likenesses, I think that they would sell quite well to a limited audience.

I think SSC did a good job with likenesses for the most part, but when they did screw up, they did it royally. Willow, Faith and Darla weren't just bad, they were FUBAR. The fact that they didn't follow up with better versions of Willow and Faith I think turned off a bunch of collectors. Waiting years to produce a Giles was just the final nail in the coffin. The fact that he's still available on SSC's site shows it was too little too late.

As for limited runs, I think they'd sell too. HT does stuff in fairly small runs which is one of the reasons I think they'd be perfect.

Back