Avatar The Last Air Bender!!!!!! Book 3 Trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know there's a lot of fans but man this show has always been a watered down Naruto clone to me. So much that I can't see how one person can be a fan of both and not notice..

I know there's a lot of fans but man this show has always been a watered down Naruto clone to me. So much that I can't see how one person can be a fan of both and not notice..

I love both of these shows. I love them enough to see past the obvious similarities between Avatar and Naruto to appreciate the unique qualities of both.

As a huge fan of the Dragonball Universe, I have to accept the similarites sometimes or else I wouldn't be able to enjoy alot of shows, let alone the adventures of Aang and Uzumaki Naruto.

Nothing is 100% original anymore, but that doesn't make them bad. In my opinion there is nothing watered down about Avatar, it is a very rich and entertaining show. The creators did their homework; you can see the differences in the fighting styles amoung other things between the 4 Nations.

If you haven't seen this show and you like quality animation and a continuing story check out Avatar: The Last Airbender. You won't be disappointed.

whoa....i heard quite a bit of avatar from my friends and family...but....dayammmmmm....that looks kickass!

is the animation just as good in the earlier seasons?

I love both of these shows. I love them enough to see past the obvious similarities between Avatar and Naruto to appreciate the unique qualities of both.

As a huge fan of the Dragonball Universe, I have to accept the similarites sometimes or else I wouldn't be able to enjoy alot of shows, let alone the adventures of Aang and Uzumaki Naruto.

Nothing is 100% original anymore, but that doesn't make them bad. In my opinion there is nothing watered down about Avatar, it is a very rich and entertaining show. The creators did their homework; you can see the differences in the fighting styles amoung other things between the 4 Nations.

If you haven't seen this show and you like quality animation and a continuing story check out Avatar: The Last Airbender. You won't be disappointed.

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock Go Piccolo!!!!!

I've already seen quite a bit of it and still think it's a wannabe Naruto. I also Think Naruto is a million times better. Better characters, Better moments, Better fights and most of all the messages come off way stronger in Naruto. It can't be helped however as Avatar is a lot more juvenile than Naruto. which is why I call watered down.

It's one thing to have similarities but c'mon you have to admit that the guys who made Avatar took a little too much from Naruto?? The way the world is set up, the philosophies (altho watered down) and the overall feel they're going for is a bit too obvious to me. Sure there is nothing truly original anymore but there is still such thing as something obviously trying to bank on something and that's what I see in Avatar. There is a thin line between homage / inspiration and copy / ripoff my friend. I actually have met the creators of avatar and altho I respect them for their enthusiasm I do think the simliarites are a little too close.

I've already seen quite a bit of it and still think it's a wannabe Naruto. I also Think Naruto is a million times better. Better characters, Better moments, Better fights and most of all the messages come off way stronger in Naruto. It can't be helped however as Avatar is a lot more juvenile than Naruto. which is why I call watered down.

It's one thing to have similarities but c'mon you have to admit that the guys who made Avatar took a little too much from Naruto?? The way the world is set up, the philosophies (altho watered down) and the overall feel they're going for is a bit too obvious to me. Sure there is nothing truly original anymore but there is still such thing as something obviously trying to bank on something and that's what I see in Avatar. There is a thin line between homage / inspiration and copy / ripoff my friend. I actually have met the creators of avatar and altho I respect them for their enthusiasm I do think the simliarites are a little too close.

I agree there are similarities but I do not think Avatar is a blatant rip off of Naruto. But it all depends on point of view and opinion.

Remember, Avatar is a kids show. A kids show on Nickelodeon, not Fox, not Adult Swim, not Toonami, not even Miguzi.

If you cannot enjoy Avatar because the similarities to Naruto are just too numerous then you have every right to think it is lacking.

In defense of Avatar, the creators state that they created Avatar 6 years before the first episode aired. That would pre-date Naruto's first appearance by at least a year if not more.
It is just as easy to say Naruto is a watered down version of Dragonball. Masashi Kishimoto has stated on several occasions that he is a big fan of Toriyama and Dragonball, but I do not want to start this kind of debate.

I love Dragonball, I love Naruto and I love Avatar, similarities and all. I don't know why but they do not bother me. Yes, the similarities are there but no, it does not prevent me from enjoying these shows.

I hope this response squashes any ill will in this discussion. I think Tendou and I could talk anime/cartoons till Osama Tezuka rises from the grave to battle Stan Lee in a game of Super Mario Strikers but I will stop while I am ahead.

I agree there are similarities but I do not think Avatar is a blatant rip off of Naruto. But it all depends on point of view and opinion.

Of course.

Remember, Avatar is a kids show. A kids show on Nickelodeon, not Fox, not Adult Swim, not Toonami, not even Miguzi.

Thanks for stating the obvious. This is why it's watered down after all.

In defense of Avatar, the creators state that they created Avatar 6 years before the first episode aired. That would pre-date Naruto's first appearance by at least a year if not more.

I already know that. However, the concept from the beginning to what it is now was probably quite different. like most things. Anyhow I don't think the similarities with Naruto are coincidence. Nor do I think that Naruto is inspired by Avatar in any way.

It is just as easy to say Naruto is a watered down version of Dragonball. Masashi Kishimoto has stated on several occasions that he is a big fan of Toriyama and Dragonball, but I do not want to start this kind of debate.

To be Honest, Aside from the similiar style in backgrounds and panel work and of course the typical shonen flavor, Naruto and DragonBall are actually very different. In fact Dragonball is much more lighthearted than Naruto. The stories, characters and messages in both series are quite different. While DragonBall can be pretty action intense and has some pretty great moments, I think Naruto is much more emotionally intense and deeper and the characters have a lot more depth. Naruto deals with many issues that DragonBall has never even touched and the themes in Naruto are much more dramatic and profound. As Naruto is more "hardcore" than Dragonball I will argue to the death that Naruto is not a watered down DragonBall.

Also Everyone who's currently a mangaka for SJ are Huge fans of DragonBall. I don't believe this determines if one's work is a watered down version of what they are fans of. In the end their work will speak for itself.

I love Dragonball, I love Naruto and I love Avatar, similarities and all. I don't know why but they do not bother me. Yes, the similarities are there but no, it does not prevent me from enjoying these shows.

That's great for you. Honestly, I watch way too many shows, read too many comics and study them way too much for me to really not tear something apart. Being a filmaker It's just in my nature and totally reflex. I don't mind if something is similar to something else in the same genre. To me it's all about execution. While I believe Avatar has it's good points, I simply Consider Naruto to be vastly superior in pratically every sense. Granted Naruto is marketed towards a Japanese audience so the depth of the fights and stories are much more adult, even if it's main demographic are young teens. Avatar on the other hand is made in the Overprotective US and on a kids network, for what it does it's great but in the end it's still a kid's show. Naruto is deeper, has deeper characters, more profound moments, has stronger themes and philosophies and is much more adult. To me there is simply no contest. Why watch Avatar when you could watch Naruto, which in my opinion is a much greater, more powerful experience. Granted tho if that is not your thing then I guess you wouldn't see much diff in Naruto and Avatar, which is also fine. Not everyone can be "deep" or even care to be. I for one am one of those sensible types, so the "feelings" in the series mean a lot to me.

I hope this response squashes any ill will in this discussion. I think Tendou and I could talk anime/cartoons till Osama Tezuka rises from the grave to battle Stan Lee in a game of Super Mario Strikers but I will stop while I am ahead.

There isn't any ill will but don't expect me to back off from a debate.

Last edited:
Man oh man did this go in the wrong direction.
I apologize for getting off topic.

Just saw the preview for Book 3 and it looks great. Looks like the animation is better and the characters have aged. New looks all around and I love that elemental action.

Is that Aang with hair!!??

Can't wait for the new episode on Friday.

Man oh man did this go in the wrong direction.
I apologize for getting off topic.

Just saw the preview for Book 3 and it looks great. Looks like the animation is better and the characters have aged. New looks all around and I love that elemental action.

Is that Aang with hair!!??

Can't wait for the new episode on Friday.

Me neither man!!!! Cant Wait!!!!

I hope this doesn't count as necro-posting but I know we have some fans of Avatar the Last Airbender so I am just here to say it is back.

Yes, Avatar is back, new episodes everyday this week on Nick.

Pass it around. The episode today was pretty good.

I hope this doesn't count as necro-posting but I know we have some fans of Avatar the Last Airbender so I am just here to say it is back.

Yes, Avatar is back, new episodes everyday this week on Nick.

Pass it around. The episode today was pretty good.

finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so long of a wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

Two hour movie on Saturday!!!

...and if you missed any episodes along the way, Nicktoons is having a marathon all this week of every episode!!! :rock :rock :rock

The Avatar and the Prince, together, as a team? This is going to one hell of a series finale on Saturday.
I am sorry that the show didn't last to see Aang as an adult, looking like a badass Gordon Liu, probably married to Katara, leader of the new tribe of Airbenders. At least, that is how I pictured it.

I am sorry to see it go.

Back