Is there hope for the future of the Buffiverse?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

From a recent Joss-erview:

"DW: Are you, yourself, completely done with any future incarnations of BUFFY or ANGEL?

WHEDON: No, I don’t think so. There’re a lot of characters in that universe that are a.) very exciting, b.) very beloved, c.) played by people I really like, who d.) would actually like to play those parts again. I do believe that David and Sarah have moved on from those parts, but I think the universe is very rich, and there’re still stories to be told. And I haven’t let go of it at all. I’ve definitely taken a breather. I was in there for eight years, and I didn’t exactly come up for air. :lol "

...umm, Spike maybe?

I really wish Eliza had accepted the offer to continue Faith, but she went on to Tru Calling.

From everything I've read, James Marsters is definitely up for doing Spike so I would bet on that if anything. I would love more.

Biography just aired a show all about Buffy last night - I believe it's on again tonight at 1 a.m. - called "Class of 1997." The narrator said that SMG may be interested in slaying more vampires in the future, :stake which would be great - I hope it's true - but they also had a lot of other info incorrect; the date of the Columbine massacre (4/20/1999, not 4/19/1999), and the reason SMG left the show in the first place, for example. (She wanted to pursue a movie career, not "put her marriage to FP Jr. ahead of her career." Dumbasses.

FP jr could have been on set with her. It's not like he has currently or can get a job without her anyway. :rollin

Actually FP, jr has a new series next season that has a lot of buzz. Now he's going to be working the TV schedule and never see her.

I have no idea who the interviewer is, or Ausiello, but here's some hope for all of us:

Question: That's horrible! How could you leave us Spike devotees hanging at the very end of your column like some Floridian chad!? You're supposed to be our television golden god, but you have disappointed. I demand Spike movie info, or I shall toss my golden Smurf icon into the trash. Don't think I won't. — Rachel

Ausiello: Uncle! OK, here's the deal. WB president David Janollari instantly recognized me as "the Spike guy" when we met up last week at the Frog's upfront bash, so that allowed me to dispense with the pleasantries and cut right to the chase. I asked him, point-blank: "Should Spike fans just abandon this fight? Because if there's no chance of a Spike movie happening, let me know now and I'll tell them to give up." Well, Janollari insisted a William the Bloody telepic was most definitely not a lost cause, adding that it remains a "project of interest" for him. When I asked what the frick the holdup was, he told me a bunch of stuff off the record before revealing on the record that Joss Whedon has yet to pick up the phone to discuss the matter with him. And as you no doubt recall, Whedon hinted in the March 23 AA that he was thisclose to putting some feelers out to Janollari about Spike. Long story short: I think the ball's in Joss' court, folks.

Yes, but death is never the end in the Buffyverse. Besides, he came back in Angel season 5.

A Spike series would be cool. He was my favorite character out of both shows.

I guess they could always have the potential slayers keep fighting the big bad and have a Charlie's Angels kind of show. :puke Just kidding.

A potentials series might be fun. And instead of having a single star that can turn into a diva - you kill off the potential (or I guess they aren't potential but actual slayers) every few episodes.

Good idea, Dave, but man, what a drepressing series that would make. If they were sure to show at least some Slayers that lived a long time, then maybe it wouldn't seem so hopeless.

Maybe they don't have to kill them off either, just jump from Slayer tale to Slayer tale without the dramatic death at the end, although I guess death and sacrifice is the Slayer legacy. :(

I'm bored with Spike so, I'd rather see a take on the Buffyverse from a fresh perspective.

I like the idea of a "Tales of the Slayer" type of anthology series, myself. Killing off each and every slayer would probably be a bit extreme but, an occasional death would keep things interesting and add to the element of uncertainty and suspense. Most viewers want to connect to characters in a TV series, so there would probably be a need for at least a couple of recurring characters.

RichardW may have been faciteous with his Charlie's Angels comment but, its basic concept of a patriarchal overseer training and leading his charges into battle is very much like the Watcher/Slayer relationship.

I realize SMG wouldn't be involved in such a series (unless her film career tanks) but I think it would be a natural evolution for Buffy to become a matriarch, an uber Watcher/Slayer in command of an elite group of Slayers, Witches and Warlocks. Maybe save that premise for the theatrical release and add Willow as Buffy's second in command.

A series tracing the lineage of the Slayers beginning with the Primitive might be an interesting way to go. Maybe split the the series into three- or five-episodes arcs, each devoted to a different slayer through history.

Or, as Giles reminds us at the end of "Chosen," there's another Hellmouth in Cleveland, albeit a smaller one.

prmtv.gif

You'd have continuing characters, just not the featured slayer. Andrew could be the main lead - maybe Giles and Xander too.

Elaborate on your concept for Andrew, Dave. He was fun on Buffy and, we got a glimpse of his evolution on Angel but, I'm not sold on him as a lead. And please, no Xander!

The more I think about it, the more I'm in the mood for a prequel to BtVS.

I'd love to see more backstory for Anyanka!

anyk_bnnr.jpg

I read somewhere that there was an idea being tossed around about a Ripper series - I still think that would be great. Backstory on Giles and Ethan, Anyanka, any of them would be welcome.

As far as Andrew goes, I'd love to see it but I don't think it would have enough of a following to last.

And here's a classic Andrew quote:

"Darth Rosenburg is about to come squash us into little Jawa-burgers and not one of you has the midichloriens to stop her!" :lol

I loved the evil trio. "Magic bone!" He he he. Heh.

Back