Your biggest SS disappointment???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

sanpedromanrique

I'm curious to know what has been to date your biggest disappointment on a SS figure, and why.
For me it was Mandy (the life of Brian) the clothing was cheap material and the sculpting was so poorly done...

It's technically not a figure, but I was pretty disappointed with my Gandalf the Grey. The sculpt weas great but it looked like such a mass-production figure with all the colors slightly off. Didnt expect that.

So many highs and lows. There have been more egregious offenses in sculpting and costuming and I'm sure they will be mentioned. But I really was disappointed in "Q's" briefcase. The first really important gadget in the Bond films and it was so poorly executed by SSC. And the poor quality seemed even more sad when compared to the high quality of similar items available from bbi and Dragon. As I said, not the worst thing ever, but a disappointment none the less.

pg buffy -- i was really looking forward to it -- the iconic image of the character & such -- & the expression was so blank & the rooted hair such a disappointment -- it is the 1 sideshow item i never display. . . :(

The demise of the Sideshow 8" Universal Monsters action-figure line...
The demise of the 24" Pozers line...
The demise of the Little Big Heads line...
:sob

I can't really say I was disappointed with any of the 12" Buffy line - I had read too many bad reviews of Faith and Willow to be disappointed when I got them - So I was actually impressed to see that they weren't really as bad as everyone said.

So my biggest disappointment has to be Elessar - I was so looking forward to this one since I gave my Strider away as a gift (aak!) - the eyes on mine are all funky, and the pose is kinda boring. *sigh* maybe Aragorn at the Black Gates will make up for it.

Like federal operator 99, I was sorry to see the various classic monster lines go.

With the announcement that SC would forgo mass-market distribution in favor of selling direct to boutique outlets and via their website, I was hopeful that we would see a more robust 12-inch line, with a greater depth and variety of characters aimed at stalwart monster fans.

It's been a disappointment that hasn't happened but, I'm still hopeful! :)

ygor_bnnr.jpg

Big Head syndrome on the females, not just the Buffy line but the Bond and other Movie lines also. :bang

Scott45
:gimli

I've got a few...
British Lewis Gunner- A Huge disappointment, when I got him all his joints were extremely lose, I didn't like the sculpt, the paint was all over the place and when I started to assemble his gear, the a couple main Belt buckles broke. :(

Gwyllm- once I got this one out of the box, his right leg wasn't moving at all, I put a little pressure on it to budge it and the whole leg broke off, when I undressed the figure I noticed the whole right leg hip joint was completely glued in place, there was a huge wad of dried glue at the joint. I waited about four months until I could find a replacement body. :(

Spinal Tap ST. Hubbins- Very Loose body and the hair was glued too high on the head. :(

Gremlin from 'Nightmare at 20,000 ft'.

Only because it is such a goofy looking figure. That's not Sideshows fault though. It is an exact replica, but it is goofy looking, because of its over padded puffy body.

Oh my God - the Gremlin from Twilight Zone is one of the best! I LOVE that figure!

One of the WORST LETDOWNS was the 12" Mummy. Ugh. I'm talking about the skin tight bandages, not the cool sculpt.

X-Files of course! No Lone Gunmen after all this time. No Dr. Bambi, Aliens, Jimmy Bond, Yves Adele Harlow, Samantha Mulder, Alien Bounty Hunter etc.

Bond Girls!

No new original bodies!

Sauron. It just didn't feel nice. Like plastic, light, not so massive.

Also a piece of his helmet was broken on arrival. :(

KISS Ace Frehley PF; Sideshow definitely cut corners on this one. The messed face paint was messed up , the necklace became part of the sculpt instead of a seperate piece, and it is about 99% polystone; how can that be considered "mixed media"?

The 12" Mummy figure. He looks awesome, great sculpt and colored bandages, but the articulation is hindered greatly. What good is a Mummy figure that can't cross his arms over his chest.

And for the opposite, Jabba turned out even better than I expected.

Back