Pictures of Premium Horror Figures requested

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Doomhammer

I've been waiting and waiting, is there no one who can post a oic of his newly acclaimed SSE Vampyre and Frankenstein and of the Phantom?
I'm begging to see some!

Sorry Doomhammer, my camera was at work over the weekend! I will take it home tonight and get some pictures since no one else has yet. Hold on a little longer... :ted

Yeah, Doomhammer. I am in your same shoes, I can't wait until I see pictures especially of the Silver Screen Vampyre and the Phantom. In fact, I am waiting to see photos or a review of the phantom to decide if I buy it or not...

Horror Figures requested

Please, I am anxiously waiting for the pics...................

Re: Horror Figures requested

Okay its in, prolly will have to wait a few more hours, as I am at work...

Re: Horror Figures requested

Took sneak peek a second ago....first thought the jacket which was brown of the color version is completely black......face is looking good, hands and feet are wrapped up, more to come...

Very nice, thanks azog.
I have to admit in full frontal there's something that seriously bothers me about the fact. Might very well be that the eyes are peering forward, not sure.
I do like the lack of bloody veins around the eyes better, it really disappointed me in the regular version.

Re: My PF Phantom

What's nice:

I was very pleasantly surprised to see the contrasting tie and jacket lapels, something that was on the PF LAM prototype but missing from the production figure. The tuxedo jacket and tails is lined in the same brown satin-like fabric.

The rest of the costume is very well-tailored and, I'm tempted to display him without the cape to show it off.

The sculpt and paint is very faithful to the proto pics, so no surprises, there. He has a nice, sickly pallor that's not evident in my photos.

What's not-so-nice:

The rassafrassin' cape. The cape has slits for his arms to fit through but, I lost patience trying to finesse it on, and I'm a very patient man. I ultimately just draped the cape over his shoulders. If anyone else has had success in getting the cape on the way it was made to fit, I'd love to know how you did it. It would have been a nice touch to line the cape with the same color fabric as the tie, lapels, and jacket lining but, no big whoop.

The arms are the padded, semi-poseable wire armatures but, they don't quite line up into the arms-folded position as seen on the prototype and the box art.

phntm_tryptc.jpg

phntm_tryptc2.jpg

He's looking fantastic, I bet the tailoring is amazing indeed. Sorry to hear the typical problems are present, it's always a @#%$ trying to get the arms in a certain position and having to accept they wont go there.

I haven't had time to finesse the figure, so I may still be able to get the arms in a better position. The main problem seems to be the way the hands are attached to the armature. There is a very very small radius of rotation and, I'm just too afraid of breaking the armature to twist it to better position the hands.

Doomhammer, pictures coming this weekend! I posted a short explanation in the SSE thread, but just wanted to apologize for not following through like I promised.

As for the Phantom... I was absolutely amazed! Fantastic figure! I think he may become my favorite 1/4 scale so far! I picked him up from Adam this past week... almost had number 75, but the goo put under the sewer grate to look like water apparently didn't dry and oozed out onto the base. We tried to wipe it off, but it is like glue! Don't try it if your's is like this! So I ended up with number 286, but it is not a big deal.

That's great, lcummins! Really looking forward to finally seeing the figures side-by-side!

Btw, have you managed to get the cape on the Phantom?

phntm_anmtn.gif

Pull the arms in a downward position,hold the cape upside down and slowly pull it up both arms at once and then finally flip it over the head.

...and thank you for the avatar.Boy am I going to look good the next time I post on the monster kid forum.:bat

Back