Sin City Hartigan Custom 12''....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figure=awesome, awesome awesome!!!!

Price= :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

I wish I could spend money like that on custom figures.:monkey2

Wow, that's nice! I love the idea of magnets in the shoes to make him stand too, brilliant.

This has to be one of my most favorite figures created by Gorae. It's easily the best Bruce Willis likeness I've ever seen at this scale. Too much for a figure? Not if you value excellence.

Nick

Last edited:
I think that is the understatement of the year :rotfl

I can't see why any custom would demand such a price... granted this is an awesome piece. But still, what precedent is set for such a price?
I'd never pay that much for a toy, 1:6 figure, or statue, but someone might. If it doesn't sell, the guy will have to lower his prices. It'll sell for as much as someone is willing to pay.
How much did those Vancei custom Anakin figures sell for?

It always does come down to what someone is willing to pay, I'm not sure what the retail price on the Anakins was but I remember someone on the boards got ripped-off for $1000 or more.

I think I've heard a price of $1500 before... which is just unreal to me.

It's still just a guy in a suit. There's a million of them. The magnets are a nice idea, if the ankles, knees and everything up, hold out. I guess that means I'm saying, 'it's not my brew.' Just another one of those ones that goes into the S'Hot Toys category.

FFS why dont they put a reasonable semi realistic figure in there ?

Gonna watch this to see who has more money than sense !

Unless this thing ****s gold bricks I cant see anyone bidding !

The question needs to be asked, Can 1/6th scale customs be valued and respected as a true art form? I think the whole issue here is really a matter of perspective.This figure is most definately not a toy,but rather a piece of this man's art.The time involved in making something of this magnitude has to be staggering including planning,sculpting,painting,tailoring,sewing and when the end result is this good you know that whoever is creating this is a artist and is really passionate about their work.I think a lot of people here are in the "mass produced" mind set and are not willing to accept a scratch built figure limited to a "one off" or 25 pieces as "art". IMHO 1200.00 is not too much for this figure because of the quality and time it took to make this.People pay a lot more than this for a sculpture,a vintage star wars toy,or paint thrown at a canvas, so I don't think this is any less deserving monetarily speaking.

Back