Sideshow SDCC exclusives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes another 7 headaches.>:

HOPEFULLY SS will do the right thing and let their newsletter subscribers who can't go to the SDCC order these exclusives. :rolleyes

I got absolutely nothing last year from the lottery. I know some members here lucked out but some didn't. After spending almost $10,000 on SS products I feel that the least they could do is offer me the chance to purchase these items. Other companies do it. Why not SS??:dunno

Yes I know it's early to start complaining about the exclusives but you have to start some time.

Seven Exclusives! :thud
I agree Bonehead, Sideshow better let us non-attendees order online, and not hope that we are lucky enough to win them in the lottery. :bang2

Other companies have done it and so should Sideshow! :tap

I would assume it'd be another part-lottery.

Didn't work for me last year as I missed out on Kroenen!

:(

I thought most people were able to get these - even dealers had Kroenen. Adam was selling him for pretty cheap I seem to remember.

But with 7 they will be able to piss off just about every type of collector. From Hellboy to LotR.

However I don't expect the outcry that there was last year, as I do believe that MOST people were ultimately able to get what they wanted.

I did miss out on Kroenen, but I got Vamp Angel, so what can I complain about?

I had to have Kroenen though, and ended up paying $135, then a ways down the piece Adam had some for like $50.

I learnt my lesson. This year I will be much more patient. This years it's HellBoy for me.

On this thread alone there are at least three people who wanted these figures and didn't get them through the lottery. So it didn't work perfectly. And Many of the scalpers managed to get some as this figure has been on Ebay often, at inflated prices. I know Sideshow doesn't want to piss off it's loyal customers so I think they will try and do something so that the fans and collectors manage to get theirs this time......I hope.

Well HB is one what do you think the other 6 are?

A Bond?
A X-File?
A Buffy?
A Modern Horror?
A Universal? (hopefully not, just make it a site exclusive!)
A LotR?

Con exclusive speculation?

Nova- Dressed in a mutant gown,I think for one brief second she was wearing one in BENEATH.Hey...it works for STAR WARS all the time.

Alien Tile-Something new and ultra limited from Lance?

Elektra in Black-I'm not sure if she ever dressed in black,but she looks good both in red and white,so why not?

Anikin (sp) Skywalker 1/4th scale- Dark side varient figure.

Ghost Rider-statue or premie on skull cycle.

Light Sabre prop.

Sadly,I don't predict much in the way of 12'' figures...but I sure hope that I'm wrong. :x

I'd guess there would be a Buffy exclusive in there somewhere - they did last year and its one of their best sellers. A PotA variant is likely since they have been going Hog-wild on them. I wouldn't think an X-files or Universal because they aren't getting enough attention to begin with.

I'd guess:
1 3 Horn HB :p
2 Buffy variant (vamp possibly)
3 LotR bust or statue
4 Modern Horror Variant (maybe a part 4 jason, 5?)
5 Prop replica exclusive (mini?)
6 Star Wars variant (Rebel Hero Luke with medal?)
7 Surprise from a new licence?

New at this...

I'm not really that familiar with the whole Con exclusive game, and I will not be partaking this year due to the fact that I am not going. But if the whole point is that the item is a Comic Con Exclusive, why would they open up the sales to people who are not participating in Comic Con before the Con even starts? I'm assuming from the posts that there was a "lottery" for the pieces that were not sold through before/during the Con, and that some people are unhappy that they were not picked out of thousands participating in the random lottery?

I guess my question is, what would you guys suggest that they do in order to keep it special for the Con with low edition sizes while at the same time giving everyone a chance at the remaining unsold pieces? To me, a lottery seems like the only fair way to distribute the remaining pieces - but maybe I'm just not understanding the concept completely...

Re: New at this...

Actually BTVSnut, you understand it completely. SSC tries to balance the "specialness" of it being a con exclusive with also trying to get the items into the hands of the fans that can't go.

:lol That's right. We just hate it because there is a possibility we might miss out.

The stress is enormous till you get the relief of winning the opportunity to purchase one. The disappointment if you dont, well, I don't want to think about it.

But if the whole point is that the item is a Comic Con Exclusive, why would they open up the sales to people who are not participating in Comic Con before the Con even starts?

They made one of their best 1/6 figures as a Comic Con exclusive last year.

SDCC

Lets not forget, there's that mysterious " Vision Lawgiver" Statue that was mentioned as "arriving in the next 30 days" in the Sideshow Newletter a few months back .

Re: SDCC

Lets not forget, there's that mysterious " Vision Lawgiver" Statue that was mentioned as "arriving in the next 30 days" in the Sideshow Newletter a few months back .

Excellent point. I bet we see that as one of the exclusives-not that I would buy it.

Back