PDA

View Full Version : DAVE! A suggestion regarding the Commerce Section.

El Roranous
09-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Dave, I was thinking that the 50 post requirement for the commerce section was rather low. Anyone can reach 50 in a day or so. I was thinking that a member that reaches 300 posts is a serious and dedicated member and has therefore earned the privilege to use the Commerce section. What do you think?:cool:

I also have noticed a considerable amount of spamming in order to get up to 50 posts. This new rule will make this effort much less effective and therefore reduce the number of times it's done.

tylerd
09-10-2007, 01:04 PM
300 posts or have a nazi wannabe in your sig? sorry king. :lol

Darklord Dave
09-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Or we just make like rpf and it has to be 50 posts and then approval.

El Roranous
09-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Or we just make like rpf and it has to be 50 posts and then approval.

Whatever you feel will work best I think. I have started a poll to see what the general consensus is. The majority seem to like the 300 post number but it really is up to you. Someone even mentioned a minimum time requirement in addition to the post requirement.

JSA
09-10-2007, 06:19 PM
The Josh can knock out 50 posts in under an hour! :lol :monkey3

JS ;) :grouphug

nash
09-11-2007, 10:05 AM
THe approval thing is a good thing to implement Dave, that way you could backread that member's posts and see if he/she is just spamming to get their post count up.

However the downside to it is it would add more work for you...

Bannister
09-11-2007, 10:15 AM
THe approval thing is a good thing to implement Dave, that way you could backread that member's posts and see if he/she is just spamming to get their post count up.

Who would ever spam to up their post count?:monkey3

TOE
09-11-2007, 10:38 AM

:lol

on the side note, I think the 300 post count is good + 6 months membership before selling something.

nash
09-11-2007, 10:43 AM

LOL! :lol:lol:lol

galactiboy
09-13-2007, 09:31 AM

Make Tom do it, he's the new fish mod... give him the grunt work :lol

But I do think approval might be a good thing.

tnaig001
02-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Hi guys,

I'm new to the board and have a request. hope it does not come across as too audacious. I understand that the 50 posts count is meant to prevent abuse of the board by members who have no intent to contribute to the forum and are just using the board as a sales pit.

However, can i request that while members are not allowed to create a buy or sell thread, they can at least reply to one? This can prevent problems where someone has bought something but the seller forgets to update their post and the status of the item still remains available.

I recently paid a member for some figures but am not able to update the thread to say item has been paid for. The seller has also not updated their thread to reflect that the items have been taken. There thus seems no way for the rest of the members to know the status of the item.

Thanks and sorry for the lengthy post.

James.

Darklord Dave
02-14-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm afraid the only way to do this is have the original poster edit the thread to say the item is sold.