Repainted Drusilla....in all her evil glory..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkArtist81

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, got Dru a few weeks ago and have slowly been painting her and fixing that damn fluffy coat collar... also painted the white tips on her fingernails. :rock

DSCN3397.jpg

DSCN3405.jpg

DSCN3399.jpg

DSCN3400.jpg

DSCN3402.jpg

DSCN3404.jpg

Well, got Dru a few weeks ago and have slowly been painting her and fixing that damn fluffy coat collar... also painted the white tips on her fingernails. :rock

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!:D

You have made her look very scary and the collar is much better.

Oh man, the positioning of the eyes gives the expression so much more life. That's the crazy ol' Dru I remember.

The collar is sooo much better. I'm gonna have to try that.

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!:D

You have made her look very scary and the collar is much better.

Thanks Colleen! I trimmed that collar down as far as the material would let me and I really think it helps this figure a LOT. And at least now the sculpt and the hair stands out a bit more, not making her look as if her hair is pulled back.

As for the look, I just had to recreate the scene below... loved her eyes in that scene... I did however give her just a tad too much eye makeup, but I like the way it looks anyway...:lol

TheSubjectWasDruVar4WebCopy.jpg

Wow!!
What can I say other than now I really want Dru. I think I'd like mine with that eyes looking up pose she did.
Oh well on the bright side, I'm almost out of Buffy figures to buy...

Thanks Anzik! Dru was a figure I knew I had to have once I had Spike and I really wanted to do her justice. So I am glad to know that I did. Always did love her character.

And I feel you on where I am with my Buffy collection, at least I am coming towards an end where I do not have a bunch I am hunting for! :lol

Oh lord, thats absolutely fantastic! I've been wanting to do that to the collar, but didn't have the guts to have a go!

The repaint has done wonders to the likeness and brings so much more life to her expression.

Beautiful work. :D

Thanks a lot Pix! You know me, if it involves blood.... I'm there. :lol

And Sue, I really appreciate the kind words. Your opinion means a lot to me, I know how big a fan you are. You really should tackle the collar as well, it isn't as hard as it would seem, just keep cutting it down and once you have it at a reasonable length, cut the rest to match. It's a pretty quick fix and works wonders with Dru. :duff

Thanks a lot guys! She certainly turned out much better than I could have imagined and she commands attention on the shelf. :rock

I love my Dru... :D

Wow Josh, another masterpiece! I really like the changes in Dru, gives the figure life and really brings out the character in the sculpt.....Man I feel an onslaught of Buffy figures coming your way from various forum members....

Hopefully SSC takes notice and breathes some life into the line in the form of at least Wesley.

Hopefully SSC takes notice and breathes some life into the line in the form of at least Wesley.

I had my Buffy/Angel stuff packed away until DA started posting his stuff. Now I've got 'em out, kitbashing and customizing (just finished trimming Dru's collar down :D) and enjoying them again. That combined with having read some of the season 8 comics has me jonesing for new figs again.

A season 8 comic based line would just hit the spot, and then maybe we could get that Angel line rolling again.

Thanks a lot everyone, glad to see that my repaints have inspired. :duff

I do wish that SSC would not abandon the line though, there are lots more that can be done and if they chose the right characters... would sell. But they just have to keep the QA level high to avoid mistakes like Willow, Faith... Hell even Giles paintjob was atrocious. If they were able to avoid those few things, the fans would buy just about any character imaginable. At least in the main groups.

But really SSC kept picking the wrong characters, not really even giving us the full Scooby group entirely.

But they just have to keep the QA level high to avoid mistakes like Willow, Faith... Hell even Giles paintjob was atrocious.

Do you think that Willow can be saved with a repaint at all, or is the twist from the mold just too extreme? She's by far my favorite character and it hurts for her figure to just be so... not Willow.

Back