Buffy figure roll call

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anzik

Super Freak
Reaction score
After months of crickets chirping in here there finally seems to be some interest in the line again. Not since Abstract Harmony's attempt at sculpting commissions has there been as much activity.
So who has what? Is there anyone with a complete collection including the elusive Werewolf Oz or Vampire Angel? Blue variant Darla or D'Hoffryn?

What is your favorite piece from the line?
Greatest regret? (ie: Not getting and exclusive like the scythe, or a character not being made)
Biggest disappointment?

I don't have a complete collection by any means. I'm lacking D'Hoffryn, Darla, and werewolf Oz.

My favorite figure must be human faced Spike, followed by Giles and the 'City of' Angel. My greatest disappointment must be Willow, followed by 'fright night' Faith.

I wish they hadn't canceled this line. I so wanted a Wesley! :confused:

I am missing:
D'Hoffryn
Darla
Drusilla
Vampire Angel
Werewolf Oz
The Master
Liam
The Gentlemen and Buffy set.
None of mine are exclusives
My favorites are a toss up between Grad Day Buffy and Human Spike, although I think the only real disappointments have been Willow and Faith.
I think we should try and revive the sculpting commission thread. We have several talented sculptors here including Andy B who was suggesting commissions not long ago.
Because we definitely need a Wesley.

And Gunn, Anya, Anyanka, Tara, Dawn, resculpted Willow, Fred, Illyria, Lindsay, Doyle...

Oh you've got a lot left to collect. That'll keep you busy for a while!

The only reason I even started collecting Sideshow figures was because of the Buffy line. Until then I wasn't interested in 1/6th scale stuff.

I still really only collect the Buffy line, although in the last year I've started buying up the their Planet of the Apes range as well.

It would be marvelous if we could commission a good Wesley head. The body and clothes would be really simple to reproduce as well.

I have
Grad Day Buffy
Prophecy Buffy with jacket
Vamp Buffy
Liam Angel
Becoming Angel
Oz
Willow
Vamp Willow
Drusilla
Darla in Blue
Der kinder stod
Master
Xander
D' hoffryn
Vamp Spike
City of Angels Angel
Giles

Just like some of the other commenter's, Buffy brought me to Sideshow.
I picked up Buffy and the Master and went from there.

Last edited:
I can realistically see me getting the Master, Liam, Dru, and Darla, but the vamp Angel, WW Oz and D'Hoffryn are so rare I seriously doubt I'll come across one I can afford.

I have them all - Buffy was what got me interested in Sideshow. I knew any company that would do Buffy, Spinal Tap and Monty Python 1/6 figures was a company I wanted to get to know.

from the Buffy line I only have, Grad Day Buffy, Human Spiker, The Master and Faith. Grad Day Buffy was the first Sideshow figure I ever saw at a local video store and was so impressed with the quality I knew I had to own it. She was the figure that got me into 1/6 collecting really.

I have all the figures except the exclusive varants like red dress darla and blue suit lorne. I like alot of them but my worst has to be Faith and second Willow (who i still like)

I just started with these figures, so my collection is pretty meager...

I have:
Human Spike
Grad Day Buffy
Xander
Drusilla
Vamp Buffy
Prophecy Girl Buffy
Angel

I still want a lot more, but will have to get it all slowly from here on out. :lol

My collection is fairly extensive. All I'm missing is either Darla, D'Hoffryn and the Hush Buffy. I don't know if I really want either the "D" man or the first Buffy. As for Darla I would like the blue version more, but at this point I'm not that choosey. But for the price she is going for, I'm not that hot to add her to my collection.

My top favorite Buffy figures are Spike, "City of" Angel and Liam (I really like those flashback scenes and this figure is WAY underrated.

Most of my figures are the exclusive versions... except for the Human Spike of course :rolleyes:. However, finding human hands for my Spike figure didn't pose much of a problem.

Regrets? Besides the Angel line ending before it really got started? Well, I wish they did more flashback figures. It's a shame that we didn't get a William the bloody figure to go with Liam... or a turn of the century Darla or Drusilla, for that matter.

There is one question that has been bothering me ever since the Buffy line ended. Why did Sideshow make the Subway Spike figure? If they were going to do a flashback Spike figure why not make him an origins figure that you could display with the Origins Angel? For what I can tell the Subway Spike isn't that popular with fans and you can get rather cheaply on the secondary market (I got the exclusive for nearly $20).

Well amongst Spike fans at least 'Punk Spike' is hugely popular, and I suppose Sideshow was trying to tap in on that market, but what they didn't count on was the fact most people remember how 'beautiful' Spike looked in that attire, but the figure was very...err, 'plain' to say the least.

Some have called it damn right ugly, me included, but as time's gone on I've grown used to it's 'charms' and now rather like the wee thing.

He may be cheap in the states, but in the UK he still cost about the same as he originally retailed for. Hush Buffy on the other hand can be picked up dirt cheap over here. I've bought three for only £6.00 each so far for eventual customizing.

Last edited:
OMG! That is cheap!

I might try and cast the Human Spike face and sculpt some poofy hair for him and make a William figure.

The real hard thing to create is Williams suit. It's quite defined and would have to be made from scratch.

Clothes always are the most awkward part of any figure to replicate, especially period pieces.

I'm still going to try and do a Boxer rebellion Spike though as it's a much simpler outfit. Just finding the time at the moment is the problem. :eek:

Got 'em all except D'Hoffrryn, Darla and the Third (Box smile) Gentleman.

Biggest regret - the sleeping line

Greatest thing - The Hush Buffy still rocks my world.

I had them all except for two of the gentleman and the first Buffy, but have slowly but surely been selling them. I sold the elusive werewolf Oz, but still have a Vamp Angel I may be persuded to part with....

I have:
Graduation Day Buffy
Vampire Buffy
Giles
Werewolf Oz
Vampire Spike
City of ... Angel
Cordelia

I'd have to say that Vampire Buffy is probably my favorite, MC Hammer pants notwithstanding. I'd kill for a good Willow; I can't bring myself to buy that abomination. I'll probably end up getting Vampire Willow and Xander at some point, but that's it.

At this point in time, if I didn't have Willow I would probably buy the figure just for the outfit and accessories. Sooner or later someone will do a Willow sculpt.
Binky has already done one that is very nice, not an exact match but definitely closer than the SSC version and if he ever puts any up for sale I would love to grab one. His version is more season 6 or 7 and the season 3 outfit wouldn't really match.

Buffy's what got me into Sideshow. Got Buffy and the 3 Gentlemen at the time then nothing happened until they released Angel and red coat Buffy.

Have:
Hush Buffy
Gentlemen x 3
Angel
Graduation Day Buffy
Human Spike (gloved hands)
Willow (exclusive)
Faith (exclusive)
Oz
Vampire Willow
Drusilla (exclusive, dead bird? come on!)
The Master(exclusive)
Prophesy Girl Buffy (exclusive)
Prophecy Girl Buffy regular
Vampire Buffy
Darla (red)
Xander (exclusive?)
Liam
Cordelia (exclusive)
City of... Angel
Lorne (yellow suit)
Giles

Buffy and Spike PF

Favourites: I must say Darla and Vampire Buffy because they look real good in the ligthing and the pose I've got them in. Didn't like them at first so I didn't get them from Sideshow, but got them later from E-bay. Would have liked the headstone with Vamp Buffy but chose and got the regular at 1/2 price with Liam.With the headstone it was double the price. Really wished I bought both Darlas from Sidehow. Of the ones I haven't got I don't really miss any of them. Not really found of Der Kindertot and D´Hoffryn misses an Anya. And the Spike and Angel vamp variations I can live without. As for exclusives the only good ones are The Scythe, Leatherjacket on Prophecy Girl and the Headstone

Back