My HT Endoskeleton review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yea, I'm running late tonight. That's what happens when you let yourself get behind!

But I'll make up for it with a cool figure to review tonight. I'm covering the Hot Toys 12" Terminator 2 Endoskeleton, one of the coolest feats of action figure engineering you'll ever see. Yea, he's expensive, but he's one of the few times that it's actually worth it. Oh, I still had a couple issues, but this guy is pretty amazing nonetheless. You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

Well as usual I'll be Richard Roeper to Michael's Roger Ebert and say this is THE 1:6 Figure of the Year. A five-star figure all the way.

Engineering-wise, yes. This is THE figure to beat.
Total accomplishment as a figure? Not totally for me. 90-95% there.
Bit Fragile, like Michael says, and not perfect paint, but not bad...and not happy with the hip articulation limits...
BUT...still...one hell of a figure!
Great review M, if a tad hard on it. :D

Well, like I said - had the body paint been more like the head (and actually matched, something I expect) - he'd have been an easy four star figure.

Yea, I'm running late tonight. That's what happens when you let yourself get behind!

But I'll make up for it with a cool figure to review tonight. I'm covering the Hot Toys 12" Terminator 2 Endoskeleton, one of the coolest feats of action figure engineering you'll ever see. Yea, he's expensive, but he's one of the few times that it's actually worth it. Oh, I still had a couple issues, but this guy is pretty amazing nonetheless. You can find all the reviews at the usual:

Michael
MWC

Cool review, but you might want to edit it a little.
The forearms articulate aswell (cut-joint), so it IS able to achieve the pose on the box.

When trying to turn the arm, I suggest not using the pistons as leverage.
Look closely.

Photo008.jpg

Photo009.jpg

Pix024.jpg

Last edited:
Well, hard for me to say because I only have the BD Endo and the paint apps are different and brilliantly done, weaponry too, but for me the BD Endo is simply a stunning piece and an engineering marvel unlike any I've seen before. That alone puts this fig in a class of its own above most 6th scale figs. Hard to beat. Sorry to hear you had paint app issues Mike.

And I had no problems posing him with the Mini Gun either, but you have to be very careful with the fingers, Careful.

DSC05320.jpg

DSC05322.jpg

DSC06812.jpg

Last edited:

Michael
MWC

Thanks Michael, iv'e been to your site plenty of times, good job man!

I'll give the forearms one more shot tomorrow, but I doubt mine will budge. I twisted pretty hard with no luck, so that's a different issue - but still an issue.

I'll give the forearms one more shot tomorrow, but I doubt mine will budge. I twisted pretty hard with no luck, so that's a different issue - but still an issue.

Just make sure you don't twist the pistons. ;)
(hold the biceps/triceps, then turn the sleeve that's right after the elbow joint with your other hand)

I'm curious about the paint issue being darker than Michael thought it would be. Is the "clean" version darker in this newer shipment then the ones that originally shipped back in May?

Interesting about the paint... the one thing I really don't like about the Aoshima is the overall paint on the clean version. Its metallic looking, but more like the silvery gray of a car than the chrome of an Endo.

But his 90% die-cast construction keeps me satisified without having to buy the Hot Toys version. Although I have to agree the HT does come out looking more refined... which could also be a function of using plastics.

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock
review_htendo_11.jpg

Great review Michael, I freakin love this figure, and as you all seem to be saying it's gonna take a lot of beating for fig of the year, sure it's fragile (though interestingly I haven't heard of any catastrophes.... YET!) I didn't have any issues with the paint, don't know if there's any difference between earlier and later releases or I might be a softer touch ?

Here's my old review for Michael, it has a link to some Aoshima comparison pics over ay Mediworld as well.

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_053007b.htm

My comp pics + cool photos by Edwint-

https://com5.runboard.com/bmedicom.f14.t11214|offset=50

It really is a stand out figure.... I just can't wait to see the PL now!

Great review Michael, I freakin love this figure, and as you all seem to be saying it's gonna take a lot of beating for fig of the year, sure it's fragile (though interestingly I haven't heard of any catastrophes.... YET!) I didn't have any issues with the paint, don't know if there's any difference between earlier and later releases or I might be a softer touch ?

My comp pics + cool photos by Edwint-

https://com5.runboard.com/bmedicom.f14.t11214|offset=50

It really is a stand out figure.... I just can't wait to see the PL now!

Those edwint pics are insane! Thanks Jeff!

Dammit dammit dammit!

I sometimes wish i'd never come to this site... it's caused my toy purchases to exponentionally rise... in cost and quantity, mainly in cost!

I had been ignoring this figure, mainly cause alot of pics showed the regular one being really bright and that seemed wierd to me... but michaels pics and edwints pics just blow me away and now i've ordered one from dark shadow... its making it hard to save up for a 360!

Ah well i can't wait till i get him... i just have no room for more 12" despite the fact i keep buying them...

Dammit dammit dammit!

I sometimes wish i'd never come to this site... it's caused my toy purchases to exponentionally rise... in cost and quantity, mainly in cost!

I had been ignoring this figure, mainly cause alot of pics showed the regular one being really bright and that seemed wierd to me... but michaels pics and edwints pics just blow me away and now i've ordered one from dark shadow... its making it hard to save up for a 360!

Ah well i can't wait till i get him... i just have no room for more 12" despite the fact i keep buying them...

In mid June I started collecting the Sideshow/Hot Toys stuff, then I started with 2 figures. It is now the first week of September and I have 20, also no more room in the ol' Detolf case either.

This collecting is nuts and very expensive. Discovering Sideshow is one thing, at least some items are in the $35-$50 range but you can't find much with Hot Toys for less than $100 a pop!

Still Hot Toys IMO is worth every damn cent!

That's a big selling point for this one. Its such a unique figure, original body, such awesome functions, articulation light up and accessories, really makes the 100 tag worth it. I mean i spent 150 on my HT supes and bats and really they are just 12" figs in cloth costumes like any other 1/6 figs but high quality, but this thing really shows a worthwhile value to its price tag.

Back