SS methods STINK!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

Wonderboy43

Give me a frickin' BREAK! An exclusive, one-time window of 3 minutes to MAYBE get your order in for an exclusive? If the page loads up right?

What if you have to, um, WORK during the day?!

You couldn't do this on a weekend? WTF!?!?!?!

LOOK HOW MANY OF THESE ARE ON EBAY ALREADY!!!

Great job on getting these figures to the fans >:

I wish someone else would get the license to do some of this stuff. What a joke. And before some of you SS brown-nosers come to their defense, like ALWAYS -- the fact is that MOST PEOPLE HAVE TO WORK DURING THE WEEKDAYS! There's no getting around that. THIS WAS A ALL AROUND!:puke

So I guess the waitlist didn't work for you?

Oh, that's right you have no idea if it did.

Whoever set this up at Sideshow is a MORON.

I wish Russell Crowe would throw a few phones their way.

HOW can you DEFEND an exclusive 3 minute order window?! They can take their "wait list" and stick it.

It's not a 3 minute order window. It's the number available that sets how quickly it sells out. They doubled the original allotted number for non-attendees too.

As you can see from a lot of the other threads, many people are quite happy with how it turned out and still more will be after the waitlists are filled.

Well......they really could have done this during the weekend when most people dont have to work. Although that prob counts for SideShow employees aswell.....

I'm not complaining though. Got what I wanted.

There are people here who also work through the weekend so any day that is picked will be complained about. There was no 3 minute window its when a item sells out plus the amount was doubled for non attendees.

Maybe its just me but when I knew something I wanted or happening on a work day I took the day off or a partial day off. Yea not everybody can do that I understand but it does increase your odds of getting what you want.

Sideshow did a great job this year with their exclusives, I cant complain at all.

Hey I missed out on all, except the one important one...muhahahahhaa... a weekend may have been good, but they may have very well driven up cost to pay SS employees overtime, or lack of employee may have cause more delays. I am sure SS has a method to their madness...at least the servers did not crash...

Web%20Cry%20Baby%20cu.gif

I disagree, this was so simple. Alls you had to do was READ the instructions. They gave us the exact times for all the items and the links. And they even had the link refresh every 10 seconds, which once you clicked on the link for an item, if the item was not up the page said' "this page automatically refreshes in 10 seconds", which is a no brainer, that the page will load the same exact time the site is updated with the product page. So those who were clicking on the link every "second" would of most likely had loading problems, its like fighting yourself.
The method was great, the day was great, and again they gave us everything, so how can you complain. Yes some people live overseas, but this is an American based company. And I just think if people would have read the directions right they shouldn't of had problems.

Was I lucky? NO I wasn't because I got everything I wanted without a problem, and the same goes for another member I talk to on a regular basis, no problems there. If it was such a problem neither of us would have gotten lucky five times. It was simple. It wasn't the luck of the draw like the lottery, it was let the page load and purchase your item.

How about some examples of other manufacturers methods and how they are better. I'm sure Sideshow would appreciate some suggestions and constructive critisism.

I didn't get what I wanted, but at least I knew right away. When Gentle Giant sold some CIII sandtrooper busts last week, it took people over an hour of hitting refresh or trying to add it to their cart before their allotment sold out. I was successful in getting one of those, so my hour paid off. Luke, the only exclusive I tried to get, only wasted a couple minutes of my time.

:p

love the Russell Crowe line lol rotfl. I agree, I tried loading the stupid page over and over and I never was able to get my exclusive. I would have been really mad if I had to take off work and this happened. ridiculous!

Re: :p

Why couldn't they look to see who bought from what product line (like Buffy, Star Wars) and extended the offer to them first. Like if you ordered some Buffy figures before, you get first crack at Oz since you're a true collector, not some schmoe who ONLY orders exclusives and resells them.

THAT is how you to be fair to the loyal fans who buy your product.

And they should have done this on the weekend or evening. 95% of people work a 9-5 job. :dunno

True WB, in an ideal world, but by the time the last customer would be contacted the item would be sold out as well, like it happened with the newsletter links in the past.
I prefer the lottery, but other than that this method is the fairest. Everyone knows when it's coming.
Granted it should have been a weekend.

Let's face it, these are exclusives which implies they're a pain to get hold of. Either you accept that this was the least frustrating way to get them or you reject the idea of an exclusive completely.

yeah, had to work and couldn't get an order in too. As I've stated I hate exclusives and think it's worthless.

First off 90% of people do not work 9-5.

There are what 20 different time zones. Do you really think 90 % of all the SS collecotrs work 9-5 in YOUR timezone. Let's face it, no matter what time they would of held this it would of ended up making someone mad.

I liked this years method. It was 1,000 times better than the lottery. My only gripe was that I wished SS would of informed us of which day these were going on sale a little earlier. Maybe a week earlier.

Keep in mind, SS didn't have to provide a non-attendee method of acquiring the exclusives. It would likely be much easier for them to simply sell all exclusives at SDCC and leave us to the eBay scalpers.

I am in no way trying to brownnose, I'm simply appreciative of all the ways that SS has tried to help us, the collector's, out. And no, I didn't get everything I tried for. I missed the Luke which was my most wanted piece, but I confidently put my name on the waitlist and hope it pans out.

Back