Question about the AvP Alien Warrior...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadCow

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just opened mine up and I was wondering if the inner jaw is supposed to lock open. The pics and instructions made it seem as so but mine springs back as soon as it's pushed forward. It doesn't lock at all...

I had the same thing happen with mine. What I did was use the slider. When the proboscis extends, grab it and pull it, till you feel it lock. I had to do it a few times and then the slider worked by itself.

I had the same thing happen with mine. What I did was use the slider. When the proboscis extends, grab it and pull it, till you feel it lock. I had to do it a few times and then the slider worked by itself.

Hmm, i'll have to give that a shot. Thanks! :cool:

Yeah you really have to pull the tongue all the way out until it looks into place. The strong spring and little tab doesn't help all that much when trying to extend it.

For whatever reason, even on the Aliens Warrior, you really have to push the lever forward beyond the point you'd expect before it locks in, but be VERY SLOW when doing this so as not to break anything, you'll feel it click into place when it reaches the locking point.

be careful with the elbow joints on the new Alien warriors. i just broke the right arm elbow joint. i was just trying to reposition the arm and it just fell off.
:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

There sure are a lot of ... "My Hot Toys broke" stories here. (mine included)
Owners be warned! :emperor

Did the ball joint just come out or did the ball joint itself actually break?

Picture1630.jpg

:monkey4:monkey4

Thanks for the tips guys, I tried it last night and it worked like a charm. Now that it's displayed out I think I would almost like it better a little open with the inner jaw still in. I'll play around with it this weekend...

OUCH! Was the AvP or Aliens?

Thanks for the tips guys, I tried it last night and it worked like a charm. Now that it's displayed out I think I would almost like it better a little open with the inner jaw still in. I'll play around with it this weekend...

OUCH! Was the AvP or Aliens?

aliens warrior
:monkey2

I'm starting to get the feeling that the Hot Toys Aliens Warrior is a piece of crap.
It's just not normal that so many people have breakage issues on a 110 dollars figure.
It's just inexcusable. That, coupled to the fact that HT's customer service has yet to answer any of my mails is not good.

I'm starting to get angry here.

Damn, what did HT do to change the figure so much from the AvP version? Mine seems really solid and I don't fear any breakage.

I don't know, but it is very disappointing.
And this is a pretty straight forward figure, I can only hope the PL will be built much sturdier and with better materials, otherwise it'll be a fiasco of gigantic proportions.

I don't know, but it is very disappointing.
And this is a pretty straight forward figure, I can only hope the PL will be built much sturdier and with better materials, otherwise it'll be a fiasco of gigantic proportions.

DON'T SAY THAT!

Now I'm worried! :(

Yeah, me too...

On a brighter note, I have finally got an answer from HT regarding the replacement part for my alien's knee (thanks to Jeff for pointing me in the right direction, I must've been writing to the wrong addy), so hopefully I will get a replacement.
It was a very nice mail, and very quick as well.

Also, on the OSW forums a fellow collector started a thread regarding QC and breakage problems on HT figures to bring it to the attention of his Hot Toys CS contact.
It might be worth posting any breakage problems with your HT figures there.

Yeah, me too...

On a brighter note, I have finally got an answer from HT regarding the replacement part for my alien's knee (thanks to Jeff for pointing me in the right direction, I must've been writing to the wrong addy), so hopefully I will get a replacement.
It was a very nice mail, and very quick as well.

Also, on the OSW forums a fellow collector started a thread regarding QC and breakage problems on HT figures to bring it to the attention of his Hot Toys CS contact.
It might be worth posting any breakage problems with your HT figures there.

good deal!! I was worried for you.

Back