Price Range For a Very Limited Bust?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much are you willing to pay for one of these busts?

• $40-$50

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • $50-$60

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • $60-$70

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • $70-$80

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • $80-$90

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • $90-$100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over $100

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Lior20

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Originally DST were supposed to release these two Buffy busts:

The Wish Buffy:

wishbustwk0.jpg

Season 7 Buffy:

season7bustaq3.jpg

If a retailer chose to make one of these busts exclusively for his store and in a very limited quantity; How much would you be willing to pay for it?

***Special Thanks to Kenobi from BtVSFigs Forum for sharing these images! :)

I'm a bust collector, but I got rid of all of my human busts because the likenesses were hit-or-miss (usually miss). Both of these busts are very cool, but I don't think I'd buy either one. It's a shame that the final products oftentimes bear only a passing resemblance to the prototypes.

What I really want is a bust of the Master. I can't believe that a bust of the Master was never made.

Seriously guys, while this is a hypothetical question I still need you to vote. One of retailer showed an interest in one of these but won't risk doing anything about it without knowing if there is an interest among the collectors as well.

So, few of these polls spread of the online communities in order to gather as much info as possible.

So please take a second to vote for either of these options.

If the paint aps don't make the sculpts suffer (which are amazing imo) and these are to be rare, I would pay quite a bit. Even in the 75-100 US range just as long as the ES is below 500.

So superior paint aps and low ES would make it worth paying more than 45 USD that the average Buffy DST bust goes for.

If the paint aps don't make the sculpts suffer (which are amazing imo) and these are to be rare, I would pay quite a bit. Even in the 75-100 US range just as long as the ES is below 500.

So superior paint aps and low ES would make it worth paying more than 45 USD that the average Buffy DST bust goes for.

Yep... what he said! :D

The likenesses look good, so I would most certainly be down for the pair. :rock

Since I am an European collector, I would have to deal with high shipping fees and VAT, so I'd say about $50 would be okay for me. Not much more, not for what Diamond Select busts end up looking like.

I'd be interested in the season 7 Buffy but the other is not something i really like. I'd pay alot of it's really rare as i have done this before

I would not buy these. They don't look that great to me and the production pieces would probably look worse.

Plus what the retailer probably already knows is that people are fickle. They say something like "sure I'd pay $100 for that!" and then when the time comes around to pony up the dough the customer will give some lame excuse why they can't. I say to this retailer- not worth the risk.

I want the Season 7 but something looks off about the Wish one......I'd only pay up to $60.

They don't look that great to me and the production pieces would probably look worse.

I think both busts look really good (though I'm getting tired of the tombstone base), but I agree with your second comment. The prototypes in this line almost always look good, but the final products often do not. And paint applications are only part of the problem. Oftentimes, the sculpts themselves are different on the final products. DST should release some popular demons such as Anyanka, vampire Angel, and the Master. If those sold well, DST could continue on with vampire Willow, vampire Xander, vampire Drusilla, vampire Darla, and vampire Buffy. Demons are hard to screw up because no one cares about minor inaccuracies.

P.S. I hope I'm not hi-jacking the thread. But I think people should know that the final products could differ significantly from these prototypes. This is DST we're talking about.

Last edited:
I said $60. But I really would want to see the final painted version. They're both very potentially cool But then I thought that when i first saw the becoming Buffy bust and we all saw how that turned out. ICK

I would be even happier if I could just buy castings of these two, sans paint. Probably would be a bit cheaper and I would be painting them anyway. :lol

Back