HotToys ALIENS problem - How is your experience with CORNERSTORE customer service?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todoelresto

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Few days ago I received my HotToy’s Alien Warrior from ALIENS, and also received a slap in the face with this figure. I’ll describe this with 4 simple steps.

1_ I received the box
2_ I went to my room (with a smile in my face :)) and proceeded to open the box
3_ Once the blister was out of the box, I see the amazing figure (bigger smile :D) and when I took the cover off…
4_...oh oh! The Alien’s leg was BROKEN! (of course there wasn’t a smile, just angry face :mad:)

Factory_broken1.jpg

Factory_broken4.jpg

Factory_broken2.jpg

I ordered this figure from AMAZINGTOYZ.com. I sent an e-mail to the customer service, but they ask me to communicate with CORNERSTORE.com :confused: Of course I sent the message but 3 days have passed and nothing happened. I’m still waiting for their response :(. I hope that they don’t make me wait so long. I’ll keep you informed about what will happen from now with these sellers.
By the way, how is your experience with CORNERSTORE customer service?

Give them another chance to replace it, they should do that without question. It is not your responsibility to contact third parties, it is theirs, they are the seller. Tell them you're shipping it back (with tracking), want a refund or replacement. If you're not happy with their response, call your credit card company and file a claim. Item damaged. Your bank should immediately credit your account until the matter is resolved.

What I'd do anyway... hope it helps.

Amazingtoys and Cornerstore comics merged.

It's not a big deal. Just contact Cornerstore and see what they say.

I've never had any problems with them.

I've had some issues with CSC customer service before. Not anything to do with returns, though. They couldn't get a SDCC pre-order for me, and they took two weeks to let me know. The pre-order image remained on their site, but it took several emails over two weeks to get a one sentence reponse.

I guess they get tons of email per day (I think comicstatues.com said they get something like 300 emails/day), so you might have to wait awhile.

However, before the merger Amazingtoyz.com customer service was great. The guy would call me up to requote me shipping even if it was only a $1 or $2 off. So I was sad when they merged, knowing I would not get that kind of customer service again. :monkey2 I took my business elsewhere, basically I pretty much order direct from the manufacturer now. No problems with returns if it is from the manufacturers.

I refuse to order from Cornerstore. I preordered a RAH Ghost Rider from them. I decided to cancel the order and eat the cost of the restocking fee. They replied that the order had been canceled, but they ended up shipping the order anyway. When I emailed to complain, the customer service rep was a total jerk. We went back and forth and I just kept the figure rather than deal with them anymore.

I know that some here have had many good experiences with Cornerstore, but I couldnot believe how they reacted to my complaints.

Good luck.

I ordered this figure from AMAZINGTOYZ.com. I sent an e-mail to the customer service, but they ask me to communicate with CORNERSTORE.com :confused: Of course I sent the message but 3 days have passed and nothing happened. I’m still waiting for their response :(. I hope that they don’t make me wait so long. I’ll keep you informed about what will happen from now with these sellers.
By the way, how is your experience with CORNERSTORE customer service?
Thomas at Cornerstore Comics is a great guy, I know him personally, give him some time and I'm sure he will resolve this for you. If you'd like I can call him tomorrow and make him aware of this. Just be patient and I'm sure you will get a replacement Alien.

Thomas at Cornerstore Comics is a great guy, I know him personally, give him some time and I'm sure he will resolve this for you. If you'd like I can call him tomorrow and make him aware of this. Just be patient and I'm sure you will get a replacement Alien.

Thanks a lot "The ill Jedi". I'll appreciate if you can tell Thomas
about that. I will keep waiting for his reply to my mail anyway.

I had a problem with the RAH Spawn figure I ordered from them, it was missing a piece from the factory. Sadly they were out of the figure by the time mine arrived, but they were very nice about it and offered a full refund and what-not.

Luckily I was able to find the replacement part on my one (thanks to Rabidwolverine) and it became a non-issue. But the CS experience was very positive.

I had the exact same breakage on my alien.
I decided to fix it, as shipping it all the way back to the US would be quite a hassle. I did however email Ht Toys to see if they could send me just a replacement part for the articulation, but neer got any response.
Too bad.

I've never had problems with CornerStore! They've had great customer service with the issues I dealt with.

-They forgot to pack a SOTA Akuma among a lot of stuff I bought from them one day. I contacted them and they promptly sent it.

-They refunded me about $11 bucks after I had selected a different shipping service (priority) and they had sent it regular.

I called them directly... they have CS people during the day. I think I first sent and email and when I was on the phone they referenced the email and stuff was already in process. I'd try them on Tuesday.

I haven't had a problem with Corner Store or Amazing toyz. I ordered the Skeleton Jack and Barbossa set from NECA from CSC. Jack's hand was broken off in the packaging, they sent me a replacement figure, and I sent back the broken one. From Amaing Toyz, I ordered a set of PotC figures (again from NECA) and they sent me two of one figure by mistake and not another, they had me ship the figure back and they sent be the replacement, all at no charge.

They both are pretty good, but nowhere near Sideshow good!

Finally, Thomas from CornerStore sent me a response about the damaged figure.

He wrote:
We are trying to get a replacement, but this item is now sold out at the
vendor. We might be able to get you a replacement part if we are unable to
replace the whole figure. We will let you know ASAP.”

I hope Thomas is right about the replacement piece:(. I will be waiting to see if he or they can solve this problem. I’ll keep you informed.

Thanks to all

I don't know how it works and if they have to send all damaged figures back to their vendor (Hot Toys or Sideshow or whoever else)...but if they didn't have to I'd just keep a pile of the pieces that DIDN'T break in order for any replacement calls they might get.

They might just as well be e-mailing Hot Toys like you are.

I had the exact same problem with my (1st) Alien Warrior . I emailed both Hot Toys and Sideshow ( from whom I bought it) and received quick responses from both ( about a week). Both requested photos of the damage and H.T needed a proof of purchase . Sideshow sorted me out no problem so I never followed up the H.T route , but it seemed they were willing to send me out a replacement leg . If you ask me , Hot Toys have been innundated with replacement requests because there is obviously a problem with this particular figure . ( Sideshow sent me a whole new Warrior which was ALSO damaged when it arrived!):rolleyes:

Back