Der K is here to stay!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

So the package that I thought was Doggets (5-7 days out) was Der Kindestod and a free Mr. Burns bust!

So Der Kindestod - No roto head! Yea! It's perfectly proportioned and hella-creepy. The hair is glued into a slit cut into the back of the head. It does tend to fall out a lot. The tailoring is top notch - the suit is similar to the Gentlemen, but this fits so much better.

The eyestalks fit well - took me a bit to figure which eye and which side, but it's obvious when you get them in as they fit very well.

The book is kind of cool - but the pages and front are decals. Mine were misaligned but peeled off easily enough so I could realign them.

The hat is a harder plastic than it should be, it's sized properly but doesn't grip the head well and keeps falling off.

Of course the biggest problem - twisty under the shoulders and clothes! There is no reason for this! It's truly annoying as hell!

But these things are minor problems considering this is an extremely cool looking Buffy monster. The hands are even some of the best I've seen on a monster. Kudos to Dooley for the sculpt!

Can't wait to get mine, its on the way. Any chance of seeing a couple pics Dave?

Twisty of Doom....all my Hellboy line figures had that nightmare piece, including N. Kroenen...uughh had to strip him down to get it off...

Not to dwell on it but....
Why are the twisties so damned inconvenient?? I could see, maybe, if these items were going to be on the shelves of KB or Toys R Us but, thats not the case. Stealing a figure from the figures box is not the major concern/problem it used to be. A twisty around the neck would be sufficient. We don't need to have it go in one side, under the arm, around the back, twist 3 times, back up the arm, around the other shoulder, twist 5 times, go thru the plastic packaging, twist 2 more times, thru the cardboard and be secured. I'm tired just thinking about it. :lol

Funny, I got the pre-shipping notices for Der Kindestod but no shipping notice. Hmmm. I guess they haven't shipped them all yet.

I just mine and I also got a FREE Mr. Burns Bust :rock I haven't opened Child Death, but I did open Mr. Burns and he is great. I am a huge Simpsons fan and Mr. Burns is one of my favortie characters. Sideshow couldn't have chosen a better free Simpsons bust to give me. This is my first gift from sideshow. Sideshow is without a doubt my favorite company again. Their customer service is uncomparable. :rock

I wonder if they knew my birthday was only a week ago :p

Der Kinderstod looks great too. To think I almost cancelled my order due to the Doggets and SDCC exclusives coming :lol

Funny, I got the pre-shipping notices for Der Kindestod but no shipping notice. Hmmm. I guess they haven't shipped them all yet

I've got the same situation Fritz.
Maybe Sideshow is shipping out Special Der K.s with the Simpsons bust because some people are more special then others? :rolleyes
I hope I get a free bust. :\

I hate those underarm twisties. The figure always looks better just before I go ahead and remove the clothes enough to remove the twisty. After reassembly, they never look as good as before.
And cutting the twisty doesn't do any good because the extra twists behind the back are difficult to get to with out removing the clothes.

The twisties are annoying, but some of the figures still make it to stores, and some of those may be more open to pilferers than others. Better to be safe than sorry. Law enforcement seem to treat this kind of shoplifting as a minor crime, and if I were a dealer I would be grateful for the little bit of extra security incorporated in Sideshows product.

I still hate them confounded twisties though.

I do know that companies do "drop" tests to see if anything will shift around in the shipping. Which is more the purpose of the twisties than to prevent pilferage. If something moves in the test - they add a twisty.

And I can understand the aesthetic reason for the twisty under the clothes, but I can't really tolerate it.

Just got my shipping notice for "Der K" also. Not sure I really like this figure but I'm going to know soon.
At worst he will look fine in an SS uniform. Monsters make good Nazi's.

Got mine with a free Marge bust! Sideshow rocks!

Yes, I thought I was going to have to take off Mr. Kindestodt's clothes to get that damn twisty tie thing off, but managed it without totalling disrobing the guy. It also took me a few tries to get the eye stalks in, but once I figured it out they fit really well. The hair is great, no problems with that. My figure doesn't want to stand up by itself, though, so I guess I'll have to use the stand. I prefer to NOT use the stands (not that there's anything wrong with them), they just take up shelf space and I get can more figures together if the stands don't take up as much room/bump into each other.

Has anyone else noticed that there is an actual story in the book that comes with this figure? It's not just made-up words, if you get a magnifying glass (or if your eyesight is just better than mine!), you can read it! Even with a magnifying glass I had trouble reading it, but it's there!! Great detailing that certainly wasn't expected! :dance

I like Der Kindestodt!

Mine arrived today, and though not deboxed yet it looks awesome!! I also received a free Burns bust.

Non-figure related, I noticed the conspiqous abscence of the Collect for Life bracelet. Is that promotion over, or only included for orders placed after the May start time? Asking purely out of curiosity as I was fortunate to receive one of the ones SS provided Dave for the board. Thanks Dave and SS.

Back