Human Spike cheap!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I got mine from this sell as well! I could not believe it until I had the figure in my hands. Amazing price! :rock

DSCN3307.jpg

I've bought three from this woman so far. Two Spikes for $15 each, and an exclusive Vamp Spike for only $20.

This woman has sold loads of them at ridiculously cheap prices over the past few weeks and I'm pleased that finally because of her many Sideshow/Spike fans can finally get their hands on a copy of this figure.

DarkArtists I notice that you've given you custom Spike a belt. He looks far better with that on. May I ask where you got it from?

Yeah, I got mine from this sell as well! I could not believe it until I had the figure in my hands. Amazing price! :rock

DSCN3307.jpg

Looks like you'll be painting up another Spike sometime soon. Just have to find a figure that has his human hands as I know there were others that shared them.

Looks like you'll be painting up another Spike sometime soon. Just have to find a figure that has his human hands as I know there were others that shared them.

Thanks guys! And Memnoch... I do have extra hands that could be repainted to work. The ones I used for mine were from a gray Art Buck, just painted skin tone and given the black fingernails. :D Oh, and thanks for the CSM! Got him yesterday!

And Sue... I agree with you on the seller, she really saved my butt with this figure. I have wanted a human Spike for a loooong time, really glad she was parting with so many for so cheap.

And the belt... I got it from Urban Samurai. It works really nicely and looks close enough to the belt Spike wore, it's all plastic but it looks really nice on him. Also I notice that the inside of the pants around the waist, you will notice extra fabric hanging from where the belt loops were sewn on. If you cut the excess you can make his pants hang a little more naturally and not creep up too high on his waist... Spike deserves to not have grandpa pants. :lol

https://www.urbansamuraihobbies.com/usaframe.htm

The link takes you to the main page, but just go under "loose stuff: Misc accessories" and you will see it in the belt section. It's the DML Chan Belt.

Oh thanks for that link love. I agree with the 'grandpa pants' comment.

Sideshow always seems to have a problem with pants. Look at poor old Angels! He really needs them cut lower too, poor old devil.

Oh thanks for that link love. I agree with the 'grandpa pants' comment.

Sideshow always seems to have a problem with pants. Look at poor old Angels! He really needs them cut lower too, poor old devil.

Not a problem! And yeah, I will see if I can fix Angel's pants as well, he arrives later this week. The original one that is. I heard he had a baaad case of the grandpa pants. One of SSC's dreaded faults that repeated several times with various figures.

Josh, keep an eye out for a second package from me. Also, what would it take to give Spike a full overhaul? Not too fond of the boots and stuff.. I want him too look really really good.

Josh, keep an eye out for a second package from me. Also, what would it take to give Spike a full overhaul? Not too fond of the boots and stuff.. I want him too look really really good.

Sweet! Well, for the full Spike treatment... I fix the god awful pants, get him a proper belt, weather the boots and paint... Even give him new hands... I would say a clean $45. :rock

One thing is for certain, painting this figure was a joy, Marsters face practically paints itself. Man has a lot of character in his features, really does help. Not to mention that I love the character so much.. :lol

Still wish I could find a way to either get him a better coat or make the current coat hang better.... still trying to figure that out.

Sounds good. Heres the other thing though.. didn't Spike have a long sleeved red shirt and not a short one? Or was there a short one somewhere that I never noticed?

Sounds good. Heres the other thing though.. didn't Spike have a long sleeved red shirt and not a short one? Or was there a short one somewhere that I never noticed?

Yeah, that is the worst part about the Spike 1/6th figure... Short sleeves on his trademark red shirt. Well, that and a lack of stripes.

I've looked for a shirt that has material that is close enough to use... paint the buttons black. But no dice so far.

I know I plan to get the boots Mike Crawford reviewed since they look to be close to what Spike wore.. large combat boots. Maybe Ill luck out and find good material for shirt too. This may start a chain reaction of at least tracking down a Buffy and having her mod'ed to look closer to SMG and maybe grab Xander too. Damn Josh, look what you did to me! :lol

Edit: Josh, ever think of letting the seams on the bottom of the coat and inserting a wire?

I have indeed thought of the wire trick for his coat.. That might help it stay better as well... good thinking.

And remember on Spike's boots... He wore WWII era boots, buckle tops. I have found real leather brown ones, but am debating getting a pair and painting them black and wearing out the straps a bit... Spike's were always sticking out on the sides...

nl0019.jpg

If you want to throw it into the cost of mine that's fine with me, you can use mine as a test on both the boots and the coat. :lol I fully trust your abilities.

Man....that Spike looks amazing Josh. I wish I was able to score a Spike through these auctions......:monkey2

Back