G'day from Australia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zedex9r

Super Freak
Reaction score
G'day all

Been a long time lurker and have finally decided to post some pictures of my collection, but I am introducing myself first.

I have had an interest in 1/6 scale for quite a while, first starting with 21st century and Dragon some years ago. This was a primarily SWAT and Emergency Services. In fact I had a site going a few years ago under the name SWAT1.one.net but real life interfered and I had to leave the hobby.

Losing track of the 1/6 scene I was absolutly amazed when I first spotted Hot Toys Batman Begins and Hot toys Superman when they first came out. These figures blew me away when I realized that the 1/6 was now doing Movie based figures and I decided that was the collection I wanted because of my strong interest in TV series and Movies.

My other passion is Motorcycles and I currently ride a Kawasaki ZX-9R, hence my user name :)

Anyway I will be soon posting some pictures of my collection and some custom figures I have done.

cheers all :)

Welkome....I had to Rate this thread because of Creecher's odor all over your country.

G'day back mate... I'm down in Melbourne. Good to see another Aussie with the same like for figures. I don't know anyone personally that's into the hobby...

You can check my collection & customs in my sig.

Welcome to the board...:D

G'day grange

nice to hear from a fellow Aussie. I won't hold it against you that you are from Melbourne :) LOL

It's not too common to run into people who are into the same hobby as us downunder.

I am lucky that my best mate and his brother are big 1/6 collectors as well. My mates Star Wars collection is something to be seen.

I checked out your collection and customs again, Bloody Awesome work mate. Your skill and artistic drawings are fantastic. I couldn't even attempt to do a head like you have.

You also have good taste in figures, I see many of the same I have.

Cheers :)

Yep not many of us around in Australia i guess. Most of aussies are into either Marvel or Wrestling figures in 6~7" scale

:lol Welcome to another Aussie.
I'm in Sydney too, and collect LOTR.
Enjoy the stories, jokes, tall tales, messages, pics and other related topics on this board.

More Aussies...oi oi oi :rock2

Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone. I have started to put up pics of my collection under the "Show us your shelves" thread, and some more in the custom gallery. More to come.

Xenoviper - I know what you mean. But I am slowly converting more of my friends and workmates into the 1/6 society. It's funny but at first my workmates used to rib me for getting "dolls", but now when they see a package arrive for me they all crowd around and want to see which one it is :)
I have seen the work that you do and I am in awe. I even made an Ebay stab at the recent Will Turner you made, very nice, but missed out :( Oh well, next time. I also like the Constantine that you made :drool

amonhen - thanks mate. LOTR has some awesome stuff to collect. I do want to get more (I have Frodo and Samwise on preorder) but I also want to diversify my collection to have a bit of everything, so it means I am self resticted to what I can get. Good luck with the collection, there is lots to get:gandalf_w

Jen & Batty - thanks for the welcome.

Cheers all

fllod.jpg

Back