NEW CONTEST FOR ALL YOU ARTISTS!-Winner!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

Okay, I have 1 week to have a postcard made that Sideshow will use at it's booth and help us promote the board. So I need a design for the front of the postcard!

I invite submissions from all you artists out there - using Sideshow merchandise photos create a stunning postcard that represents the board.

The catch is I need it by next Sunday - June 19th. It should be 5.5 x 7.5 inches, 300 dpi, and should be deliverable as a CMYK .tif file. I'll only want to see .jpgs until we determine the winner. The winner will be judged by me and SSC personnel.

What's the prize you ask? Besides the adulation of all your fellow fans and exposure of your work at the largest geek gathering in the world? I don't know - but it will be cool.

So contact me if you're participating, because if no one's going to do it I need to make other arrangements. Also I can provide hi-res images of most of the product. Web images won't cut it for this project.

Email me with questions and if you're going to participate at [email protected] with "Postcard" in the subject line. BUT I NEED TO KNOW NOW if you're planning to enter!

Re: NEW CONTEST FOR ALL YOU ARTISTS!

Here is my submission...

f3ed2865.bmp

I'm in.
Where to get the high res shots?

Hey High Elven. Check out the posts Dave made in other sections. I thought they were all the same, apparently they are not. I spied in one of them, how to get the Hi Res shots. Not sure which section it was in now.

So contact me if you're participating, because if no one's going to do it I need to make other arrangements. Also I can provide hi-res images of most of the product. Web images won't cut it for this project.

Contact Dave. He didn't mention how, but I would say an email is the best, the one mentioned above I'd say.

I'd love to be involved but while I love drawing I'm useless with involving a computer into the equation!

FrodoEyes, why don't you draw something as guidance (???) for others create on a computer... consept art-like?

Did anyone understand this, didn't know the right words to use...

Lol, I get ya! I could, but my friggin scanner's bust so I can't put anything onto my computer :(

Dave, when I make it 300 pixels/inch it makes the file size at least 28 meg...
How am I going to send that?

Save it as a TIF file, HE! :D

I dunno, but I'm guessing you're saving as a BMP.

Dave wants a CMYK TIF file, and that comes out to just around 1 MB for the 300 dpi, 5.5x7.5 inch image.

Thanks Nemo, i got it just after i typed that.
Got it down to about 4 meg.

Not sure if I'm going down the right road but here's one design:

postcard11mt.jpg

or

postcard26zf.jpg

These are a bit rushed, so I need to cut the images out a little better... I'm also very hung over! :toast

Psycho Cenobite :balrog

Here's another version - I've made the light sabers glow (still needs to be cleaned up though):

postcard31zp.jpg

Any comments?

PC :balrog

When I click on the links, all I can see are red crosses! It's probably just me though...

Can anyone see them?! :sick

I haven't had any feedback, so I'm thinking on one can see them! :doh

PC :balrog

Back