DC Direct Batman 1:2 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batty

Nexus 6
Reaction score
I like it, but I really wish the face sculpt was better. I don't care for the huge jaw. It makes his mouth look too small.

And $300 ain't cheap! :monkey4

Don't miss the first in DC Direct's new line of 1:2 scale mixed-media busts! THE BATMAN 1:2 SCALE BUST features lifelike facial details, as well as finely tailored fabric costume fitting the cold-cast porcelean body. Each bust in the series has a consistent base design and a unique logo plaque.

This BATMAN 1:2 scale bust measures approximately 13" h x 10" wide x 7" deep, includes a four-color Certificate of Authenticity and is packaged in a four-color box.

$300 seems a bit ridiculous! :google Overall its a nicely done bust though on most levels, the jaw does seem a tad big but doesnt detract too much.
I wont be buying, but its still a nice piece:cool:

I guess the "legendary scale" bust idea was taken...

But I think he looks pretty good - not my cuppa, but nice none the less.

Wow. I like it a lot, but agreed that it's price tag shouldn't be $300.

Also looks like he has something stuck in his teeth (right backside of his jaw) and he's
trying to get it out with his tongue.

I just realized the description says it's mixed media, but that bust certainly doesn't look like it. Perhaps they took the description from the PF Batman?

I just realized the description says it's mixed media, but that bust certainly doesn't look like it. Perhaps they took the description from the PF Batman?

Actually no, that bust is indeed mixed media. The slightly shiny gray shirt is real fabric (I'm guessing the head & cowl/cape are a solid piece that plugs into the top of the shoulders, to 'trap' the fabric) and the bat symbol is a pleather-type of material.

On another interesting note, this piece was sculpted digitally by an artist named Kolby Jukes, then outputted and refined by the great Oluf Hartvigson.

Last edited:
Actually no, that bust is indeed mixed media. The slightly shiny gray shirt is real fabric (I'm guessing the head & cowl/cape are a solid piece that plugs into the top of the shoulders, to 'trap' the fabric) and the bat symbol is a pleather-type of material.

On another interesting note, this piece was sculpted digitally by an artist named Kolby Jukes, then outputted and refined by the great Oluf Hartvigson.

Thanks for the info !!!

I would really like to see this in person . . .

Is digital sculpting something that's done a lot by DCD? Or is this something new they're doing with the 1:2 busts? Is it supposed to cut down on the sculpt and approval time?

Any chance you're working on one of the future releases? Say, oh, I don't know...Wonder Woman? :monkey3

I'm just not liking the head sculpt at all. Especially the weird unrealistic triangular eyes and small lips. Glad I'm not a huge Batman fan.

I does look nice, I would get it for sure if it were 1:1 scale; the lemon-puckered mouth is a bit odd though.

Back