Post your Jedi Luke repaints here

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am in the midst of repainting Jedi Luke. Anyone want to join? :) If you already have a repaint, please post it here! It would be interesting to share ideas on how to tackle certain facial features, such as the eyes.

Here is my first repaint.. done by FigureMasterLes...

LesLuke2.jpg

Yeah those eyes. Although they look like the eyes at the exact moment that Luke asks Yoda if Vader is his father. Is this what you were going for?

Ask Les. I was just trying to fix what Venakin did wrong and then what I did (horribly) wrong to the head. I just asked Les to fix it and... well.. he sure did. :D

Ask Les. I was just trying to fix what Venakin did wrong and then what I did (horribly) wrong to the head. I just asked Les to fix it and... well.. he sure did. :D

Well it looks damn great if you ask me! Where can I get one?

As great as that looks, that is one of the few figures I don't want to be repainted.

Pix, can you post a closer pic of Les' Luke?

I would love to but he is in storage right now while my office is moving. I may have a closer shot stored somewhere on my office computer. I'll try to find it and post it tomorrow.

It actually may even be in a Luke thread I started a long time ago.

Well here's mine in rough form. I don't have any experience in painting, so everything is trial and error. I try a little bit of everything I can imagine. Most things don't work, but some do...bit by bit. If I could learn how to properly blend colors together in a subtle manner, I think it could do wonders. One shade more or less can make all the difference. It's also amazing how you can have something just right, and then you're painting around it....and BAM, the brush hairs decide to flex one millimeter and you have to do it over again! AHHH! lol Painting can certainly be a very frustrating experience, but it is rewarding when you can get the figure just a little bit closer to the way you envision.

img1132600bk7.jpg

Once it arrives, Or when he's done, Hurricane will hopefully post my commision from him. I've commissioned the cover art version of dark jedi luke from dark empire, with a few modifications, including the yellow sith eyes. I can't hardly wait.

Well here's mine in rough form. I don't have any experience in painting, so everything is trial and error. I try a little bit of everything I can imagine. Most things don't work, but some do...bit by bit. If I could learn how to properly blend colors together in a subtle manner, I think it could do wonders. One shade more or less can make all the difference. It's also amazing how you can have something just right, and then you're painting around it....and BAM, the brush hairs decide to flex one millimeter and you have to do it over again! AHHH! lol Painting can certainly be a very frustrating experience, but it is rewarding when you can get the figure just a little bit closer to the way you envision.

img1132600bk7.jpg

Putting Luke's head on Maul's body(a shorter body) I think will just make his head look even more huge.

Actually I have both bodies. They are identical except Maul's forearms are just a smidgen shorter.

I am hoping Trevor gets a chance to sculpt Endor Luke, so we will have a proper scale head with an even better likeness.

I see, for some reason I was thinking Maul was on an even shorter body than Luke.

It's also amazing how you can have something just right, and then you're painting around it....and BAM, the brush hairs decide to flex one millimeter and you have to do it over again! AHHH! lol Painting can certainly be a very frustrating experience

it certainly can. Especially when you've got something just perfect... and you want to change just the slightest part of it... and oops.... a single hair flicks out of place on the brush.... or your hand tremors slightly

and even though the movement moved the paint less than a millimetre.... it no longer looks naturally human

I was painting 3 sets of eyes yesterday... and I don't know why, and I don't know what happened..... but apparantly I had forgotten how to paint, lol. I was doing eyes over and over again..... I just couldnt get anything right

I guess even I have off days lmao. Now I admit to myself... that I am MUCH more of a perfectionist than most people, and I've seen repaints on here that are great , and everyone is happy with.... but I know I wouldn't be. I've done paints myself... where the client would probably be MORE than happy... but for me? it's not good enough... so i will spend days trying to perfect it.

Maybe I need to lower my standards or something. :rotfl

It's good seeing someone else try though, i love watching it... and it's looking great so far!

I suppose I really should get around to repainting my Luke. I was always happy with it.. never wanted to sculpt it, never wanted to paint it. And i still am happy with it.... but I suppose.... it just wouldn't be me if i didn't try to do SOMETHING to it, lol

Back