what ever became of the commison thread ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

betic1

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was sooo behind the idea of picking up where sideshow left off.
what ? where ? how ?
I thought this idea was great and was really looking forward to seeing some great work we could all share .
But I guess it never got of the ground ,,

anybody ..bueller ..bueller

I was sooo behind the idea of picking up where sideshow left off.
what ? where ? how ?
I thought this idea was great and was really looking forward to seeing some great work we could all share .
But I guess it never got of the ground ,,

anybody ..bueller ..bueller

I never knew there was one... What sculpts were you guys looking for?

I know I would be 100% behind a good Willow or a few others. I know Les would be as well. There are a lot of figures SSC never made that need to be made. That or just bad sculpts that could be replicated. I still hope for a new Willow, one that could be painted as Evil Willow or normal. That would be pretty fun.

I didn't know you and Les were into Buffy, Josh. This is great because you two tend to bring out the enthusiasm in everyone.

Yeah, Les was for a long time before me... Got me interested when I went to his house and saw all of his Buffy figure repaints. Then I got the Chosen set for my wife and now she got me into it too. So I am officially hooked....:lol

I'm working on a few custom figures for Buffy, a season 8 Xander and Buffy. Repainting my Human Spike and will be soon repainting and reworking Angel, Drusilla and Vamp Buffy. :rock

clem_01.jpg

This is my latest Buffy custom.

Are you guys talking painted or unpainted heads? I have no painting skills whatsoever. I'd love to see a Willow head to replace the abomination that sits atop regular Willow's body.

We were going for unpainted casts of a new head sculpt, then each person could hire a painter on their own or try it themselves.
Josh have you or Les done any repaints to Willow or Faith? I have always wondered if the paint would help them or if the sculpts were too far gone.

We were going for unpainted casts of a new head sculpt, then each person could hire a painter on their own or try it themselves.
Josh have you or Les done any repaints to Willow or Faith? I have always wondered if the paint would help them or if the sculpts were too far gone.

LOVE that sculpt BTW Anzik. I always loved that character. :lol

And no, haven't touched any Buffy figures before yesterday (Spike). I know Les painted a bunch, I think Faith and Willow were in there. I know they were a lot better than the originals but still not capturing the characters like it would with a really phenomenal sculpt.

The great thing about a Willow sculpt would be that we could make both Dark and good Willow from the same piece. Only real difference is in the hair and makeup. :rock

Also, if a commission were to happen... I would be willing to drop my rate a bit for the Buffy fans, just to help it move along. Anything to see it made a reality.

Man I didnt know that two of the "big guns" were into this line !!
thats great to know we would have some skill going in here .. apart from all the talented individules already mentioned .

I would love to see some of the work you guys did even if it is just repaints.
. but I really dont want buffy or angel to die away .. there is so much un tapped potential and some really great looking heads to choose from on the show. and Anzik H WOW great work I would love to se him painted and finished

Thanks guys. Clem isn't quite done yet. He still needs some smoothing out and some work around the neck and details on the ears. Then he can be cast and painted. I'm fairly certain he will need his ears cast separately. I'm working on making some saggy skin sleeves out of latex and once I get my Master figure I want to recast the hands because I think they will work well with the character.

This sounds great. I'd definitely be in for some of these, depending on which are chosen.

While I have not re-painted my Faith, I did remove her paint and hair. As a bald flesh-colored head on a stick sitting on my desk, I have to say that it's a reasonably good sculpt.

Sorry, late to the game here! :D
Yeah, I have been a Buffy fan for ages! AGES! Since Season 4 was live at any rate. Watched them all in order after that. (Can you imagine catching up on FX with seasons 1-4, while five was live, see Buffy die, then see Hush last? It wasn't shown on FX until later...and I was BLOWN AWAY with Hush...man. Great TV. Seasons Six and Seven weren't the same for me, short the Musical which was terrific. Need to see these new comics....)

Anyway...

I have good Willow in the vamp Willow outfit and plan to paint her as such, kind of as she was at the end when she switched out with her, so she'll look more dark, but not evil. I love that outfit anyway.
Revamping my Faith too. Want a good likeness there, where it's a tad rough.
Got human Spike repainted, Hush Buffy repainted with cross necklace added, Xander, "Evil" Willow, Faith, Angel, The Master, The lead Gentlemen with the more squared out mouth and just need Giles and sneak Oz and Cordy, which I don't have yet, in there, just for fun...and that's about all I was gonna get.

But yeah, I am into it. Have all seven seasons on DVD! :D

I'll post pics soon. I never get to those!

Glad to see Josh watching now, ABOUT TIME!

Oh repaints! Any chance of seeing shots of them?

I've repainted 'suntan Vampire Spike' and Lorne. I haven't dared touch human faced Spike yet. :eek:

Yeah, it is about time I got into Buffy.... Thanks to words of wisdom from both Les and my wife. Really just a fantastic show that I love damn near more than anything else I have seen on TV, really sad that I missed out on it.

I am in work on repainting Human Spike, which is about halfway there... here is a peek...
DSCN3296.jpg

DSCN3299.jpg

Looks great Josh. Love the cigarette too, glad to see I wasn't the only one who did it. The great thing about Buffy is that it's so accessible. You have all of the episodes at your fingertips, a good sampling (though incomplete) of the characters have been produced, with lots of customizing potential.

This is great. We should start a specific Buffy/Angel custom thread here to get some life back in this forum. I firmly believe that the interest in this line may be sleeping but is far from spent.

Thanks Anzik! I totally agree.... Life can be brought out of this thread, that is for sure. I know I have a lot of stuff coming in the next few months to show here. Will be doing at least 4 or 5 repaints and at least 1 or 2 full on custom figures from the Buffy series.

I wish we would have gotten a few more characters from SSC, it really is too bad the line petered out. Now if we could get a good Nathan Fillion sculpt it would be cool to make a Caleb as well as Captain Mal. :D

I've repainted Vampire Spikes hair although I think you captured the platinum blond tone better than me, and I have swapped Willow's clothes out with some Barbie duds, just for a change of scenery. I always liked season 4+ Willow more than HS Willow.

Back