Monk's Photo Page

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Super Freak
Reaction score
Monk's Photo Page (Han Solo EE Blaster pics Page 3)

I've just updated my .Mac page with pics of Captain America, Spike, and Darth Maul.

For those unfamiliar, this isn't a very thorough gallery. I only post one pic per collectible. Unless the collectible has an exclusive arm, or hand, or shield, or whatever. Then I post a pic of that exclusive.

Anyway, it's not much, but here it is...

Monk's .Mac Page

Also, there's a seperate page for my Lord of the Rings stuff from SS/W.

Monk's .Mac LOTR page

Last edited:
A new display is being finished as we speak. :D I will apply the second coat of stain in two hours.

After that, it's a simple matter of attaching the cast iron brackets and mounting it to the wall.

Here's the display for the LOTR stuff, though:

collection1.jpg

collection2.jpg

:D Nice collection + display Monk. The yellow wall offers a nice contrast.

Another thread Rated without my permission...

(*)

Most excellent display and love the color contrast. Gives me ideas when I finally get around to painting the interior of my house.

Thanks, guys. :D

I'm ripping up that unsightly carpet this winter and refinishing the pine floors beneath. :) It'll be an arduous task, but the end result should be something to see.

Later today I'll post pics of the new Star Wars PF shelf that I just finished constructing. It's my first-ever carpentry job, so go easy with the criticism. Especially you, Shai, you soulless freak.

Finished the shelf.

It's made of simple plywood with a beechwood veneer finish, stacked up double-thick with pre-cut trim. It's 1.5" thick by 42" on one side and 52" on the other, and about 16" deep overall.

All materials come from Lowe's, except for the brackets, which I found online. (15" x 15" cast iron brackets, as it turns out, are tough to find for a decent price.)

All in all, I think it cost me about $130 in materials. :thumbs

Shelf3.jpg

Shelf2.jpg

Shelf4.jpg

Shelf5.jpg

Shelf1.jpg

EDIT: Luke and Han PFs are on the way. :rock

Last edited:
Awesome, Awesome :rock

seriously..I think your collection/setup should be in a magazine or something :chew

Thanks, man. :)

It's tough work, keeping them all clean when they're not covered by acryllic or encased in a curio. Well, not tough, exactly, but a bit on the time-consuming side...

The nice thing about having to clean them so frequently, though, is that it mandates that I show them proper care on a consistent basis. If someone were to walk into this room for the first time and find all of my statues caked in dust, I'd have to hide my head in shame...:monkey4

yea, I know exactly what you mean, hehe
its a constant dusting, but like you said...how can someone walk in and see it all dusty- just not right.

Looks real good. I know I would be scared witless if I had any of mine on shelves like that though. My kids are always slamming doors. lol.

That is nice ... good collection. Where's Han ? :D

Great set up there! but please tell me those shelves are bolted into the wall studs...

I'm stacking the replicas.

I was worried about the idea of doing this, but MR was kind enough to send a nice soft cleaning cloth along with their collectibles. I've used this as a buffer between the two displays, in an attempt to prevent scratches on the acrylic case of the Blaster.

I also did some modifications to the poses of Anakin and Obi-wan (currently my only 12" figures), making them more dynamic. I was inspired by Edwint. Dude comes up with some really amazing poses for his 12" figure photos. I'm really pleased with my own results.

Enough talk. On with pics!

HanBlaster1.jpg

HanBlaster2.jpg

HanBlaster3.jpg

WindowDisplay1.jpg

WindowDisplay3.jpg

WindowDisplay2.jpg

WindowDisplay4.jpg

WindowDisplay5.jpg

WindowDisplay6.jpg

Last edited:
:DI like how you've got Anakin/Darth Vader and Obi posed as if in mid-flight... I think I'll have to steal that one.

Back