Hot Toys Aliens- Alien review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great review!
Good lead in to requesting the original Alien too.
Nice nod to the sculptor too. Nice to know his name at last.

Great stuff Jeff!

Jeff wrote one of the most comprehensive, incisive Reviews I have ever read, damn, that boy was schoolin' me.:D

Great guest reviews... although I think this is the first time I didn't have to go out and buy something because of you. I for once already had it :lol

Feel free to add the Connor Highlander figures into your future reviews... that way if Michael is slacking off we can still get a fix :lol

It's a very good review, but I do have to disagree with the accuracy bit, this alien is as inaccurate as can be while still being an alien from Aliens.
Paint apps also seem a bit weak IMHO, but it is a great figure.

It's a very good review, but I do have to disagree with the accuracy bit, this alien is as inaccurate as can be while still being an alien from Aliens.

Well....OK, I won't start that all over again.... :D
But, it is a good review.

Well I have to say it looks reasonably accurate to me. I think a little artistic licence is always permitted in a figure like this one. It's the pay off between articulation and being as faithful as you can to the source material. The only place they seem to have played around a bit is the neck and a little on the head, but again you can see that the sculptor has studied the original and interpreted the best way he could to work with the mechanics of what’s going on with the base figure.

DSCF0333.jpg

But I've waited a long time for an articulated and accurate Alien, and the two Hot Toys have given us so far, are definitely my favourites!

Without opening a can of worms, I have to agree with Les and abake; great review of the figure, but after seeing a good deal of reference images, it's clear that from the head down, there was a good deal of creative license taken, but the overall design is reflective of the Giger concept, and regardless of accurracies, it's still one of the most badass figures ever!

Talking about the Giger concept... have you guys taken a closer look at the tip of the back tubes and at the back of the head on the HT warrior?
It's... uhm... quite sexual.

Talking about the Giger concept... have you guys taken a closer look at the tip of the back tubes and at the back of the head on the HT warrior?
It's... uhm... quite sexual.

I think you're starting to like your Warrior Alien a little TOO much. :D

:rotfl

Yeah, I konw... but seriously, take a close look...

Of course, Albrecht! The back of the head was designed by Giger.
I would say, "NUFF SAID", but in this case...in your defense...
It's a very thinly veiled dick (especially on the original ALIEN). :lol Ya know....so....there.
Giger is an odd bird.

Not sure about the tubes...:D

Back