What would you rather see happen?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you rather see happen?

• Sideshow buys out Hot Toys.

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Hot Toys buys out Sideshow.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Both merge with a new name.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Just work together and keep it that way.

Votes: 66 84.6%

• Total voters

Memnoch

Lt. Vulture
Reaction score
Well Mr Crawfords review for Asajj got me thinking now.. what would you rather see happen between SS and HT?

I'm fine with the separate companies for now continuing to have distributing agreements and the occasional collaboration. I think both offer unique aspects for collectors and I'd be afraid that if they became one, or if one took over the other, we would loose some of their individual characters.

Well so far we are all on the same page. Id rather see them working together and hit an equlibrium where they are seperate companies acting as one through partnership. I think that is what it is headed toward with the new bodies and price changes between both companies.

I'm fine with the separate companies for now continuing to have distributing agreements and the occasional collaboration. I think both offer unique aspects for collectors and I'd be afraid that if they became one, or if one took over the other, we would loose some of their individual characters.

That was my vote as well.

I don't see either company buying out the other. It's not like these are huge businesses, they're niche collectible companies. Neither is going to expand into a Hasbro or Mattel.

So ok, Im not going to ammend the poll.. if i even could.. but if SS and HT came out and said they were going to be as one but each does their own thing, would we all be willing to swallow any price fluctuations in order to facilitate this partnership should there be any? I think if it was sayy $20 or so and maybe one less release a year I could handle it.

If SSC's bodies and tailoring were to improve to HT's standard as a result of a partnership or merger, I'd be willing to pay an extra $20 for their figures. If the quality stayed the same as it is now, then no.

I agree about the bodies, I personally am happy with 90% of the tailoring. I think we should look at the Hobbits for our first look at this partnership. The bodies are redesigned, modular and the clothes, accessories and sculpt look top notch, price: $70. Now if normal figures looked as good as the Hobbits and cost $80.. Id be in for sure.

I agree. But heres what Im wondering.. how long were they in development? Id say that they probably started around the time Aragorn went up for preorder. Now if they started working with HT around that time, what's to say they weren't working on their Vader and armored troops with HT? I definatly think when Brant said exciting things are comming from this partnership he was referencing this.

what's to say they weren't working on their Vader and armored troops with HT?
Now that's a very exciting thought. If that were the case, I'm sure we'd have to pay a premium for them, but it would be worth it. An HT developed Vader would be impressive, most impressive.

I really think that that IS the case. Look at the hints we got so far that Vader and the troops are comming next year, the fact they put off a Vader for this long, the fact they are working with Hot Toys.. I mean if Im off the case someone set me right but so far I think Im pretty dang close.

I really think that that IS the case. Look at the hints we got so far that Vader and the troops are comming next year, the fact they put off a Vader for this long, the fact they are working with Hot Toys.. I mean if Im off the case someone set me right but so far I think Im pretty dang close.

I think you're right. In which case, we're all gonna go nuts when it's announced.

I think you're right. In which case, we're all gonna go nuts when it's announced.

I know Ill definatly be bouncing off the walls when they do announce it. I mean think about it, they tried to do armor with Fett and it didn't exactly work out like they wanted but they have these things planned usually a year in advance in which case planning and such probably began before they started working with Hot Toys. Now, they knew if they made a sub par 1/6 Vader they would hear about it especially with how well the Medi Vader is made scale issues aside. Now HT has experience in doing amor like peices for their figures (Aliens Marines). I also think Leia was a test run. Notice the only "armor" she has is around the neck.. someone else I know of has neck/shoulder armor. Leia could be a precursor to see if SS could do it on their own. Vader is more complicated however in that. He has shoulder armor, armor on the boots, his codpiece.. needless to say he is intricate. Now in comes Hot Toys who could help make a body that would look better under the suit, help SS adhere the armor to the body suit.. Ill stop rambling now but I think we see where Im going with this.

I say just keep working together. They're working on new bodies and tweaking the current ones. The tailoring is fine with me and for me personally SS is kicking ass. I'm loving it and loving the fact things are only getting better.

The reason I'd want to see things go beyond the base body collaboration they're working on now is if somehow it meant HT figures would come down in price but maintain quality. If HT figures were in the price range of Sideshow, I'd easily own many more of their figures.

Back