Sound off! Medicom RAH Troopers vs Marmit Troopers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ragacin

Super Freak
Reaction score
My MAIN problem with Medicom RAH stuff, especially the Star Wars line is that they will not look right next to the Sideshow pieces because of Medicoms funky 1/6.5 scale for figures, do the Marmit Troopers etc have the same issues? The Marmit Fett on Mike Crawford's site seems to be about the same size as the Hasbro, which the Hasbro match up OK (Size wise, not detailing ;) ). Also, how is the detailing on the Troopers vs Medicom details?
Pics Please showing sizes etc.

I would choose Marmit over Medicom because of the scale issues (they are true 1:6). The only draw back is that they are pretty fragile.

The medi clone is bigger than the medi stormtrooper, thats why it will look better standing next to SS figures, howeverits stil a bit short.
I got the Medi clone standing next to the Medi Stormy and the Stormy is very short in comparison.

Yep, Medi clone is bigger. Strange but true. In fact he is slightly taller than SSC Luke. Medi Stormy however is a shrimp. Which is sad because he's a great looking shrimp but a shrimp nonetheless.

MARMIT!! WOOT!!

Once again I ask. With Hasbro licensing this line to SSC and Hasbro/Tomy owning the Marmit molds, why can they not just reissue these troopers?!?!?!

WHY GOD WHY!!?!?!?!?! :monkey2:monkey2

I had a Medicom that I resold as I wasn't blown away, but I kept my Marmit kit.

The Marmit is definitely closer to a 1/6 size and nicely detailed. I had a basebody issue and ended up swapping out for a new one with a headsculpt. The only drawback to the Marmit is the boots are solid so if you want the extra poseability you need to perform some surgery.

DSC00349.jpg

Yeah,for some reason the Medi Clonetrooper is bigger.For what reason I don't know.You can also see how small the Medi stormies are in the pic.

I had 4 Marmit troopers and one did look yellowish overall compared to the others. It was not the time factor though as the kit was already yellow. My other 3 still looks white like snow :)

Marmit stromies are just that much better compared to Medicom due to the overall scale factor and the fact that the HELMET looks alot better too!

Back