The Dark Crystal busts/dioramas from Sideshow??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Saruman

Can anyone tell me anything about this rumour that I've just read that Sideshow will be producing busts from the movie The Dark Crystal? The news is quite old but it's the first I've heard about it. I hope they weren't cancelled in the mean time....

"SIDESHOW TOY -- Adding to the success of their popular line of collectible Muppet busts, Sideshow Toy will launch mini polystone busts and dioramas."

The Dark Crystal is an amazing movie (similar in style to the Labyrinth) and the busts and dioramas would be so cool! Anyone know anything about it? I hope they produce products for the Labyrinth too....OMG, how cool would that be?!

Source:

www.muppetcentral.com/new...1004.shtml

Thanks for any help.

I can't remember the company but someone else is doing Dark Crystal busts, so I doubt that will happen.

HOWEVER, I SO hope that Sideshow does more Dark Crystal!!
I have Jen and Kira but we GOTTA have some MYSTIC and SKEKSIS 1/6 figures to go with em! Not to mention Aughra!

I know they were not "hot sellers" at the time BUT they ARE Sold Out and when they were realised this forum and others like it did not exist along with our mighty dealer friends to help spread the word!

And the idea of Diorama's is VERY cool and also do not forget that props would be awesome too. The Shard, Jen's Flute, etc.

BRING EM ON!

I'll keep my fingers crossed then! :)

As for Labyrinth, I just did a quick search and apparently Plan-B has certain rights to Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal:

"This year, Plan-B will be releasing some liscensed producuts. Products are in development for Activision's Call of Duty, Henson's Dark Crystal and Labyrinth films"

www.plan-btoys.com/aboutus.html

So that might be something to look out for too.

If SSC is going to do any Henson property you know what it has to be....

FARSCAPE! FARSCAPE! FARSCAPE!

Jen and Kira are more than just 1/6 figures. To me they are prop replicas. Superb likeness. Fantastic costuming, and for once, the big heads and rooted hair criticisms were never mentioned. ;) :lol :clap :rock :rock2

That bust on e-bay was made by Plan-B. They have also released a Mystic. I've got both on my bookcase. I've also pre-ordered two others through a comic shop, Aughra and a different Skeksis (Garthim-master I think).

I love them but I really wish there had been more of the Sideshow figures.

Oh I found a review too:

www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_091704a.htm

The Sideshow Jen and Kira are not prop replicas to me. They are way too doll like IMO. I want them to be more accurate.

Dark crystal dioramas would be a must for me. They should definitly do more Dark Crytal Products.

Please Gruson, tell me how they could be made more accurate. What are you referring to? Size perhaps.

Sideshow:

KiraJen1.JPG

What they should look like:

kira_and_jen.jpg

You should EASILY see what's wrong. These are not screen accurate at all IMO.

Kira looks horrible! Their size does not bother me....the quality does.

Another comparison:

Jen.JPG

ssdarkcrystal5.jpg

I thought they would look more realistic then that really. I'm o.k with not having them now.

Well looky there. Thanks Gruson, your time, effort and enlightenment, are all much appreciated. It was a fair while between seeing the flik and aquiring the figures. I have them displayed often and came to accept them as the deal.

I still like them for what they are. Dolls is what they is, and I'm fine with that. The Henson imagery lends itself to that description. They are still wonderful figures to look at. I still have them as equal tenth on my list of favourite Sideshow figures.

No thanks,:\ I've seen a few good episodes but I wouldn't buy aything from it.

Back