Will Hot Toys make the other PREDATOR 2 Preds?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

figuremasterles

Gonna need a bigger site!
Reaction score
Other than the Elder Pred....
They have made almost every variant in AVP...so why not some of these guys?

Preds005.jpg

Look at the heads. Basic P2 or P1 structures, that's just copied of those, with new patterns, and new accessories. I assume we'll see more....
What do you guys think?

Preds002.jpg

Preds001.jpg

And, who's wallet would be up for such a figure attack? :lol
I wonder if we see more of these, or ANY of the humans from P2....
(Note, we haven't seen Lex from AVP in that set yet....and figurewise, she's a no-brainer! So, I wonder...)

More shots of the other Preds...

Preds002-1.jpg

Preds003.jpg

Preds004.jpg

Love these guys!

Hope we at least see that one with the huge helmet! :D

I'm sure they'll do some, as you said they did all the variants from AvP and HT knows that there are some Predator lovin' fools like us out there who will buy them up like crazy! :D

I dunno, I hope they don't but fear they will. I haven't been following the line this closely up till now but if they do all these predators some of you will have 10 or 12 of these guys right? They do look good together but too much is too much and that border may be closer than you think.
If they get us all the preds in that scene a lot of us might just not care anymore when pred 1 comes out.
But it's too simple to pass on for them. Hardly any trouble involved to release the whole family so yeah, I think we'll see each Predator from the spaceship before Predator 1 is announced.

You know, when you think of it, the makers of the movie really went to a lot of trouble developing all these variations for the minimal time they were actually show, didn't they?

Let me add a heartfelt "HELL YEAH!"...PS

By the way,Les, GREAT downloads! I vote for the 'diamondback'...

I think most collectors are waiting for the version of Predator1.

Yeah. He is the single most awaited figure of the bunch. No doubt.

I will admit this, P1 is the movie with the most extra human characters that I hope they make. Let's face it, there are no more Preds there to exploit....
I mean, if they can make Prisonbreak figures....let's see some humans from P1 and P2? Maybe?

intresting.

On the one hand I don't know why they would, these guy were only on screen for a minute or two and I only see real hard cores geting them.

but one the other hand Predators seem to be like crack, and I think Hottoys knows it, plus it's not like they'll need a lot of R&D, mostly repaint and make new helments, it also gives them a better returne on their molds.

hard to tell.

they need to quite making them look the same too:rotfl

You know, when you think of it, the makers of the movie really went to a lot of trouble developing all these variations for the minimal time they were actually show, didn't they?

Lol I was thinking the very same thing after watching P2 last weekend. It must have cost alot to develop of those variant Preds for so little screentime and action.

Some of the designs are damn cool (one of the helmet designs looks very remenisant of the Celtic Predator) but they seem a tad too obscure to warrant a whole series of figures.

Id love if Hot Toys did these guys but maybe they should focus on getting the P1 Predator to market becaiuse that is a guarenteed big seller.

I don't think we'll see a lot of the Predators from P2 but I do think we'll see at least one or two more probably the more unique ones that will standout on a shelf. I definitely want the Elder Predator from P2 but will wait after that for the ultimate Predator from Predator 1!

I'd never have the money for all of them, but I do hope they make a few of the different Preds.

But seeing those fantastic behind the scenes pics Sabres21768 posted (thanks!), I fear HT might not be as attentive to accuracy on them.
The two Ancient AVP Predator figures HT made actually don't appear exactly as the ones in the film (I was bored one night, and wrote down the details in case anyone is interested). They're very minor differences and they already made all the parts so it would've been easy to just bash them together accurately, but HT decided not to be accurate for some reason.
So I fear that HT will do the same for all these background Predators that are very different from the two Predator 2 versions they've already made.

ScreamingMetal brings up some sobering points. In addition, I fear the AvP2 movie might stunt too many P2 releases.

But I would love to see the whole gang made. I'd also like to be in a much higher tax bracket to afford them all. I'd love to see this guy with that accessory!:rotfl

I think they'll at least make some of them, I mean hell they made a bumble-bee Alien Warrior.

Also, they are a company that likes to recycle materials and they could get a lot of mileage between all the Pred2 variations and of course the original :rock

I can see them doing some exculsives like the Ancient Predators from AVP. I would love for them to do at least a few of the more interesting helmet versions. Not sure if I would get them all, but it would be really hard to resist!

Back