Burton's Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gazmog

The first 2 Batman movies were undeniably the best of the crop thus far, at least for me they were, but I am at a loss as to where I can find tie-in merchandise for those movies, specifically cold resin statues, etc. I have the Hotwheels Batmobile 1:18 scale from the '89 movie...but would love to get my hands on a batwing and perhaps some statues.

Do you have any suggestions?

To digress for a moment, do you also know if Bowen Designs will be releasing any more Spidey figures in the coming months? I have the Venom statue on order, but wondered if you have any insider gossip on a Spiderman statue or another villain emerging soon.

:wave

There were some highend vinyl and resin models that if built up skillfully are every bit as good as a coldcast statue.

Gazmog, I agree with you and really wish there were some nice statues made from these 2 movies.

I actually had the Batman Returns model kit painted by a pro and it looks great.

Keaton all the way!

ed_1_b.JPG

Other than that, there have been no quality releases IMO.

I really hope there will be some in the future....

I also have the 1:18 Batmobile from Batman - it came out recently and is a great version of the car.

I have a couple of unopened batwings:

1/25 kit and 1/48 diecast

and Keaton kits which would be great for figure conversions:

1/6 Billiken unbuilt

1/6? Horizon Returns unbuilt.

Maybe this should go into the trade topics.

;)

I've been a batfan for 33 years now collecting the comics and merchandise, I have to disagree. The Burton films were good, I liked Returns better than the first, but too many inconsistancies with the comics. First the Joker being the killer of Batman's parents, sorry never happened that way. The villians dying in each movie. The full rubber bat suit, how's an olympic level athlete and martial artist work in a suit he can't even turn his head. Gordon and Batman having little or no relationship. These are some of the things that make Batman Begins a superior Batman movie. ALmost every character in that film is right out of the comics, Gordon, Flass, Ra's Al Ghul, Lucias Fox, Earl, and Michael Caine as a much more realistic version of Alfred.

Anyway on to my original reason to post, I'm sure you can pick up most of the Batman and Batman Begins stuff on ebay and such, but check out Sovereign Studios custom 1/6 figs. I've seen them in person and they are just as cool as the pics.
www.sovereignmodel.com/home.html

ultimate_batman_89a2.jpg

BATMAN92A.jpg

Those Batman figures look suspiciosly like the Billiken A and the Ultimate Batman recast figures.

I made my own shortly after the movie came out using the Horizon model:
f1293403.jpg

It left a lot of poseability to be desired as the neck can't turn and only Joe types were available then. But he did get into his share of scuffles:
3af24675.jpg

Yes, Bowen is working on a new Spider Man statue that should go up for predorder sometime this year...

Re: re

My .02 - I still consider Batman - Dead End the best version
of Batman put on film to date - both visually and attitude-wise.

I've still gotta see the Batman Begins movie, but just seeing the
pictures of the new suit, it ISN'T the Batman from the comics.

Batman Begins may be more realistic/practical/grounded in reality, but
Clark Bartram had the build, look, and attude of Batman perfect - to me.

Batman: Dead End link to view/download

still_07.jpg

still_30.jpg

still_18.jpg

still_04.jpg

JS :rock

Batman - Dead End was ok for me.

JS, you have to see Batman Begins. It's incredible!

I still love the Burton/Elfman/Keaton Batman the best.

The Soveriegn Studio's figures look nice in pictures. I haven't seen any in person but it's a nice looking custom. I had a Keaton Batman I bought from a seller on eBay. It was recomended to me by a friend in the Phillipines. The creator was in Mexico. Not really very nice as it turned out. Based on a vinyl kit recast and a GI Joe CC body. Paid $175 for it and sold it for $125. and was happy to get it. Make sure you have a pretty good idea on a custom before you plunk down the gelt.
There is another seller on eBay, I think his eBay handle is "mojobaby" or something similar who makes very nice looking superhero customs. You might want to take a look around there for stuff.

"Batman Begins" is okay. And I won't argue with anyone who says it's the best big screen Batman movie so far. But "Batman: Dead End" is still the only Batman movie I really enjoyed and that I thought captured the look and feel of comic book, aka "real" Batman.
And as you guys noticed Batman wasn't wearing spandex or rubber. He's wearing a doubleknit fabric just like real athletes and many real crimefighters do. Rubber suit ='s stupid. Excuse the costume rant.

Begins makes Burton look good

Hey, great topic. I was really looking forward to Batman Begins, but in the end I thought it was a boring blockbuster-by-numbers that made Batman seem like an awfully ordinary action hero. I mean, did they have to make him a ninja? All that Tibet stuff was such a massive cliche. And the fantasy elements just didn't gel well with the attempts at gritty realism. I thought it would be brilliant, but it made Burton's first Batman film look terrific - at least the casting was interesting and the film created Gotham as a separate, stylised world rather than just looking like downtown Chicago - which ironically made the whole story more believable (it just doesn't work to put Batman in the real world). The action sequences were much better too in the Burton film! The fights in BB were the worst I've ever seen - just strobe lighting basically.

They should have filmed Batman Year One frame for frame like Sin City.

Just to bring this back to Sideshow, a Burton Batman 1/6 line would be terrific, starting with Keaton Batman and Nicholson Joker.

Re: Begins makes Burton look good

Just to bring this back to Sideshow, a Burton Batman 1/6 line would be terrific, starting with Keaton Batman and Nicholson Joker.

AMEN TO THAT!!!

I would pay big money for a Keaton 1/4 piece!

Re: Begins makes Burton look good

I just bought an expensive Keaton Batman custom off ebay. The sellers pics weren't great but it was one of the ArtofToy customs that looked pretty good and the seller had paid nearly twice what I paid.

It seems to have parts from a model, but not either of the Horizon ones. It was really bad too - the head was too small the boots and hands were too big and the whole thing a waste of money. I took it apart to see if I could use any of the parts, but it seems the belt will be the only thing worth saving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back