Question the first Alien movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chaver

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I was just watching the first Alien today and I was wondering.You know at the end of the movie were Ripley is in the escape ship and has just exploded the mother ship and she's getting ready to go into hyper sleep.You know were she's standing in front of that console and doesn't realize the alien is laying up inside of it.Then all of the sudden the aliens hand reaches out at her.Well my question is after she gets away from the alien and is in the closet for all that time.Why does't the alien just crawl out of the console and take care of business?Why does it just lay there?Is it stuck...?Is it hurt....WTF

I was just watching the first Alien today and I was wondering.You know at the end of the movie were Ripley is in the escape ship and has just exploded the mother ship and she's getting ready to go into hyper sleep.You know were she's standing in front of that console and doesn't realize the alien is laying up inside of it.Then all of the sudden the aliens hand reaches out at her.Well my question is after she gets away from the alien and is in the closet for all that time.Why does't the alien just crawl out of the console and take care of business?Why does it just lay there?Is it stuck...?Is it hurt....WTF

He liked seeing her in her panties.:dunno:dunno:dunno

Because it was going into hybernation mode. Alien drones have a life-cycle to lay new eggs in order to propagate the survival of the species and can go into prolonged hybernation if need be. It was approaching that phase when it stowed onboard the ship. I also believe it was studying Ripley carefully, I mean, who wouldn't with those panties on.

Yeah, I was gonna say naptime too but ya beat me to it WG. :lol

ps Do we need an entire thread for this? Isn't there an Alien Movie thread? Hello?

Because it was going into hybernation mode. Alien drones have a life-cycle to lay new eggs in order to propagate the survival of the species and can go into prolonged hybernation if need be. It was approaching that phase when it stowed onboard the ship. I also believe it was studying Ripley carefully, I mean, who wouldn't with those panties on.

Very interesting.How did you come accross this information or conclusion?

Ridley Scott.....''That sequence was quite spooky and it actually worked very well'' Ridley Scott asserted. ''I liked it because its a brief way of explaining what happened on the derelict and what was now happening again,on the Nostromo. And i think it provided some explanation for the Aliens killing spree-like a butterfly or an insect,it has a very limited life span in which to reproduce itself. It also helped explain why it did not attack Ripley on the Narcissus. Its days were over. Like a chameleon,it had found a protective corner in that ship and was working itself in there to die. So in that respect,it would have been nice to have kept the cocoon footage. But it really killed the pacing. By then,Ripley was the only one left on board and everything was moving very fast-and it just slowed down the drive. So i cut it out''.

Cinefex:Alien 1979.

I think that pretty much sums it up. :D

BBB1.jpg

Ridley Scott.....''That sequence was quite spooky and it actually worked very well'' Ridley Scott asserted. ''I liked it because its a brief way of explaining what happened on the derelict and what was now happening again,on the Nostromo. And i think it provided some explanation for the Aliens killing spree-like a butterfly or an insect,it has a very limited life span in which to reproduce itself. It also helped explain why it did not attack Ripley on the Narcissus. Its days were over. Like a chameleon,it had found a protective corner in that ship and was working itself in there to die. So in that respect,it would have been nice to have kept the cocoon footage. But it really killed the pacing. By then,Ripley was the only one left on board and everything was moving very fast-and it just slowed down the drive. So i cut it out''.

Cinefex:Alien 1979.

I think that pretty much sums it up. :D

BBB1.jpg

Wow,that does sum it up.Thanks for the info and were did you get that statue of ripley.That's kind of funny,you posting a pic of that statue in this thread,right.

I always thought the same thing too. The alien was sleeping and was (I guess) a little groogy (sp) from being woken up? And like some animals like my cat, it was still sleepy, yawing and was going back to hypernate again. :cool:

There are many examples of oddities like this throughout the saga which are hard to explain.

Anyone ever wonder if Bishop might have been left behind if Ferro's Dropship hadn't crashed while trying to evac the survivors. Where the hell was he, still examining the dead faceghugger when all hell was breaking loose?!

I thought it for effect that the Alien was just slow to react to Ripley in the shuttle, made him seem alot more ominous.

Back