Bin Laden Custom Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this seller has some big nads! the only reason i can figure someone would want to buy it is cover it in airplane glue and torch it. :lol

Bad Guys

It's not really a custom, but from a small off-the-radar Asian company. There are also figures out there of Saddam, Saddam's son, and Saddam's son post-mortem. They all have a similar look and may be from the same manufacturer. The sculpts seem to capture a basic likeness, but look rather soft and appear to lack detail, though that may be because the paint applications are pretty basic. The heads look like they might be made of vinyl. I think you can pick up both the Bin Laden and Saddam heads from Bear Johnson's One Sixth Depot. There's a Fidel figure in current release from Asia, and Bear has that head. There's also a Che from How2Works that has an imitator knockoff; both have been out for around a year now. A third Che that sometimes pops up on eBay is a real handmade custom in an edition of about 50 or less, with a different and I think better likeness.

If you're into a Hall of Infamy display, there's plenty of material out there.

It looks very similar to the "Most Wanted" series release of Bin Laden. Maybe this is just a recast... with extra accessories?

I don't know why this is taboo? I think a 1:6 Hitler would be pretty cool. I have always thought that a 1:6 WWII prison camp display would be great for museums and such to teach.

It looks very similar to the "Most Wanted" series release of Bin Laden. Maybe this is just a recast... with extra accessories?

Oh god you said the r word. I can hear the sirens now! Yep......OMG! *Crashes through the window* "Its the internet police". They will surely take care of this guy. Go get em boys. :monkey3

:lol:lol:rotfl Lets hope he's able to flush all of the heads before the feds get 'em!

And, I agree with you Pix, the subject matter if treated as a historical figure shouldn't be a big deal IMO. The ones I am bothered by are the "hanging" figures and ones that are poking fun or making light of a person... vs creating a replica.

I own a Hitler 1/6 figure and while being creepy, its a very well made and I think respectful of history. Being of Jewish descent I find it to be an interesting piece to have in my collection... as I imagine others would have there own reasons that would as well not be synonymous with being a Neo-Nazi.

I don't know why this is taboo? I think a 1:6 Hitler would be pretty cool. I have always thought that a 1:6 WWII prison camp display would be great for museums and such to teach.

museum to teach, yes.

home display, very scary.

I own a Hitler 1/6 figure and while being creepy, its a very well made and I think respectful of history. Being of Jewish descent I find it to be an interesting piece to have in my collection... as I imagine others would have there own reasons that would as well not be synonymous with being a Neo-Nazi.

do you throw darts at him? :lol

herob4.jpg

Back