Taika Watiti Star Wars movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rushmore223

Super Freak
Reaction score
Though I think his brand of humor can be a little much at times there's no denying that Ragnarok was an absolutely amazing turnaround after TDW (and one of the most rewatchable of the entire MCU) and while the season finale of Mando wasn't as strong as Chow's episodes (IMO) I am still very optimistic that he'll provide a very fun SW movie that should appeal to fans and normies alike.

I am a fan of his work and projects. Curious though how people will react if it follows Taika Watiti silly comedy style into the SW Universe. I'm up for anything really as long as I'm entertained. The greater goal is repeat viewings.

Though I think his brand of humor can be a little much at times there's no denying that Ragnarok was an absolutely amazing turnaround after TDW (and one of the most rewatchable of the entire MCU) and while the season finale of Mando wasn't as strong as Chow's episodes (IMO) I am still very optimistic that he'll provide a very fun SW movie that should appeal to fans and normies alike.
I didn't care for the first Thor or TDW, but loved Ragnarok!

Watiti made me like a character I had passed on long before.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sounds great to me. I'm definitely intrigued. I was hoping/expecting the news of Favreau doing a movie but this works too.

He will be 1000x better than RJ and 100x better than JJ.

Huge get. He saved Thor, hopefully he can save big budget Star Wars movies too. Hole is deep to dig out of after ST led to cancellations of multiple movies...

It is interesting because he did originally come right out and publicly say that he didn't see himself ever directing a SW movie because he "actually likes to finish what he starts" so I wonder if he agreed to some sort of special "keep KK the eff away from me" deal, lol.

Back