Hurricane Shoulder Lamp, Motion Tracker, etc. Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjam

Here on the Perimeter
Reaction score
Well now that we know it can and will be done it's time for this thread now guys to keep all this organized as many of us will want this ultra cool effect for our figs. And a huge thanks to P@CK@R@CK, Dekdave and the man Himself Hurricane for making this stuff available to us...

I for one recommend doing at least 3 lamps as 2 look too few but 3 make the effect work so much better. And of course these lamps are self contained and interchangeable, I'm doing at least 4 lamps and 1 Motion tracker...

Don't know the cost yet but I'm sure they will be reasonable.

I'll repost hurricane's pics for anyone who missed it and any updates as many of us will as well. Dekdave will have his back first once Hurricane figures out the motion tracker but I just heard from him so here's the skinny on that. Looking good...

HURRICANE MOTION TRACKER UPDATE:

From the man himself...

"as for the tracker yet to tackle that, but planned out in my head, i need to rewatch the scenes with it in so i can get the best effect."

and it is done, big thumbs up to P@CK@R@CK ,i know just how fiddly this is, anyway heres Daves, rear panel is removable to access battery,switch is in place too.
HPIM0181.jpg

HPIM0182.jpg

HPIM0183.jpg

Last edited:
If the shoulder lamp looks that good I can't wait to see what he does with the motion tracker. The only thing missing is a sound chip with the sonar pangs.

If the shoulder lamp looks that good I can't wait to see what he does with the motion tracker. The only thing missing is a sound chip with the sonar pangs.

Omigod, don't even get me started on that. :lol

Oh wow hurricane...count me in too! Need them done for Hicks, Hudson, Vasquez, Drake and Apone! That's 5...just like Paul.

And I can't wait to see what you do with the motion-tracker!

This set-up truly is going to be the 1/6 showstopper in my collection. I mean Jabba is cool...and so is Robo and ED (and sometime next year, CAIN!)...but with the upcoming Power-Loader (that lights up) and the 2 ALIEN warrior versions...and all my marines custom painted by the figure master (Thanks again Les, you ROCK...and Mikey, can't forget you...you did my Apone way back when)...and the potential to get these shoulder lamps and trackers lit up by hurricane...man, oh man, this set-up is going to RULE! :D

Now we just need the QUEEN! The P-L vs. Queen in 1/6 would blow Jabba out of the water! :rotfl

You know it Indy! Rock on brother... :cool:

I can't even imagine what a night display would look like with these lamps spilling light onto the other Marines and the Warrior, etc. Dreams do come true here. Huge thanks to Hurricane for making these available to us. I am SO IN!

Actually, the motion tracker sonar pangs are quite simple really. I picked up a sound recorder for $10 at Radio Shack for my ED-209. You can record up to 20 seconds of sound. Shouldn't be too hard to loop 20 seconds of tracker audio and record it. Would have to get a 3mm micro-speaker for electric trains and wire it to the connector leads on the sound board. Problem is it runs off a 9-volt battery so hiding it would be difficult. It might be the kind of thing where I would have to affix the sound box to the back of the figure stand with some tie wraps. That's probably the best I could do.

...You know it Indy! Rock on brother... :cool:

I can't even imagine what a night display would look like with these lamps spilling light onto the other Marines and the Warrior, etc. Dreams do come true here. Huge thanks to Hurricane for making these available to us. I am SO IN!

Oh man, Paul. You know it! You can count me IN TOO! :D

I can even imagine some dry ice in the mix...creating a little fog for the lights to be shining through! Wow. We're all gonna have some pretty amazing set-ups!

I'm ready man. Ready to get. it. on! Absolutely BADASS! :chew

Oh man, Paul. You know it! You can count me IN TOO! :D

I can even imagine some dry ice in the mix...creating a little fog for the lights to be shining through! Wow. We're all gonna have some pretty amazing set-ups!

I'm ready man. Ready to get. it. on! Absolutely BADASS! :chew

You'll also want that fishtank under gravel flooring to complete the display. They are very cheap too. FACEBOX turned us on to them. I just bought one, made by aqua-tech, it's the 25-29 gallon one and you can use the tubes for facehugger stasis tubes too!

Actually, the motion tracker sonar pangs are quite simple really. I picked up a sound recorder for $10 at Radio Shack for my ED-209. You can record up to 20 seconds of sound. Shouldn't be too hard to loop 20 seconds of tracker audio and record it. Would have to get a 3mm micro-speaker for electric trains and wire it to the connector leads on the sound board. Problem is it runs off a 9-volt battery so hiding it would be difficult. It might be the kind of thing where I would have to affix the sound box to the back of the figure stand with some tie wraps. That's probably the best I could do.

And you called me nuts. :lol

Last edited:
Count me in Paul!! Shoulder Lamps...Awesome, Motion Tracker...INSANE!!! :rock

Oh yeah IJ, brings these figs to a whole new level. I seriously cannot wait! I feel like a little kid. :lol

Guess I just love those little light up details. :D And the way HT made the warrior with those paint apps I'm just itching to see what it looks like at night with splashes of light on him.

Oooh, creepy goodness.

Last edited:
...and all my marines custom painted by the figure master (Thanks again Les, you ROCK...and Mikey, can't forget you...you did my Apone way back when)...and the potential to get these shoulder lamps and trackers lit up by hurricane...man, oh man, this set-up is going to RULE! :D

It is worthy to note that when these marines are done, so many talented artists will have made their own personal impact on them. In Pjam's case: Hurricane, Les, Josh, Customikey... So much talent on one group of figures!

THAT is the fun of customizing!

Paul is there a list to be added to if I want in on a light up shoulder lamp? Any word on pricing? This is very cool!

Paul is there a list to be added to if I want in on a light up shoulder lamp? Any word on pricing? This is very cool!

No list nash. This is between you/us guys and Hurricane. I just set up the thread because I knew this would blow up. Who wouldn't want this done? :lol

I'm just sending him my stuff like dekdave did, I don't even know what he's charging me yet but I'm sure it will be reasonable. I also let him know about this thread so I'm sure he'll update us on pricing and MT progress. He's gonna get alot of these to do no doubt so I would get on line, or as they say in the UK, in the queue ASAP.

So. Best to PM Hurricane. :D:cool:

Last edited:
HURRICANE UPDATE:

hi guys, looks like this has taken off, so far 12 lamps to do, had words with another board member and cost is $25 each includes return airmail with a signature, discount for multiples
motion tracker very soon

AWESOME NEWS! I'm now in for 5 Lamps and a MT!

Wow, dropped to second page here. Well, just a quick bump for anyone who missed this.

Yes, it's true, hurricane is making light up shoulder lamps and motion trackers available to us! Lamps $25 return shipped! Are you f'n kidding me? No. Crazy I know, but TRUE! Rock on that A-freaks! Anyway, done my part, word is out. :cool:

And thanks Hurricane, for making this happen for us. :D

trackers in pieces,got all the components,these may even be adjustable for blink rate :D,be fiddlin' later today...

Awesome Glenn! Can't wait to see a fully functional 1:6 motion tracker! That's a big f'n signal!!!

My next Hurricane project will be to mod the gun sight of my Future Reese and to make his halogen lamp.

Last edited:
Back