Predator Disaster !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thundergod

Super Freak
Reaction score
Aaargh!! Came home from work to find 2 of my Hot Toys Predators victim of a terrible "shelf-diving" accident! ( I blame the "Ancient" with his damn unstable Alien head trophy !) The only damage is to the "Elders" ankle joints, BOTH of which have snapped at the connecting pin . Does anyone know whether H.T would be able to supply replacements? A repair is not impossible , but I thought I'd try this option first .

Aaargh!! Came home from work to find 2 of my Hot Toys Predators victim of a terrible "shelf-diving" accident! ( I blame the "Ancient" with his damn unstable Alien head trophy !) The only damage is to the "Elders" ankle joints, BOTH of which have snapped at the connecting pin . Does anyone know whether H.T would be able to supply replacements? A repair is not impossible , but I thought I'd try this option first .

I wouldn't even use that alien head it came with,it's way to heavy and does not cooperate.sorry for your loss.:monkey2

Had my HT alien fall of its shelf and break one of the spines. I tried asking HT about buying a replacement many time but no reply. It bloody terrible coming home and finding something broken.

Damn that sucks!
My Aliens warrior also suffered breakage, but I fixed it. I still went ahead and wrote HT for a replacement part for the broken articulation.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Loctite is a collectors best friend. Get to know it. I've used it countless times to fix many disasters and it bonds ten times faster and stronger and clearer and cheaper than superglue. Give it a try. It works miracles.

The problem is that the surface area is quite small . I could glue , but I don't want to lose the articulation of the ankle . I'm considering drilling and using metal pins , which should work in theory at least , but in my modelling experience what works in theory doesn't always work in practice ! Anyway , at the moment , I'm just glad the damage is limited to just the one area . When I think of all the fragile parts that could have been broken ( blades,weapons etc) , it could have been much worse!

Yeah, same here... Stands are always a must for me.

I also agree with Dave, Loctite rules. That will stick and never ever come apart.

Me too. I set down my Ghost Anakin and went to grab a file and when I came back he had fallen over putting a few white speckles in his hair. :monkey2

Count me in for using a stand all the time.

Sorry to hear about the fall, man....I hope you get some replacement parts!

I also got my figures in Detolfs so some figures that don't have stands (like the ALIENS) have something to fall against if they tip over. But they're all holding strong! :chew

I not only use a stand for ALL my figures, but on these Hot Toys bases, I superglue the plastic post to the base piece, securing them for the heavy guys, as they can fall if that part comes loose!

Thundergod, if I can be of any assistance to you, let me know.
I just repaired a Predator for another member. If I can help, I will.
I am pretty proficient at fixing either existing joints, or if need be, drilling and reworking with metal rods. Done all of it.
Feel free to PM me about it.
Good luck regardless. I hate this for you, but it can always be repaired.

Believe me Les , those stands are being dug out as we speak! Thanks for all the support ( no pun intended !) from all of you guys , it seems we all share the common fear of the dreaded shelf-diving scenario ! At the end of the day though , no-one has died and as Les said , it can be repaired . I've contacted H.T about whether spares are available , so I won't be attempting any surgery until I've heard from them . Until then , "Ancient" has donated his feet ( for being the guilty party ) and is currently in solitary as way of punishment . And Les , I really appreciate your offer and will seriously consider your help if I get no joy from H.T. Again, thanks guys. ( Wipes tear from eye , but in a manly way .):eek:
AvP015.jpg

CHIEF SUSPECT , EARLIER TODAY .

Last edited:
A similar thing happened to my Ancient Predator. The alien head flipped the figure over onto the ground, snapping the arm right out the socket and breaking the plastic around the hole upon impact. Needless to say I tried to fix it but nothing worked at the time so my Predator in pieces is sitting in a box in my closet. When I find a new body and netting available online I'll buy it and rebuild...

even though they seem to stand well on their own I use the stands for my USCM figures, I don't want to take that risk:monkey3

by the way, were do you get Loctite? my McFarlane Alien's foot broke off and I need something with a strong bond to glue it back on

Back