Was a new SW major episode every two years too ambitious?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Was a new SW major episode every two years too ambitious?

• Yes

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
An ambitious schedule, to be sure, but I think they pulled it off. That is to say, I don't think the ST would have been any better or worse given more time.

And TROS was rescheduled no fewer than three times!

Maybe it could have given them more time to react to fans, especially the disgruntled ones.

That CAN go the other way as well....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they had written the movies all at once I think two years apart would have been fine. As it stands I don’t know how anyone looks at these movies and thinks they couldn’t benefit from longer development.

I think the release schedule for the sequels was perfectly fine, but having the spinoff movies sandwiched between them made me sick to death of SW. I wish they hadn't made any of the spinoff movies.

No. Marvel managed three every year for 10 years.

They started with characters that didn't grow and couldn't figure out where to take them. No plan = ST

An ambitious schedule, to be sure, but I think they pulled it off. That is to say, I don't think the ST would have been any better or worse given more time.

And TROS was rescheduled no fewer than three times!

That's ridiculous. If they had taken their time, got people who actually loved and cared about the property onboard and gave them time to PLAN three movies instead of one at a time being thrown together by different teams working independently of each other, then it wouldn't have been the dumpster fire it is.

That's ridiculous. If they had taken their time, got people who actually loved and cared about the property onboard and gave them time to PLAN three movies instead of one at a time being thrown together by different teams working independently of each other, then it wouldn't have been the dumpster fire it is.

That’s doesn’t guarantee anything. You’d have thought Shane Black would have been the one to revive the Predator franchise, but instead he delivered what is widely considered the worst film in the franchise by far.

That’s doesn’t guarantee anything. You’d have thought Shane Black would have been the one to revive the Predator franchise, but instead he delivered what is widely considered the worst film in the franchise by far.

Shane Black did not make the original Predator great. He simply proved his irrelevance after getting too much credit for far too long.

Too many chefs. No Captain. And no captain with any good ideas.

The irony about Shane Black is that he dyes his hair black. Think about that.

The ONLY reason Disney said that was to cover for Kennedy's mistakes, they couldn't blame her because she's female and everyone would say Disney was sexist if they fired her... She had an Agenda and anyone that wasin't onboard got removed as proven by all the Directors she kept firing...

Back