Star Wars Sequel Trilogy Fan Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KerotanFrog

Super Freak
Reaction score
I saw a suggestion in the other thread (sarcastic or not) and thought it would be a great place for people who are excited for The Rise of Skywalker to post. I'll let you all decide if you want to discuss spoilers here.

For people who don't like the ST (and that's perfectly fine, its your opinion), please don't spread negativity in here.

So to start, who here has their tickets for Thursday night?!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Re: Star Wars Sequel Trilogy Positivity Thread!

I hope this thread doesn't end up going the way I expect. Either way, I'm glad someone here did this. Thanks, KerotanFrog! :duff

I've got my tickets for Thursday, but I can't lie: even as a fan of the ST thus far, I'm expecting to have major problems with TROS if the plot leaks are accurate (especially the ending).

But, staying positive: the latest trailer with Palpatine and Kylo got me more excited than anything else so far, and I'm just relying on there being context throughout the film that will make the leaked plot work better on screen. And visually, the film looks stunning. Very much looking forward to that element, if nothing else.

Right there with you man! Are you wanting to discuss plot guessing?

I have not read any of the leaks myself, but I have my own theories.

That last commercial really got me interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oQr0VAd.gif

Happy I'm going:bunnydanc. It's a blockbuster event movie. And Lucas - whatver missteps there may or may not have been along the way - did something amazing. Worldbuilding and capturing folks' imaginations to the point of film characters becoming part of global culture. Doesn't happen often. There was a time when Star Trek was pretty much all anyone had I guess.

I rewatched Sith last night and was thinkin' the design of all this is staggering. Where stuff like General Grevious comes from?

Don't have Thurs night tickets 'coz we waited too long:horror. All theaters sold out and for afternoon/evening shows next day. Noon Friday show. I wanted great screen and sound and that's what we got. Maybe we could've gotten neckbreaker fan event seats:dunno but forget that.

Have blown by any YT vids or spoilers - not that I believe anyway a lot of time.:pfft: Depending I'll see it again too over the season.

Woohoo!

Sure! I've read all the leaks, so I can tell you if your theories are hot or cold lol. I will happily say that the theory I had about Snoke from a couple years ago turned out to be true.

In that most recent spot, I can't believe how satisfying it was to me to see those giant statues as Kylo went down that elevator in Palpatine's Sith lair.

We've seen Jedi monuments in the PT, and a bit of that sort of thing with the Prime Jedi artwork at the Ahch-To temple in TLJ, but never really any Sith artifact/relic stuff until now. Maybe they were all just statues paying tribute to Palpatine himself :lol - but I love the idea of seeing some version of a Sith "temple" to juxtapose with what we've seen of the Jedi versions.

I think we'll probably see a lot more in the visuals of that scene to generate intrigue and discussion.

I hope this thread doesn't end up going the way I expect. Either way, I'm glad someone here did this. Thanks, KerotanFrog! :duff

I've got my tickets for Thursday, but I can't lie: even as a fan of the ST thus far, I'm expecting to have major problems with TROS if the plot leaks are accurate (especially the ending).

But, staying positive: the latest trailer with Palpatine and Kylo got me more excited than anything else so far, and I'm just relying on there being context throughout the film that will make the leaked plot work better on screen. And visually, the film looks stunning. Very much looking forward to that element, if nothing else.
No problem! I think its great to have a place on here to share excitement.

And yeah, this thread will either go the way we hope or the way we fear haha.

But I think the leaks will actually turn out being good. It will feel much different when we see the scenes in their full context as opposed to bullet points or loosely worded paragraphs. I think JJ will get the scenes to stick the landing.

And if anyone wants to discuss leaks or spoilers, just use spoiler tags for those who don't. But anything from trailers is fair game to discuss without tags.

In that most recent spot, I can't believe how satisfying it was to me to see those giant statues as Kylo went down that elevator in Palpatine's Sith lair.

We've seen Jedi monuments in the PT, and a bit of that sort of thing with the Prime Jedi artwork at the Ahch-To temple in TLJ, but never really any Sith artifact/relic stuff until now. Maybe they were all just statues paying tribute to Palpatine himself [emoji38] - but I love the idea of seeing some version of a Sith "temple" to juxtapose with what we've seen of the Jedi versions.

I think we'll probably see a lot more in the visuals of that scene to generate intrigue and discussion.
AGREED! My hype went through the roof. I saw that people were saying one of the statues was Darth Nihilus... OMG if true.

Even after reading the leaks, it looked better than I could've imagined.

AGREED! My hype went through the roof. I saw that people were saying one of the statues was Darth Nihilus... OMG if true.

Even after reading the leaks, it looked better than I could've imagined.

Yeah, the visuals were just about perfect for me. I can't wait to see more of it on Thursday.

And then there were the voices. I think some of that was intentionally edited as misdirection. I'm pretty sure the first part where we hear "at last" was Daisy Ridley's voice, and "my boy" was Harrison Ford's (but distorted to disguise it). The Daisy voice might've sounded different because that line is being delivered by "Dark Rey." And the "my boy" line might've been too much of a spoiler if not altered in editing. Not sure, though.

I just don't think those two instances will be a part of that Palpatine/Kylo scene in the Sith lair. The other ones (Snoke, Vader, and Palps) do seem to fit the scene where Kylo will meet Palps and learn what's been going on. That dynamic already has me completely hooked.

Regardless of your views on the subject, that has to be the funniest thread title of the year.:lol

There's something about "positivity thread" (with exclamation point!) that I genuinely adore.:clap

Regardless of your views on the subject, that has to be the funniest thread title of the year.:lol

There's something about "positivity thread" (with exclamation point!) that I genuinely adore.:clap

We all need a negative free zone sometimes......

Kinda like the Phantom Zone....

Good luck out there in the real world.:lol

Interesting that in some ways political debates cover much the same ground as SW debates. I'd like to say that makes the ST timely, but that would mean the issues would be deeply embedded in the narrative - and exploring those issues - not at the meta level, or at the meta-meta level with ST stars and filmmakers on social media.

EDIT: I just got a "You do not have permission to post in this thread" message. What is that?:dunno:monkey3

I need to get on Twitter about this.......

Screen-Shot-2014-09-19-at-16.06.29.png

:lol

Good luck out there in the real world.:lol

Interesting that in some ways political debates cover much the same ground as SW debates. I'd like to say that makes the ST timely, but that would mean the issues would be deeply embedded in the narrative - and exploring those issues - not at the meta level, or at the meta-meta level with ST stars and filmmakers on social media.

EDIT: I just got a "You do not have permission to post in this thread" message. What is that?:dunno:monkey3

Oh dear - and here I?ve been posting in any thread I choose without obtaining permission from the authorities! :panic:

The PZ is a place intended for imprisoning Kryptonian criminals (aka: those who commit negative acts). I’d say the PZ was a pretty negative place; nobody seemed happy to get banished there. :lol

I think JJ should have done all three. I do like the sequel trilogy, but there's also a whole lot I don't like about those movies. They're much easier for me to watch and enjoy than the PT though. Anybody who thinks that the phantom menace is a better film than the last jedi is lying to themselves.

Back