PDA

View Full Version : Freddy Pics: View Here!

peterpil
07-05-2005, 01:29 AM
Hi, I have uploaded som pictures I took of my 1/4 Freddy to my Yahoo Album. Feel free to have a look here: Click Here (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/peterpil19/album?.dir=/10a7)

--Peter

P.S. The blades are PLASTIC not Metal!!!! Don't be dissapointed when you open yours up, know this in advance. Also, the hat is plastic not material. This, I think is a little cheap as the material hat in their pictures looked sooo much better.

TheWitchKing
07-05-2005, 02:37 AM
Plastic? My brothers arrived the other day and the hat felt and looks polystone................

Azog of Moria
07-05-2005, 03:30 AM
I am thinking they are really metal...as with Logan's claws its a heavy, heavy resin type paint on them, so I could see how you may think the plastic

TheWitchKing
07-05-2005, 03:52 AM
Just took a look at the claws, they are resin type material.

Gruson
07-05-2005, 06:00 AM
Ok, I am a little upset about this.

I thought these 1/4 versions were supposed to be made of high quality and were to be film accurate.

A PLASTIC hat??!?! PLASTIC blades on the glove?

Come on Sideshow...that is just being cheap. We pay good money for these 1/4 figures and expect them to be made out of the best materials.

I have not received mine yet but it should be here this week. Freddy still looks good but I would prefer metal claws and a real hat.

Azog of Moria
07-05-2005, 06:04 AM
Hey Gruson, I talk to Wiki, and pretty sure the claws are metal , just like Logan, and as for the hat, I dunno...

RichardW
07-05-2005, 06:12 AM
I agree - the hat looks bad. It should've been real.

Michael Crawford MWC
07-05-2005, 07:25 AM
Whoa there, boys and girls - let's get things straight. There's no plastic of any kind on Freddy.

Yes, the hat is polystone. Not sure how they could make a cloth hat that didn't look like crap, but if you think it should have been cloth, I can't argue. All the sixth scale cloth hats I have look like garbage compared to the sculpted versions, but perhaps there's a way to pull it off in 1/4 scale.

The blades are most likely metal, but I'm not snapping one to find out. Companies often use a softer pewter like metal for the very fine details in any polystone bust, since it's less likely to break. Still, I do agree that these blades should have been real steel.

I suspect that part of Freddy's problem will be that he was originally conceived and prototyped 18 months ago, and in that time the Premium Format figures - like the Phantom or the very soon to be released Luke - have come a long way, leaving him behind in quality.

Michael
MWC

Azog of Moria
07-05-2005, 07:39 AM
Great point Mike about the timing.... I can imagine the same will said for a few of the initially releases... If you compare how they made changes between since the release of the original Orlok compare to the BW version, lots of changes there in the same figure....

Gruson
07-05-2005, 07:41 AM
Right, I had forgot that Freddy was one of the first 1/4 announced and was "supposed" to have been released last October.

I will take some pictures of mine this week.

elwood49
07-05-2005, 07:49 AM
I was just about to post what Mike said in regard to Freddy's hat being sculpted. I think it was done this way in order to look precisely how Sideshow wanted it to look. If they had made a hat out of cloth, then the whole look of the pose would be drastically different depending on how the buyer chose to display the piece.

BSHERRIS
07-05-2005, 08:06 AM
The only Quarter-Scale piece that I have from Sideshow that is wearing a hat is the Lon Chaney London After Midnight statue, and that piece appears to be polystone covered with a felt fabric and a small ribbon.

Absolutely a quality job!

elwood49
07-05-2005, 08:12 AM
The only Quarter-Scale piece that I have from Sideshow that is wearing a hat is the Lon Chaney London After Midnight statue, and that piece appears to be polystone covered with a felt fabric and a small ribbon.

That would be even better than a purely sculpted version. They will most likely do that for all future releases.

I'm glad that they are really beginning to hit their stride with the Premium Figures right before the Star Wars line begins. We shouldn't have any of the hiccups with Star Wars that the Universal Monster line has experienced.

BTVSnut
07-05-2005, 09:28 AM
Well, metal or not, polystone or not, that is one bad-ass Freddy! I never really paid attention to the New Line stuff - thanks for the pics - his eyes are amazing! That thing would freak me out, but not as much as the Demon Freddy would - that thing is nasty :eek

Psycho Cenobite
07-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Can you take his jumpper off and has he got all the faces of the children in his belly? :hat

Psycho Cenobite :skull

TheWitchKing
07-05-2005, 10:29 AM
Gruson, you 1/4 Premium Detroit Piston kinda guy, :p . Trust me, your gonna love it! Im so tempted myself of getting one for my personal collection. My brother collects Horror and once I saw it, I almost didnt open the door for him to come pick it up. :\

Gruson
07-05-2005, 10:45 AM
I know I will like it. :)

I just want to make sure Sideshow knows we want everything to be the best, down to the smallest detail.

Hopefully Freddy, Aliens Queen, Gothmog, Kirk and MR Luke EE will all be here today or tomorrow. What a week. :rock

sanpedromanrique
07-05-2005, 12:40 PM
I don't like the expression at all. He looks really sad, like a sensitive burn victim and not as a mean killer. I much prefer the expression on the 1/6 scale. However I am kind of glad when I don't like a horror figure from SS because I am out of space to display them all...

Gruson
07-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Well, there is always Demon Freddy coming too...how's this facial expression? :)

I have both on order, of course.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/7129_image02.jpg

screamingmetal
07-05-2005, 01:43 PM
I don't know what type of metal they used, but maybe the old refrigerator magnet trick will reveal if they're metal or not. It won't work if it's Stainless Steel or Aluminum. Just be careful not to bend the blades if it turns out they are made of metal.

peterpil
07-06-2005, 01:17 AM
(ezboard's playing up:3rd attempt at posting!)

I hope you guys are right in saying that the 1/4 line will increase quality-wise in time, because though this was a great figure, it doesn't sport the best paint-job I have ever seen and is no where near as complete as the pictures on sideshow.com. Fair enough Freddy's not the most attractive bloke around, but he still deserves some attention around the eyes at least, but out of the 5 quarter-scale's I have, his eye's are the most poorly painted. I can say with all honesty that the 12inch Demon Freddy has a superior paint job than this 1/4 scale version.

I'm looking forwards to 1/4 Demon-Freddy though. Hopefully it will come with the quality the money paid for it deserves.

--Peter

Gruson
07-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Ok,

I got my Freddy today. I think he is great! The blades are fine and the hat is not a big deal either. Overall, I am impressed by him and was really worried about nothing. I still think that Demon Freddy will be more detailed overall but I will just have to wait and see. I will post some pics later this week.

You can find Freddy cheap, like $160 now on ebay and at that price, he's a steal. Great figure.

Azog of Moria
07-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Cool Gruson, you gotta post pics of your collection some day

Gruson
07-06-2005, 04:32 PM
I am waiting for the Alien Queen to arrive and I will then take some pictures of her and my other 1/4 pieces, etc.

I have most of them set up now on some shelves I built. The custom lighting will not be installed until August though...it should end up looking very nice. This is just the beginning of my ultimate display room. :) Home theater room is done, now it's time to concentrate on the "statue" room.

DetroitSportsFan
07-08-2005, 02:26 PM
I got my Freddy today. Unfortunately, one of the blades broke off during shipping. >: But, I could always glue it back on.
As for the statue itself, I love it!

Oxbeard
07-13-2005, 01:22 PM
I received my Freddy today, thanks Mike!!! Looks fantastic.

I can testify too that the blades are metal. The first blade on my Freddy was actually bent sideways and I was able to slowly bend it back to its proper position and looks good as new. Definitely couldn't have done that if the blades were not metal.