Freddy Pics: View Here!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

peterpil

Hi, I have uploaded som pictures I took of my 1/4 Freddy to my Yahoo Album. Feel free to have a look here: Click Here

--Peter

P.S. The blades are PLASTIC not Metal!!!! Don't be dissapointed when you open yours up, know this in advance. Also, the hat is plastic not material. This, I think is a little cheap as the material hat in their pictures looked sooo much better.

Plastic? My brothers arrived the other day and the hat felt and looks polystone................

I am thinking they are really metal...as with Logan's claws its a heavy, heavy resin type paint on them, so I could see how you may think the plastic

Ok, I am a little upset about this.

I thought these 1/4 versions were supposed to be made of high quality and were to be film accurate.

A PLASTIC hat??!?! PLASTIC blades on the glove?

Come on Sideshow...that is just being cheap. We pay good money for these 1/4 figures and expect them to be made out of the best materials.

I have not received mine yet but it should be here this week. Freddy still looks good but I would prefer metal claws and a real hat.

Hey Gruson, I talk to Wiki, and pretty sure the claws are metal , just like Logan, and as for the hat, I dunno...

Whoa there, boys and girls - let's get things straight. There's no plastic of any kind on Freddy.

Yes, the hat is polystone. Not sure how they could make a cloth hat that didn't look like crap, but if you think it should have been cloth, I can't argue. All the sixth scale cloth hats I have look like garbage compared to the sculpted versions, but perhaps there's a way to pull it off in 1/4 scale.

The blades are most likely metal, but I'm not snapping one to find out. Companies often use a softer pewter like metal for the very fine details in any polystone bust, since it's less likely to break. Still, I do agree that these blades should have been real steel.

I suspect that part of Freddy's problem will be that he was originally conceived and prototyped 18 months ago, and in that time the Premium Format figures - like the Phantom or the very soon to be released Luke - have come a long way, leaving him behind in quality.

Michael
MWC

Great point Mike about the timing.... I can imagine the same will said for a few of the initially releases... If you compare how they made changes between since the release of the original Orlok compare to the BW version, lots of changes there in the same figure....

Right, I had forgot that Freddy was one of the first 1/4 announced and was "supposed" to have been released last October.

I will take some pictures of mine this week.

I was just about to post what Mike said in regard to Freddy's hat being sculpted. I think it was done this way in order to look precisely how Sideshow wanted it to look. If they had made a hat out of cloth, then the whole look of the pose would be drastically different depending on how the buyer chose to display the piece.

The only Quarter-Scale piece that I have from Sideshow that is wearing a hat is the Lon Chaney London After Midnight statue, and that piece appears to be polystone covered with a felt fabric and a small ribbon.

Absolutely a quality job!

The only Quarter-Scale piece that I have from Sideshow that is wearing a hat is the Lon Chaney London After Midnight statue, and that piece appears to be polystone covered with a felt fabric and a small ribbon.

That would be even better than a purely sculpted version. They will most likely do that for all future releases.

I'm glad that they are really beginning to hit their stride with the Premium Figures right before the Star Wars line begins. We shouldn't have any of the hiccups with Star Wars that the Universal Monster line has experienced.

Well, metal or not, polystone or not, that is one bad-ass Freddy! I never really paid attention to the New Line stuff - thanks for the pics - his eyes are amazing! That thing would freak me out, but not as much as the Demon Freddy would - that thing is nasty :eek

Can you take his jumpper off and has he got all the faces of the children in his belly? :hat

Psycho Cenobite :skull

Gruson, you 1/4 Premium Detroit Piston kinda guy, :p . Trust me, your gonna love it! Im so tempted myself of getting one for my personal collection. My brother collects Horror and once I saw it, I almost didnt open the door for him to come pick it up. :\

I know I will like it. :)

I just want to make sure Sideshow knows we want everything to be the best, down to the smallest detail.

Hopefully Freddy, Aliens Queen, Gothmog, Kirk and MR Luke EE will all be here today or tomorrow. What a week. :rock

Freddy

I don't like the expression at all. He looks really sad, like a sensitive burn victim and not as a mean killer. I much prefer the expression on the 1/6 scale. However I am kind of glad when I don't like a horror figure from SS because I am out of space to display them all...

Re: Freddy

Well, there is always Demon Freddy coming too...how's this facial expression? :)

I have both on order, of course.

7129_image02.jpg

Re: Freddy

I don't know what type of metal they used, but maybe the old refrigerator magnet trick will reveal if they're metal or not. It won't work if it's Stainless Steel or Aluminum. Just be careful not to bend the blades if it turns out they are made of metal.

Back