PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Studios movie Doom?

dstephan
07-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Why have I not heard of this coming out?

www.toymania.com/toybuzz/messages/81494.shtml (http://www.toymania.com/toybuzz/messages/81494.shtml)

B Electronic
07-05-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm not sure if Doom wants Richards to know he's fondling his wife! :lol

Buttmunch
07-06-2005, 08:04 AM
:eek I'll have to get both versions! I looked on ebay and there are a few on there, so its not a custom. There is even an unmasked variant! I have Punisher (comic) and Wolverine (comic) from this line and I think there actually pretty good.

dstephan
07-06-2005, 08:06 AM
The Punisher and Wolverine from this line are movie versions - as are most (all?) in the line. I have all of them but was surprised I'd not heard about Doom.

Buttmunch
07-06-2005, 08:12 AM
No, the first wave contained Blade (movie), Punisher (comic), and Wolverine (comic). Then came Daredevil (movie), Wolverine (Movie, X2), and then finally Punisher (movie). After the first wave, they have been all movie figures.

I am surprised that Doom snuck undrer everyone's radar.

Marvel Studios Punisher (Comic) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=348&item=5985340196&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)

Marvel Studios Wolverine (Comic) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2483&item=5979199635&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V)

Azog of Moria
07-06-2005, 09:16 AM
Wasn't there are wolverin commando version to, tan camoufalge and machines guns?

Buttmunch
07-06-2005, 09:48 AM
Azog, thats the one I have (the comic version). See the link in my post above your post.

Azog of Moria
07-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Was that there before, god I am blind...thanks BM!

Buttmunch
07-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Anybody found him yet? If so where? The timing on him seems to be pretty perfect. Afterall, the movie comes out tomorrow.

Oxbeard
07-07-2005, 03:50 PM
Buttmunch, I saw him at Walmart last week for the first time. There were just a couple of them on the shelves. Last night I they had about 10 on the shelf.

I didn't realize the line had so many in it. The only other I remember seeing was Daredevil. :dunno

Buttmunch
07-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Ah, of course! Thanks Oxbeard. I forgot Wal-Mart carried these. I could only think of Media Play and Suncoast,etc. There was a Wal-Mart pratically next door to the Media Play I went to today :bang

Oh well, I'm bidding on an unmasked version on ebay for only $25. I'll probably be able to pick up the regular Doom at Wally World.

screamingmetal
07-08-2005, 11:34 AM
I recall hearing about this figure sometime ago, but forgot it was coming out. I'll have to look around for this one.
Are there two versions of this one? I know the mask in the movie is removable, but wouldn't the figure at least have the mask especially at that price?

I have all but the Daredevil and Punisher Marvel Studios figures, IMO, the only one worth getting is the Blade one. It's the only one in the series that has a Dragon like neck post, and is very easily transferred to a Dragon body (the likeness is quite good by the way).

Buttmunch
07-08-2005, 12:12 PM
Yes, it appears there are two versions. One with the mask and the other without. I went to Wal-Mart today and only found the masked version. I can only get one at the moment because of all the SDCC sideshow stuff on order, so I want to get the rarer of the two first (the unmasked).

darth kered
07-08-2005, 12:41 PM
buttmunch,

how does this figure look in person? it looks kinda crappy from the ebay photos i'm seeing.

are those new hand sculpts?

Buttmunch
07-08-2005, 02:22 PM
The hands appear to be new because of the metal bits in them. The sculpt of the masked version is great! I haven't gotten him yet, but he looked great in the packaging. I still haven't seen the unmasked yet. This is by far one of the better figures in this line. I would say it looks near sideshow quality (but I don't know for sure).

Oxbeard
07-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Keep checking back Buttmunch. The first week I saw them, I only saw 2 and both were masked versions. This week when I saw 10 the split was 50/50.

Buttmunch
07-09-2005, 07:13 AM
Well I went back to Wal-Mart and they had 10 Dooms there. All masked versions :rolleyes Since I saw the film yesterday, I couldn't wait any longer and decided to just pick him up. He is a pretty good figure. His hands are indeed new. He even has his ring on his right hand. His shoes are his feet, similar to the sideshow female figures like Scully. The only nit picks on him are no accessories (couldn't he have come with the rocket launcher?) and his hood doesn't fit like the movie's does. It kinda looks like Sideshow's Obi-wan's hood, but not as pointy on the top. Overall, a great figure in the line.

Oxbeard
07-09-2005, 08:00 AM
I finally picked both versions up this morning. The unmasked head is an excellent likeness. I took the time to pick over the packages looking for one's posed well in the box since I will liked leave this sealed.

Buttmunch I can't believe your luck though. My walmart had apparently opened more cases and actually had about 18 or 20 on the shelf. There were slightly fewer unmasked versions than masked, but still plenty to go around.

Were the earlier figures in the line done this well? I have only seen Daredevil and relunctantly passed on it. Noticed MWC's review of the Blade which wasn't too flatering, but this Doom figure seems to be done very well.

Buttmunch
07-09-2005, 09:14 AM
Yeah, I know. My luck stinks! The earlier figures were this well done. I only have the comic Punisher and Wolverine. Punisher is fantastic. He has tons of great weapons. My favorite feature is a wire at the bottom of his trench coat that allowes for so much more posing options. I wish Doom had this. Wolverine is also nice, but isn't as cool as Punisher and Doom.

Maybe I'll have to look at a Super Wal-Mart to find the unmasked Doom. Oxbeard, did you find yours at a Super Wal-Mart?

Oxbeard
07-09-2005, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the info.

Yeah, it was a super Walmart that I found mine.

Buttmunch
07-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Hmmm... Maybe that's my problem. The two nearest Wal-Marts to me are just regulars. I may have to stop by a Super sometime soon. Thanks for your help!

Buttmunch
07-09-2005, 03:04 PM
I just had a thought. Perhaps Doom is an unoffical Wal-Mart exclusive. And maybe the unmasked Doom is an unoffical Super Wal-Mart exclusive. That would explain why I haven't seen any Unmasked Dooms at my local regular Wal-Marts and Doom anywhere else. Of course because he is so new and not much is known about him to begin with, nobody would know for sure.

screamingmetal
07-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Well, the Super Wallmart near me didn't have this figure, none could be found. And it's the biggest Wallmart in the country, and has the worst selection of toys. :(

And neither Target or Toys R Us had this one, I do think it might be a Wallmart exclusive.

Buttmunch
07-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Wasn't DareDevil only found at Walmart too? I only saw the movie Punisher at Media Play and its affiliate stores. Did anyone find him at another store. Come to think of it, I only saw the X2 Wolverine at Toysrus. I think some of these figures are indeed exclusives. Strange, when a store has an exclusive they usually say it in big letters on the packaging to let you know.

screamingmetal
07-10-2005, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I think I've only ever seen Dare Devil at Wallmart. I've never seen the Tom Jane version of the Punisher at any store. And I don't have a media play near where I live. I was wondering why I've never seen the Tom Jane Punisher, now I know why.

dstephan
07-10-2005, 06:22 PM
I have a couple of Daredevil and I refuse to go to Walmart, but I might have got them online. I think I got all the others at TRU though.

Bonehead15
07-10-2005, 07:11 PM
I have all the previous Marvel Studios figures and I got all of mine from TRU also.

For some reason, my TRU cannot sell any of theses figures. I remember seeing 8 Blades sitting on the shelf for weeks. I didn't even realize that he was suppossed to be rare.:p

dstephan
07-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Got Doom off ebay - like all the Marvel Studios - the joints are so loose that it can't stand. The head is bigger than any SSC has ever done and the wrists aren't great. But overall it looks like the design in the film. Not too chuffed about the film nor this guy. Where's my posable Jessica Alba in spandex?

ironman1188
07-13-2005, 04:06 AM
The head is bigger than any SSC has ever done and the wrists aren't great.

"ever"?? C'mon....;)

Buttmunch
07-13-2005, 09:29 AM
Dave, what version did you get? Masked or Unmasked? I only have the masked and I don't think his head is too large, but he is wearing a metal mask and has a hood. Mine doesn't like to stand up much either :\

dstephan
07-13-2005, 09:31 AM
I got the masked version too. Maybe because of the mask the head is big, but it still looks oversized. I will the costume, aside from the molded shoes, is very decent.