Another Marvel? I thought this was Star Wars season!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fantasticfrog

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yep,
Another Spider-Man to go along with war machine this week. I thought we would be overloaded with Star Wars preorders by now, as the show and movie are soon. Yikes! I thought this would be a Star Wars autumn after the endless endgame preorder onslaught. Wow, I was wrong. So we have 45,786 spider man figures, yet no bespin han or lando?

Side note: if they dare make old lando before bespin or skiff we riot!

By riot, I mean type angrily on this board about dollies.

The sequel trilogy has given birth to a whole new level of shelf warmers :rotfl

True. Heck, I'd rather start collecting Marvel, than buy any Sequel Trilogy figure.
Pacman 04.png

ST apologists are in such denial at the colossal fiasco this trilogy is. Lack of merchandising support at this point is not surprising. The #1 comment on the official YouTube trailer (meant for mainstream consumption) with 20K likes states they have no idea what this trilogy is supposed to be about - not a good sign. It had one job: to expand the the brand's customer base so Disney shareholders could make more $$$ and it failed to do that spectacularly. Not only have these movies failed to attract new customers to the brand, it has actively marginalized long time SW fans. Every new character is an archetype of a typical Hollywood gender or racial stereotype (Finn is the worst racist caricature of them all; a token loud-mouthed Black man for comedic relief whose only role is to support the flawless White savior Rey). No wonder no one is interested in buying merch based on them. I'd rather buy a HT Jar Jar and little Annie two-pack complete with Bantha pudu accessory before any ST character soils my shelf of overpriced dolls.

One really has to be in awe of the gross incompetence and mismanagement of Star Wars by Disney. The unkillable franchise now lies on its death bed and TROS will be the final nail in the box office coffin. SPOILER ALERT: At the very end of TROS "Star Wars dies":

ST apologists are in such denial at the colossal fiasco this trilogy is. Lack of merchandising support at this point is not surprising. The #1 comment on the official YouTube trailer (meant for mainstream consumption) with 20K likes states they have no idea what this trilogy is supposed to be about - not a good sign. It had one job: to expand the the brand's customer base so Disney shareholders could make more $$$ and it failed to do that spectacularly. Not only have these movies failed to attract new customers to the brand, it has actively marginalized long time SW fans. Every new character is an archetype of a typical Hollywood gender or racial stereotype (Finn is the worst racist caricature of them all; a token loud-mouthed Black man for comedic relief whose only role is to support the flawless white savior Rey). No wonder no one is interested in buying merch based on them. I'd rather buy a HT Jar Jar and little Annie two-pack complete with Bantha pudu accessory before any ST character soils my shelf of dolls.

Ouch!

But true. All of it.

Ouch!

But true. All of it.
the sad part is that if it centered around luke han and leia we would have went crazy. that synergy is what made the ot so special. The focus was too centered on rey, kylo, and finn instead.

It's gutting that the big 3 never shared a scene together. Such a massive blunder. The first mistake was Luke going into hiding, something he would never do. It leaves such a rotten taste after the happy ending of ROTJ.

It's gutting that the big 3 never shared a scene together. Such a massive blunder. The first mistake was Luke going into hiding, something he would never do. It leaves such a rotten taste after the happy ending of ROTJ.

So did Han and Leia’s relationship having fallen apart.

ST apologists are in such denial at the colossal fiasco this trilogy is. Lack of merchandising support at this point is not surprising. The #1 comment on the official YouTube trailer (meant for mainstream consumption) with 20K likes states they have no idea what this trilogy is supposed to be about - not a good sign. It had one job: to expand the the brand's customer base so Disney shareholders could make more $$$ and it failed to do that spectacularly. Not only have these movies failed to attract new customers to the brand, it has actively marginalized long time SW fans. Every new character is an archetype of a typical Hollywood gender or racial stereotype (Finn is the worst racist caricature of them all; a token loud-mouthed Black man for comedic relief whose only role is to support the flawless White savior Rey). No wonder no one is interested in buying merch based on them. I'd rather buy a HT Jar Jar and little Annie two-pack complete with Bantha pudu accessory before any ST character soils my shelf of overpriced dolls.

One really has to be in awe of the gross incompetence and mismanagement of Star Wars by Disney. The unkillable franchise now lies on its death bed and TROS will be the final nail in the box office coffin. SPOILER ALERT: At the very end of TROS "Star Wars dies":

No way I am going to read all that.

Apologists? Maybe some people just enjoy the films?

Billions of dollars are against your ?opinion?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

the sad part is that if it centered around luke han and leia we would have went crazy. that synergy is what made the ot so special. The focus was too centered on rey, kylo, and finn instead.

OT crew being together would have negated the entire point of a sequel trilogy and a new adventure worth telling about would be impossible without new characters coming into the fold.

Like it or not, these movies were always going to be made and I'm glad that despite its flaws, the ST went ahead and featured something more compelling than Luke, Han and Leia as literally the exact same people they were 30 years prior.

Now, where are these TROS reveals! I think there is credence to the point people are making that HT are waiting to see what sticks on the wall after TROS.

Back