Which is the worst SW title?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the worst SW title

• The Phantom Menace

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Attack of the Clones

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A New Hope

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

• Return of the Jedi

• The Force Awakens

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • The Last Jedi

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • The Rise of Skywalker

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
For me it's a toss-up between TPM and ANH - ANH is probably the least interesting (even if it works in the context of the other titles).

Fun fact: Five titles start with "The", including the entire ST.

Between A New Hope and Phantom Menace!! Not sure why people dislike AOTC it’s a great SW title. There’s no difference between AOTC & ESB

I love the prequel trilogy but Attack of the Clones has to be the worst title ever!

The Force Awakens is a pretty bad title. All the OT and PT titles at least had a pulpy B-movie feel. I would also say The Last Jedi is a bad title too just by reusing the word Jedi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A New Hope is a pretty uninspired title. Never liked it.

Attack of the Clones is just all around a bad title. Doesn't fit. Doesn't express what the movie is about. Just plain bad.

The Force Awakens is another lame title. Does the Force sleep? Its just dumb.

Right now I really can't decide which of the three is the worst.

Attack of the Clones for sure. The Phantom Menace is actually a pretty good and accurate title, regardless of the quality of the movie itself.

I love the prequel trilogy but Attack of the Clones has to be the worst title ever!

Attack of the Clones is just all around a bad title. Doesn't fit. Doesn't express what the movie is about. Just plain bad.

It probably suits Ep III more than II.

The Force Awakens is another lame title. Does the Force sleep? Its just dumb.

It can awaken *in people* but yes, the title doesn't successfully communicate that.

I would also say The Last Jedi is a bad title too just by reusing the word Jedi.

Not to mention they went from the "return" of the Jedi to the "last" Jedi in the space of two episodes.

Last edited:
I voted for AOTC cause I remember how dumbfounded I was when it was announced that they would actually release a movie with that blitheringly stupid a title.

Rise of Skywalker is actually much worse, but it's such a dog**** movie that it's beneath my contempt.

AOTC is cheesy and I would have picked that if not for TROS. TFA comes in third.

As pointed out AOTC while appropriately pulp-y sounding is just dumb and doesn't describe the movie at all.

Funny enough outside of the connection to the actual movie itself I actually think The Last Jedi sounds pretty cool. Yeah it's a bit of a reuse of ROTJ, but I liked how there was a bit of mystery to it when it was announced. It could have applied to Rey or Luke and the idea that he thought the jedi should end was interesting.

No idea what Rise of Skywalker means. It sounds pretty dumb, but maybe theres some context that we dont have yet.

Back