1/6 Your most-wanted Hot Toys Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your most-wanted Hot Toys Luke Skywalker

• Bacta Tank and/or Medical Gown

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Dagobah

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Dark Empire (Legends)

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Hoth

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Jedi Master (similar to Crait)

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Shadows of the Empire (Legends)

• Snowspeeder

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • X-Wing

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Yavin

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Young Luke (from Kenobi series)

• Total voters

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
Now that Endor and Crait Luke are confirmed, and even Baby Luke is released, what is your most wanted Luke Skywalker figure Hot Toys hasn't done yet?

I voted Yavin. For me it's the definitive Rebel Luke, just as the ROTJ version is the definitive Jedi Luke.

Without a doubt X-Wing Pilot is at the top of my list, followed closely by his Hoth gear.

I voted Hoth because I think Hot Toys could vastly improve upon the Sideshow figure. But I suspect most folks will want a pilot version more. I would like to see them tackle a pilot version too, if for no other reason than to see a Hot Toys paint-up of the helmet. The paint and weathering on both Sideshow helmets were mediocre at very best.

I voted Hoth because I think Hot Toys could vastly improve upon the Sideshow figure. But I suspect most folks will want a pilot version more. I would like to see them tackle a pilot version too, if for no other reason than to see a Hot Toys paint-up of the helmet. The paint and weathering on both Sideshow helmets were mediocre at very best.

Yeah, the helmet apps/weathering were much better on the Snowspeeder Luke vs X-Wing Luke, but still off. Fortunately the helmet sculpt is good, it's really just the paint, but its' tough to fix.

Hoth Luke would get my vote too. I heavily modded my SSC Luke Hoth and still not 100% happy. I bought a non-BD HT Bespin head to use on it but don't love that head either (and the apps on it feel a little bit dated nowadays.)

I would love any HT Luke that really nails the likeness. That is a HUGE ask for HT - they have really struggled with OT Han and Luke. I don't need yet another HT Luke for $220+ that "kinda" looks like Luke. It's partly the reason I eye-roll when I see people saying "can't for HT to do Luke ___ or Han ___".

I also think that the reuse of the HT Luke Jedi sculpt - just with new hair - for the upcoming Luke Bespin means we will be waiting a long time for a newly sculpt Luke. That fig was HT's opportunity to step up with an all-new centerpiece Luke but they went with a ressued head. The Jedi Luke sculpt is quite a good Hamill likeness and the apps are superb but it still has its issues (mostly for me it's the slack jaw and teeth.)

Yeah, the helmet apps/weathering were much better on the Snowspeeder Luke vs X-Wing Luke, but still off. Fortunately the helmet sculpt is good, it's really just the paint, but its' tough to fix.

Hoth Luke would get my vote too. I heavily modded my SSC Luke Hoth and still not 100% happy. I bought a non-BD HT Bespin head to use on it but don't love that head either (and the apps on it feel a little bit dated nowadays.)

I would love any HT Luke that really nails the likeness. That is a HUGE ask for HT - they have really struggled with OT Han and Luke. I don't need yet another HT Luke for $220+ that "kinda" looks like Luke. It's partly the reason I eye-roll when I see people saying "can't for HT to do Luke ___ or Han ___".

I also think that the reuse of the HT Luke Jedi sculpt - just with new hair - for the upcoming Luke Bespin means we will be waiting a long time for a newly sculpt Luke. That fig was HT's opportunity to step up with an all-new centerpiece Luke but they went with a ressued head. The Jedi Luke sculpt is quite a good Hamill likeness and the apps are superb but it still has its issues (mostly for me it's the slack jaw and teeth.)

I like the Jedi Luke sculpt ok, but definitely not for Bespin 2.0. I'm still hoping that was a convention placeholder. They haven't put it up for preorder so it's still possible. I don't mind them doing a Bespin redo if it's not a bare bones cash grab. Give us DX owners a reason to jump on board. Would really like to see a new dead-on Hamill sculpt and accessories for training Luke.

Hot toys production seems to have recently slowed to a crawl relative to the rate they were cranking a short while ago. Numerous figures due to ship from Sideshow in Q3 still have not released in Hong Kong and a couple recent preorders are scheduled in 2021:lol

I am strictly empire but a good Hoth or Dagobah/Bespin Luke would really peak my interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually would love to see a Dark Empire Luke since it would be something completely different. It wont happen though. Ceremonial Luke and Pilot Luke would be awesome.

giphy.gif

Back